Tree of Savior

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Going to rewrite this thread for the preparation of rebuild, so that I can get a proper rebuild guide out asap.
Please don’t use it in the mean time. Thanks.

Prelude:

Welcome to my cleric re:build guide, here I will attempt to help you figure out how clerics work in this new and daring(ly boring) update.
As usual, please read the bolded text on top to ensure this guide is still up to date first.

Just like the previous patches a lot of mechanics have again changed, but unfortunately, there isn’t quite enough documentation or testing that shows just how much and how exactly things changed yet.
We do have dev blogs for their initial plans, but most changes to said plans are not mentioned even if they are made which can make them quite misleading.

I will still link to relevant blog posts and try to verify them asap when we get rebuild though, just don’t trust them entirely asap.

And thanks to rjgtav1 we do have an amazing new dabase that lists almost anything you can find at https://tos.guru/ktos/simulator (Replace ktos with itos when we get rebuild ofc.)

But let’s start with a few changes we do know so far:

Changes:

Class selection:
With the arrival of Re:build we will only get to pick 1 base class (Wizard, Archer, Scout, Cleric or Swordsman) and 3 subclasses that belong to those classes.
What is important however is that every base class only gets 15 levels and thus 15 skill points, whereas the others all get 45 each.

Class changes:
Bokor and Taoist both were handed over to the wizard tree, so sadly we won’t be using those anymore.
Chaplain is now a regular rank to boot, and the r8 classes no longer have specific quest or rank requirements either.
Miko however is still our one and only hidden class!
The rest of the class changes I’ll tackle in different sections however.

Class Specializations:
As part of rebuild the 5 base classes each get their own unique stat boosts, however I need to stress that I don’t know when they are calculated or what stats are or are not affected by them yet.

Source: http://tos.nexon.com/lab/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=87

Stat Factors:
With Re:Build you will still retain a small amount you can invest as you please, around 50 or so, but the vast majority of stat points are now replaced with set stat factors tied to your class selection.
These stat factors determine how much stats you get based on your subclasses and level combined.
Do note that these are retroactive as well, so there’s no point in delaying classes or anything of the sort.

You can see stat factors listed as percentages when you get a class advance option, and I’ll post a link to a google doc that includes a simple calc to show total stat blocks: Click here
Cleric%20stat%20factors
Percentages don’t take the 2 stats per level into account, but the numbers do. So I find that slightly more representative and would prefer to use that notation, but your mileage may vary.
Thanks to @Nekorin for listing the changed stat factors.

Stat factors for enemies:
Even enemies get their own stat multiplier now, but for them they’re based on size and race instead.
Google doc for obvious reasons: [Click here]
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15xDssMCyuLtzYZpbArwOoaMJdPmTg-JHj11j5FNz8Y8/edit?usp=sharing)
tosracesizestats

I still need to test whether Chortasmata and Judgement can benefit from these stat alterations, but those might be huge changes for those skills!

Stat effects:
Str, Dex, Con, Int and Spr are also streamlined now in terms of what effects they give.
But keep in mind that from what I saw the percentage bonus only applies to your base + level amount. (Basically it’s quite low.)

Str:

• +2 physical attack per point.
  • +5% patk per 10 points.

Con:

• +0.3% max hp per point, based on max hp?
  • +1.0% max hp per 10 points, based on max hp?
  • +2 pdef/mdef per point.
  • +10% pdef/mdef per 10 points.

Int:

• +2 matk per point.
  • +5% matk per 10 points.

Spr:

• +((Spr / ( LvL 1 + 1 )) * 100) minion dmg%
  • +1 healing power per point.
  • +3% healing power per 10 points.
  • +2 mcrit atk per point.
  • +5% mcrit atk per 10 points.
  • +specific buff scaling unique per skill.

Dex:

• +(Dex / 1000) ^ 0.5 attack speed.
  • +2 pcrit atk per point.
  • +5% pcrit atk per 10 points.

Based on level:

• +1 atk (patk, matk, crit patk and crit matk)
  • +1 pdef & mdef.
  • +(400 * base class hp modifier) + ((Level-1) * 80 * base class hp modifier) Max HP.
  • +(200 * base class sp modifier) + ((level-1) * 18 * base class sp modifier) Max sp
  • +1 block per level.
  • +1 block penetration per level.
  • +1 accuracy per level.
  • +1 evasion per level.
  • +1 crit rate per level.
  • +1 crit res per level.
  • +1% hp resilience per level.
  • +3% sp resllience per level.
  • +1 healing power per level.

