Tree of Savior Forum

Announcement Regarding Changes in Plans (Poll Closed)

Greetings, Saviors!

We have been having much internal debate after seeing your feedback and would like to hear what you think about the following.

First, we would like to explain why we had devised the 3 month Exclusive Access plan.
The main concern we had with the Steam launch was whether we could provide a stable service upon release to a massive international audience.

There are numerous factors that can cause instability, but we anticipate that one of the main causes would be a higher concentration of players than we expected. Many unprecedented problems may affect the servers and creating waiting queues to counter this would merely cause inconvenience for everyone. Furthermore, intrusion of numerous bot accounts would also bring detrimental results to the server and the community.

We thought that the best way to provide a much more pleasant and stable gaming environment would be to estimate the approximate amount of players before the massive international release. This would prepare us to respond ideally as we gradually increase the player base.

As such, we decided that launching different types of Founder’s Pack sequentially would be the most realistic option after researching other cases in the past. However, we thought that Founder’s Pack purchasers for other games were not receiving sufficient benefits from the Early Access. Thus, we decided to increase the Early Access period. This decision would also allow us to have enough time to stabilize the servers and adapt to international service before opening up to the mass public.

However, we realized that we had missed some critical points after seeing the feedback on yesterday’s announcement. The largest point that we missed was that the 3-month gap may cause a divide in the gaming community. We had made options to access the game at lower prices after 1 or 2 months in order to lessen such a divide but realized that it wasn’t enough. The feedback gave us a chance to reconsider the initial plan of having 3 months of exclusive access as it proved to be too long for many players.

We consider communities to be an integral part of MMORPGs and we consider each and every single player to be important to us regardless of whether or not they pay for the game. We would also like to offer our sincerest apologies for changing to a Founder’s Server after announcing an Open Beta without sufficient explanation.

We would like to find a way to make amends for announcing a news that let many players down who had been waiting for an Open Beta.

Therefore, we would like to ask the users for their opinions on the following before making the final decision.

We understand you may not agree with any of the options mentioned below. In that case, please tell us what you think is a more reasonable method. We are always attentively listening to your feedback.

As always, we thank you for your interest, enthusiasm, and love for Tree of Savior.

Please refer to the information below for details of each launch plan before proceeding to the poll.

[ 1 Week Staggered Exclusive Access Period ]
The first option is to reduce the Early Access period to 1 week.

1. Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access 1
    A. Price : $49.99
    B. Exclusive Access Period : 7 days
    C. Benefits : 650 TP + 2 Hair Accessories (Hanaming + Popolion Doll)

2. Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access 2
    A. Price : $29.99
    B. Exclusive Access Period : 4 days(3 days after previous pass)
    C. Benefits : 380 TP + 1 Hair Accessory (Popolion Doll)

3. Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access 3
    A. Price : $9.99
    B. Exclusive Access Period : 1 day(3 days after previous pass)
    C. Benefits : 130 TP

[ 1 Month Exclusive Access Period ]
The second option is to reduce the Early Access period to 1 month.

B. Exclusive Access Period : 1 month
    C. Benefits : 650 TP + 1 x 60 day Token + 2 Hair Accessories (Hanaming + Popolion Doll) + 1 Companion (Hoglan) + 1 Stat / Skill Reset Potion

C. Benefits : 380 TP + 1 x 30 day Token + 1 Hair Accessory (Popolion Doll)

C. Benefits : 160 TP

[ 3 Month Staggered Exclusive Access Period ]
The third option is having the 3-month Early Access period as we mentioned.

