Tree of Savior Forum

Current Plans Regarding the Transition to F2P - UPDATED March 28th

Greetings, Saviors!

We would like to offer more details on what we have planned for the transition to F2P on the 28th of April, 2016. There is much more than meets the eye, so please read the notice carefully to make sure you do not miss out on anything important.

[Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access - Discount Sale]

The Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access products will be offered at 30% off the original price from the 21st of April until they are taken down from Steam stores on the 27th of April.

The reason for this sale is to compensate for the lack of head-start that players who purchase the products late into the Exclusive Access period would have.

[Transition to F2P and Additional Worlds]

As we have previously announced, we are planning on creating new worlds if there is a sufficient influx of new players when the game releases to the mass public.

However, we will not be creating new worlds immediately upon release. We are planning on opening them gradually in accordance to the influx of new players.

We are aware that the number of players per world is extremely important to an MMORPG and do not want the population divided. Players on the Founder’s servers may feel like they are being penalized if the new worlds are immediately opened and all the new players go to those servers.

We will be offering 1-time Team transfers to those who purchased Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access.
Only 1 Team transfer per Steam account will be allowed regardless of the number of products purchased.

We will be taking requests from those who would like to make a Team transfer once new worlds open. The transfers will happen approximately 3 weeks after the new worlds are created in order to ensure that some of the head-start effects brought by older players are reduced.

Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for Tree of Savior. We hope that we will be able to work together towards mutually beneficial results.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

Link to another important announcement

Details on the Founder’s Server and Regional Servers

[UPDATE - March 28th, 2016]
Team name:
Team name is unique across all servers, so you cannot have the same Team name on multiple servers. Therefore, this will not be a problem when transferring Teams.

What gets transferred:
Characters, TP, companions, and ongoing Token benefits. If you have an item registered on the Market, please take it back to your possession before the transfer to ensure the safety of your item.
We’ll remind you again in our later announcement.

If you have not retrieved your Exclusive Access items, the mail will also appear on the new server(s).

78 Likes
Do we have 2 free transfers?
Discussion of: Announcement - Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers
Clarification on Team Transfers
Rip to those who opened their founder pack
Announcement on the DLC & TP Products and F2P Transition
So do SEA players get shit on again?
Tranferring from Klaipeda to EU hypothetical issues
Where's the 1-time Team transfers to those who purchased Founder's Server : Exclusive Access. you are talking about?
Where's the 1-time Team transfers to those who purchased Founder's Server : Exclusive Access. you are talking about?
THIS SUCKS! :/ Nobody wants me :(
Founders FREE server transfer?
[PETITION] Transfer from Telsia to Varena!
[SEA] Dont you think we should have early access on Varena Server?
Varena Server Implications
Mistakes cannot be fixed by support - Fedimian transfer to SA Server
Founder pack price increase?
I'm sorry but this server transfer thing is unfair
TOS Steam sale next week?
Orsha to Klaipeda Server Transfer
Orsha to Klaipeda Server Transfer
When Could We Start Applying For Team Migration?
I want to change my sever form K ---> SEA
Founder's Server : Exclusive Access
New Servers - Character transfer
Orsha to klaipeda
Transfer is a FALSE
I need Translate for Fedimian Server to Klaipeda Server?
Klaipeda & Orsha Still Full 2+ Hour Queue
Made a team on Klapedia and Fedimian
Made a team on Klapedia and Fedimian
The different servers (wording is weird)? Question
Bonus Items cannot be moved to another Server
Friend system questions
Can I purchase the Exclusive Access packs avaliable on Steam during the month of April after the game goes live?
Can I still buy and play a Founder's Server Exclusive Access on April 1?
Early access: Can I play without receive the TP points?
[For Brazilians] Steam VS Level Up
Which founders pack did you buy? :D
The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]
The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]
Where's the one time server transfer for founders to Varena?
Transfer from Telsiai to Varena is not going to happen?

Nice move, now people can use their EA pack without waiting for EU server or else.

7 Likes

so 1 team transfer, so that means it includes all the characters right? nice :smiley:

Yeah we can carry over all our belongings, which is nice. I guess I will just have to get used to the rubberbanding and whatnot.

interesting. though the head start will definitely irk some people.

1 Like

so does that mean including everything? items, companions, tp???

Yes, including everything in your team.

Im very happy with that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

May I suggest that you offer Team Transfer service too for a price.

3 Likes

30% dc? 1 time server transfer(free?) Shut up! take all my steam wallet funds💸

3 Likes

does it mean that if a SEA or West Coast server opens up we still need to wait for 3 weeks for the transfer to take effect?

1 Like

Yes, you must wait at least 3 weeks after the server is opened to transfer your team.

The Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access products will be offered at 30% off the original price from the 21st of April until they are taken down from Steam stores on the 27th of April.

Who came up with this Idea? Everyone who bought the 50$ pack for value is f*cked from this because you can buy all the packs only once I can see many people just refund right now and just wait for that sale or just buy a lower pack.

2 Likes

You won’t get an early head start then but I see what you mean by purchasing the $30 pack and then buying the $50 pack for cheaper later on.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan

I have 2 questions.

1. Can i save my Team Name on the other Server for those 3 Weeks?
  2. In the other Thread you said, that we get 1 free Transfer if the EU Server and the others would come. So that means i can transfer from Early Access Server to newly opened Server and from that later on to EU?

It’s only fair that people who are not enjoying the full benefits of a product pay less for it.

30% is ok imho.

4 Likes

Thumbs Up for the transfer decision. Although, since there’s no removal of items or funds from the character, you can pretty much expect the majority of the Founders Server to file for transfer. Not sure if that’s more of a good thing or a bad thing, but… it’s a thing.

^This. Would we be able to pre-reserve our Team name on the F2P servers (Ourselves, by making the team over there when it opens), and when it’s time for Team transfer 3 weeks after they’re opened, we transfer over there like that? Wouldn’t want there to be name conflicts, even though our account owned the name on both servers.

1 Like

I updated the EU Server Community Help Topic with this information too.

This is good news for everyone, not just EU folk wishing for a low ping server.

1 Like

So 3 weeks until transfer. Within the 3 weeks of waiting will our characters be locked during those time or we can still progress and nothing will disappear? I want to know.