Source:

Targeted ally mechanic:
IMC has been removed a number of circle/tile effects and replaced them with targeted buff/heals instead.
So for now Heal, Healing Factor and Ein Sof all target a single ally based on your input instead of their prior mechanics.

Attribute Enhancement changes:
Enhancement has also been streamlined, so every enhance attribute should not cost the same amount.
Likewise most debuffs, buffs and healing skills now also feature enhance attributes.
Although the amount they improve for most is the default cap at 60% there are a few outliers still that have a 50% or 100% cap.

Altered Armour Mastery:
The prior attributes that each class had for place, leather and cloth have been removed.
Instead there are new base mechanics that aren’t tied to attributes that only work with 4 pieces of said armor type.
These effects are now mostly tiered based on the raririty of your armor, and only your lowest rarity counts.

Cloth: Reduces magic dmg by 5 - 15%.
Leather: Increases crit rate by 4 - 20% (should be multiplicative) and adds a flat +10% crit chance cap.
Plate: Reduces physical dmg by 5 - 15%.

There was mention of eventual class unique armor attributes, but we haven’t gotten them yet or IMC abandoned that goal already. Who knows …

Formula changes:
We know from the dev blogs that the crit, evasion and block formula’s changed.
They gave this “representative” chart to illustrate at what point both stats reach an equal 50%, but it may not be a 100% correct. (aka accuracy vs evasion, block pen vs block, crit rate vs crit res)
existinggreyvsrednewaccuracyvseva

There also may be other formula changes, but I haven’t seen of any confirmation yet.
Source: http://tos.nexon.com/lab/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=88

Dash changes:
Basically all classes now have access to the dash, but there are specific differences per class.

Swordsman can dash while mounted and it doesn’t end when they are hit.
Wizards have a regular dash that’s 4 movement speed slower.
Archers can only dash out of combat, but are 3 movement speed faster.
Clerics get the old swordsman dash and Lycanthropy gets a 50% stamina cost reduction.
Scouts get the Dash +3 movespeed but with double stamina cost.

Source: http://tos.nexon.com/lab/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=89

Gem changes:
See this google doc for a english overvieuw.
Sources ofc: http://tos.nexon.com/ts/notice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=233 & https://tos.guru/ktest/database/gems.

Damage changes:
A lot of skill factors got lowered, enemy health and damage was also lowered in return though.
I don’t even know the exact values at this point, and it doesn’t really matter either.
Just keep in mind that we will be doing a lot less dmg, but also won’t need to deal as much dmg either.

There are plenty of other changes, see the ktos thread for far more information.
But I’d say these are the important bits to help us understand Re:Build just a bit better.

What this and other changes mean for clerics as a whole:

So before we can go even further we need to discuss what this means to cleric.
And its obviously just me stating several obvious predictions:

The altered state of being a “healer”:
With the removal of most invuln effects and mostly sub-par alternative preventative measures left to use the focus now primarily lies on simply healing enough to keep allies alive.

Which fortunately is easier to how much less dmg enemies deal, often a single rank of priest is already overkill for such a purpose.

Unfortunately however almost all healing skills now scale of the heal stat, which is primarily if not solely derived from Spr.
Which due to the stat factors is now going to be a bit harder to get for a good chunk of builds.

All round builds still exist, but they essentially need to meet two criteria’s:

• You need a solid amount off Spr to have enough of a heal stat, though that can be remedied with Spr on gear to a degree.
  • You will need an additional heal to get the job done, as the regular heal is now just single target, which translates into requiring either druid, paladin, pardoner, priest or kabbalist. (Restoration scrolls may also get the job done, but are a likely expensive alternative.)

TL/DR:
There will be fewer healing + dps type clerics in the re:build patch that stand up to scrutiny.

The futility of remaining utility:
Which such sweeping changes you might expect support to be even more important than ever, and to a large degree it quite is.
But clerics don’t get to benefit much from that concept as it is right now.

In terms of healing, you don’t really need more than priest. Anything beyond that is wasted.
In terms of dmg boosting (de)buffs Oracle is king by huge margins atm, due to it getting a +88% dmg Death Sentence that now works on bosses, Divine Might and a 50% uptime +30% dmg buff via a prophecy attribute.
In terms of regular utility not much can beat dievdirby’s cd and sp reductions.