B. Exclusive Access Period : 3 Months
    C. Benefits : 600 TP + 2 Hair Accessories (Hanaming + Popolion Doll)

B. Exclusive Access Period : 2 Months(1 month after previous pass)
    C. Benefits : 350 TP + 1 Hair Accessory (Popolion Doll)

A. Price : $19.99
    B. Exclusive Access Period : 1 Month(1 month after previous pass)
    C. Benefits : 200 TP

The poll will end in 24 hours at 4 a.m(EST) March 18th, 2016. Service shall start on a similar date regardless of which option is chosen.
[poll] - A. 1 Week Exclusive Access Period - B. 1 Month Exclusive Access Period - C. 3 Month Staggered Exclusive Access Period [/poll]
459 Likes
The Founder Pack is a Done Deal
Everyone can afford $50
Funny people during the betas
[Founders] an International Guild PvE & PvP
TOS Staff and Community
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Latest Announcement
1 month early access ! and a question
Please Keep the Release Date Mar. 22
I can't seem to vote? (also, what are the release dates we are voting on?)
Free stuff for nice people
:globe_with_meridians: Founder's Pack - Value
Self publishing a game is not self funding
The clock is ticking: option 1 and 2 time tables please
Will 1:1 trade be available in international ToS?
If I buy Founders pack, will I able to download the game
Voting poll is open again
Please Keep the Release Date Mar. 22
Just add 3 months wait to transfer to f2p server
[Poll] Server EU/SEA : good compromise?
[Poll] Server EU/SEA : good compromise?
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Latest Announcement
When is the actually official release date? with the new founder pack
Vote option 2 (1month)!
A post for all TOS forum OPs and commenters
The Founder Pack is a Done Deal
A slightly different point of view..? A note to the other community members
Here's what you could contribute to stop this stupid system
Summer = still no patch?
IMC wrost copany?
I laughed when I saw "Report Bot" when right clicked on players
Where is the compensation for a full week of dungeon disconnects?
There's no actual reason to NOT wipe
My Final Feedback: Goodbye for Good ToS
My Final Feedback: Goodbye for Good ToS
Please, no wipe. Please
Why i vote for a wipe
I am gonna be the unpopular guy and say it
I am gonna be the unpopular guy and say it
Open letter to IMC and the Community about the founders incident

1 Month Exclusive Access Period Lets go!

Edit: If there’s no delay from the original date (3.22) would be awesome as people have already made plans. Leave etc cannot be changed.

82 Likes

That is all you needed to tell us from the very beginning. This is the post i think everyone was waiting for and i’m glad i had at least a little bit of fait to the fact IMC would actually make the right choise this time.

Next time please… do this BEFORE the announcment, explain stuff before changing plans… and nothing like the last 2 days will happen.

But this time i can honestly say GOOD JOB IMC beeing serious.

You just regained a fan

118 Likes

Guys just make second option !! 1 MONTH THATS OK |!! and alot of beneficts !!

30 Likes

If we select the first one, it means we are only going to play 1 week before the June 19?

1 Like

Is the official launch still slated for march 22nd or is it being moved further down the line to collect votes/prepare new packs?

11 Likes

I agree… one month is the perfect option for them to work on the server issues and still give everyone a fairly early release

11 Likes

This one is perfect for me. I will pay 10$ to play with lag but at least I can try the game and its not expensive.

Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access 3
C. Benefits : 160 TP

20 Likes

I like option [ 1 Month Exclusive Access Period ]

I can even pay 50$ becouse of Benefits : 650 TP + 1 x 60 day Token + 2 Hair Accessories (Hanaming + Popolion Doll) + 1 Companion (Hoglan) + 1 Stat / Skill Reset Potion

wich give us back the money we pay

12 Likes

1 month seems pretty good considering no matter how much pay 50 or 10 you’ll be in the server 1 month earlier

4 Likes

We need euro server with start obt. There are so many people vouting for this at forum. Why do you think only about American? There is no internacional. This is almost racicm. #eurotos

25 Likes

which one lets me play the soonest? I pick that one

10 Likes

obviously b :smile_cat:

1 Like

Well… this is a special case. I dont think doing this everytime is realistic.

Whatever happens, I just want to play on March 22nd. Please God. IMC senpai.

19 Likes

except people are not stupid if you explain things to them and it seems like most of them are voting 1 month…

1 Like

Which date is for all three periods? 22 March? 19 June?
Month period looks better.

7 Likes

i don’t mean the “voting stuff” i mean the “we decided to change plans for these reasons” if they only wrote that BEFORE announcing the founder pack the last 2 days of hell in this forum would hardly have happened at all…

2 Likes

I love option 2 alot. Its not too long plus I get amazing benefits. Vote 2! :blush:

8 Likes