But that’s what stands out. The rest is quite underwhelming:

• Paladin has a +30% dmg debuff on conversion and +30% holy property sanctuary for 10s on a 40s cd.
  • Krivis has a +50% dmg debuff in Divine Stigma on a 50% upkeep.
  • Miko still has sweeping, clap and a +50% dmg boost for magic circles only? ugh.
  • Kabba still has gevurah and the buggy merkabah.
  • Pardoner’s Discerning evil is very good atm, but only affects 1 enemy unless you combine it with kabba/exo/miko…
  • Plague doctor has haste and condi prevention/removal.
  • Sterea Trofh and Zalcai boost crit dmg, but it likely still only affects crit atk for god knows what reason.

Some of these are decent picks like paladin/krivis/druid/pd.
But they are decent picks because they also offer a decent amount of dmg. (though krivis is debatable with it its 3-5 target caps…)

But as it is right, there’s one undisputed king of support:
Priest/Oracle/Diev and I can’t see anything else compete even remotely in that terms of that utility provided.

Out with the old crap, but the new stuff is still kinda meh:
Some of you might remember that I ranted somewhat about how clerics got shafted by poor weapon selection and gem effects.

Well, finally those worries are resolved.
All clerics can now use two handed maces, and gems finally work the same on shields as they do on offhands.

But of course the new gem stats are not as desirable as they used to be, as we now have to chose between patk or matk (and clerics tend to benefit of both). But it’s a far smaller loss than before.
And for most magic based clerics stuff like a rod or even asio mace are quite good atm, but it that may not persist into later updates.

I still need to test how def reductions work in Re:Build, so I’ll leave that part open for now.

Minnion masters missing in action, and other Spr related drivel:
Not a very length topic, but bokor was stolen by the wizards and turn undead conversion got outright removed.
Owls are now our only confirmed minion type but they do have a new 50 hp max and may be to squishy for a miko+diev build. (but are potent enough for any spr/int build now.)

And who knows what the new carnivory falls under, some were saying they weren’t even minions. Time will tell.

Since Spr no longer gives sp, Zealot’s blind faith no longer has any spr synergy either.
But on the flip side our haste from Plague Doctor does scale with spr, though it’s hardly build defining.

So Spr only clerics are now limited to Dievdirby and Priest. Jay.
(You also need to pay attention to spr factors when building one.)

Stats are still largely irrelevant:
You probably should have guessed it already, but str and int are still largely irrelevant.
They can add a nice bit of dmg, but it pales in comparison to what weapons can provide.

Dex still has a bit of niche due to its atk speed benefits, which AA focus builds like chaplain can benefit from.
Spr is mostly for its heal stat, which is important for anyone attempting to heal. But its buff/minion aspects are important for priest/dievdirby as well.

Con is still useful for PvP, but for PvE its mostly overkill especially with how much you already get at base.

Card Info:

Temporarily deleted, will try to rebuild it again once the patch hits.
And probably important to note that Glass Mole & Chapparition cards now give phys/magic dmg buffs instead of attack boosts.

F.A.Q.:

Q: Is Dex still good for cleric builds?
A: For Chaplain yes, to a degree monk and sadhu can also benefit but their auto attack values are very low.

Q: What’s up with the thread name?
A: The original title was meant to indicate that it was a guide for cleric despite lacking the later ranks. But Since I wanted more space to properly process the information of the latest update I decided to make a new thread.
Credit for the name goes to @Kertes by the way.

I should expand this section tbh, oh well.

I find miko kinda lackluster
Question about Monk - Inquisitor
The Complete Guide - Stats
Is that 150 Critical rate from Swift steps worth now?
Novice player needs help
Cleric DPS builds
Best Plague Doctor Variant
PVP still lame?
[Class] Bokor Thread
Cleric builds ideas
Open Topic for Character Role Players
What goes best with druid3?
Need help deciding what class to pick
Opinions on this build please? =)
Help me with shadow/warlock
Advanced Cleric Players Please Help Me
[Class] Inquisitor's Thread
Support a'la Classic-Paladin
KRtos (class, content) vids & discussion : first post = retiari & onmyouji vids (CLOSED TOPIC BY REQUEST)
Looking for zealot autoattack builds
Looking for help with a kannushi support and dps bulid
Allowing OTHER Cleric Classes to wield two handed weapons
Need Some help with early damage builds
Please help me build a "usable" scroll-crafting Cleric :-)

Let’s dive into the builds right away, I’ll post my skill point and class breakdown in the post below to explain most of these choices in more detail.

List of recommended Builds:

Keep in mind that these are merely my recommendations, as such, they have three caveats:

• These are the builds I would recommend due to having a good mix of dmg, healing, and utility. Plenty of other builds are viable enough but are not listed because they perform worse IMO.
  • The skill point distributions are merely examples, depending on your playstyle and goals you may even want entirely different distributions so don’t follow them to the letter.
  • I likely don’t know all changes (as not all are documented), odd behaviors (bugs and how some skills do not interact for reasons unknown) or hidden combinations so do not assume this a complete list.
  • PvP just isn’t an area I enjoy and one I’m not familiar enough with atm, if you try to aim for PvX or PvP please look up additional advice just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, I’ve tried to divide the categories by their main focus (physical, magical, spirit, auto attacking or full support) and classes afterward in an effort to hopefully make it easier to process.

Anyhow, let’s get on with the categories:

List of recommended physical damage builds:

These are the builds that focus primarily on physical damage, so it only includes monk, druid and zealot primarily.
Sadly I won’t be listing paladin builds atm since they’ve fallen off quite a bit (lost most healing, became less useful due to anti circle skills and lycan changes ruined another niche build.)
I’ll just force it in one section since it’s a lot less varied then it used to be.

So without further ado:

These are all pretty straightforward builds that rely on zealot to deal damage, krivis to extend those buffs and whatever else they can pick up.

Sadly I won’t be recommending any other builds as they perform quite a bit worse atm, or the PvP exclusive builds which I don’t have information on atm. (Inquisitor and druid likely have a few PvP only builds at least.)

List of recommended magic builds:

Technically there are a lot more viable magic builds this time around, however I’ve decided to only list those that are at least somewhat competitive in comparison to the current exorcist meta.

Krivis did get better yet again with the addition of the new lightning necklace and aukuras being able to heal quite well.
And with druid being a potent combination for such a build it can perform quite admirably atm, but in doing so has to pass up on exorcist which does limit it’s dps quite a bit.

Recommended Krivitao builds:

Sadly the non-druid variants really don’t hold up well damage wise, so I won’t be recommending them.

Bokor bombers still exist and rely on Damballa’s insanely strong explosions to clear most PvE content.
But a fair word of warning: Don’t expect these builds to perform well in PvP and ,to a lesser degree, raids as you need a steady supply of zombies for it to work well.

Recommended Bokorbombers:

Exorcist is the new addition and it has absolutely insane damage of the holy element to boot.
There is a small catch however in that it is very time intensive, you’ll want to spend 6s every 15s only channeling Rubric for its insane damage.
Which doesn’t leave a lot of time for time-intensive damage methods, but it does allow such builds to grab a ton of utility instead. (aka try to avoid Chaplain, Bokor, and Sadhu as you get limited use out of them)

I won’t list every possible build here because the ranks 3-5 can have a ton of different options, so I’ll list both options separately with a few build examples:

In terms of rank 3-5 these options stand out:

• Cleric3, for its healbomb potential.
  • Paladin1 for the added matk that 2handed weapons can provide + turn undead.
  • Dievdirby1 for the ever so useful Laima and Zemyna.
  • Priest1 for its resurrect and Monstrance (de)buff.
  • Priest2 for Revive if you feel so inclined.
  • Miko for a slight bit of damage, buff removal and Kagura to boost allies every now and then.

And keep in mind that anything exo2 is plenty viable for most content, but most just don’t compete with this variation.
Yes that includes the krivis3/sadhu3 variant, don’t bother asking.

Kabbalist has one questionable build as well, and while its damage is not that is amazing it does pack a lot of utility and healing despite its int focus.

As usual with any low dmg build ensure you have a strong enough weapon first so you can make the most use out of such a build.

List of recommended Spirit builds:

Spirit builds are in a bit of a contradictory state at the moment, despite having more spr scaling than ever before there aren’t many ways to take full advantage of that scaling.
One of the reasons is due to the new healing stat, which spr is the primary source for. But the existing heal options don’t compete very well.
Minion builds, however, did gain a ton of options through indirect buffs, so there’s some good news at least.

Healing builds are the new kid on the block and focus on skills that actually use that stat and whatever synergizes well with it.

Before we continue to the builds I’ll go into detaiil a bit more on the pivetal skills for such a build:

Healing skills that ignore the new heal stat:

• Tree of Sephiroth (kabba3): Places a circle that restores 5-6% health each tick for 24 times in a 10s period while also reducing incoming dmg by 50%. (may ignore ein sof’s healing boost, forgot to test…) with a 45s cd.
    Doesn’t scale with healing stat, but does take con into account and has an +30% enhance attribute. May ignore ein sof, forgot to verify.
  • Chortasmata(Druid1-3): Heals allies each second for 600-1020 health every second, 10-30s duration with a 20s cd. Immune to anti circle skills and reversi to boot.
    Quite good with minimal investment, but also can’t be scaled well like other options.
  • Resurrection(Priest1): Revives a dead player with 5-25% health.
  • Revive(Priest2): Restores 5-50% health when an partymember would die under this buff’s effect.

Scaling healing:

• Heal (cleric1-3): 228% heal factor per tile, has an enhance attribute for up to 365% skill factor.
  • Mass Heal (priest2-3) 406-838% heal factor based on skill level and has the usual enhance attribute for a potential maximum of 1341%.
  • Aukuras (Krivis1-3): 30-86% heal factor per second over a 30s period,

Healing utility:

• Heal: Linger (cleric3): adds 50% of the health recoved by mass heal or a heal tile as a 10s buff. Doesn’t stack.
  • Ein Sof (Kabba1-3): Massive max health boost, doubled healing and sp recovery if needed to boot.
  • Patron Saint (cleric3): Gives a 30% bonus to healing at skill level 6.

Essentially kabbalisit3 isn’t even up for debate, it’s far too good to pass up on.
The rest is in theory far more flexible, but if you want the ability to res you’ll need priest1. Which ends up ruining most other options aside of priest3 anyway…
Which means that despite having a ton of options and useful skills, you’d end up ignoring most build possibilities anyway which is quite a bummer.

Zombie Bokor builds are even stronger then they used to be due to the many boosts to healing and the older hexing buff.
Unfortunately there still aren’t many good ways to buffs zombies further, so you’re still best off getting a secondary damage source instead.
And keep in mind that these builds are PvE only, require time to set up, and is not ideal vs bosses so don’t try to build it around areas it doesn’t excell at.

Recommended Builds:

Paladin1 can be changed if you so desire without losing to much in the process, but the choices are a bit lackluster in that rank anyway.

Dievdirby is still quite decent as a minion class, and owls still fill the raid capable minion niche to boot.
Just like Zombies owls ignore almost every damage buff in-game so the best odds of improving such a build is grabbing Miko for clap and then just pick other spr classes.
And Dievdirby is actually quite good in PvP but is still a mostly immobile and slow build up type of build so the playstyle may not be to everyone’s liking.

Diev3+Miko is however required if you want to deal a decent amount of damage, as such I’d recommend:

The little list of recommended auto attack builds:

These type of builds tend be viable with a wide variety of stats so they deserve their own section imo.

Given how the wheel x daino was reverted the old kriv3/chaplain combo is by far the best option again and the only one I’d currently recommend.
And I’m just going to keep the old tosbase link as the skill distribution didn’t even change:

List of recommended full Support builds:

These I’ve decided to remove, and in due time I will remove this notice as well.
Healing builds have replaced these almost entirely, while the unique defenses are now better incorporated by existing full damage builds like the new druid2/exo2.

Maybe they’ll return someday.

Crafting and/or Merchant builds:

These builds can help you earn a small amount of money or help craft scrolls for your own characters. They’re rather simplistic tbh and don’t need to be divided per class.

That’s all I can think off for now.

[Class] Druid Class Thread
Cleric DPS builds
Builds for a noob?
Cleric/Pala3/Kaba/Inq or Cleric3/Pala3/Oracle/Inq
Spirit Inquisitor help?
How is kabbalist3?
Plague Doctor build viability
Play that Doctor
Help me with my Zealot pls
Stale Chaplain AA build with sprinkles
PvE Inquisitor build?

And while those previous build examples may be quite helpful, it’s much better to have an actual understanding of how these classes work and how to build around them.

And the usual disclaimer of course; I do make mistakes, so try to be critical and don’t blindly follow everything I say.

Rest in peace tos.neet, so we’ll have to make do with tos.guru instead.

Subclass run down & Skill point guide:

And as much as I want to go into depth into how each skill functions, I’ll instead opt to keep this section as brief and clear as possible.

Anyway let’s get started:

Cleric:
“Clerics heal and protect allies through the blessings of the goddess, while knocking down their enemies with powerful blows.”

Summary and rank advice:
Cleric is now simple a mandatory block you can’t improve upon, though it’s lost a lot of healing and magic dmg it now has a decent physical dmg skill from smite.

Skill point guide:
[ 0/5 ] Heal: Gains a good chunk of heal factor per skill level, no reason not to max it.
[ 1 ] Cure: Lousy dmg, but removes r1 debuffs at least.
[ 1-5 ] Fade: Decent duration gain of +2s per skill level, but it ends when you deal dmg so any build with ongoing dmg effects will often see it end prematurely and should leave it at 1.
[ 0/5 ] Patron Saint: +25% heal stat is only useful if you actually have enough Spr and decent healing skills.
[ 1-5 ] Smite: Damage is alright ish, more of a filler option at least.

Priest:
“Priests are clerics who give blessings and resurrect the dead with their holy powers.”

Pro’s and Cons:
+Offensive buffs: Blessing & Sacrament.
+Healing: Mass Heal, Revive and Resurrection.
+Damage Prevention: Revive prevents dmg when someone would die for 1-10 seconds.
+Resurrect: The ability to return players back to live.
+1hit ko potential from Turn Undead.
+Evasion Reduction: Monstrance can lower evasion by 50%.
-Pardoners can sell blessing and sacrament that use their stats, giving priests heavy competition.

Summary and rank advice:
Priest is now solely for healing or for its pardoner spell shop synergy.

Synergy of note:

• Pardoner’s Spell Shop can sell select priest buffs (Aspersion/Blessing/Sacrament)

Skill point guide:
[ 0/15 ] Aspersion: Starts off really low, best to max it if you want to use it.
[ 0/15 ] Monstrance: Potentially good for PvP to reduce evasion, likely off no use for PvE though.
[ 15 ] Blessing: Max it if you got a decent amount of spr, which you should as a priest. If not, get spr first than max it.
[ 1-5 ] Resurrection: Skill level affects HP recovery only now, still worth it to some degree to max ofc.
[ 0/10 ] Sacrament: Max if going for a spell shop build, ignore otherwise tbh.
[ 5 ] Revive: Really cheap point wise atm, so max it.
[ 5 ] Mass Heal: Max it, it gains a lot of healing factor with skill level.
[ 1+ ] Turn Undead: Lousy dmg but can stun and 1hitko demons/mutants. Filler.

Krivis:
“Krivis are priests who use divine fire to help allies recover or to deal massive damage to enemies."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Damage: Divine Stigma and Zaibas.
+Stat boost: Divine stigma gives your team an Int & Str buff if an enemy is killed under its debuff. Aukurass boosts fire dmg for all magic hits if it wasn’t bugged out.
+Accuracy booster: Daino adds up to 50% accuracy.
+Crit rate booster: Zalciai with its debuff that removes 15% crit res and adds 5% crit rate.
+Damage boost: Divine Stigma increases dmg on enemies by 50%, for 15s with a 30s cd.
+Buff extension: Melstis now adds +100% of a current buff to its timer, up to a max of 20s. Cd of 90s and only works for you.
-Zaibas has decent dmg now with its necklace but it only hits 3 enemies and DS only hits 5.
-Zalciai’s crit dmg buff likely only affects crit atk and is thus quite lousy.

Summary and rank advice:
Krivis mostly got worse tbh.
The str/int and accuracy buffs are largely pointless, the 90s cd on melstis and solo use only also really limit it.
It has decent dmg, and a ok ish dmg debuff, but it’s 3-5 enemy caps are really limiting.

Synergy of note:

• Zealot’s Fanatic Illusion offers a lot of dmg on a short duration, Melstis nicely extends that duration.

Skill point guide:
[ 0 ] Aukuras: Bugged atm, no point using it.
[ ? ] Zalciai: Need to test its crit benefits, but its likely replaceable by crit rate gear.
[ 0/10 ] Daino: Only useful for PvP and even then its debatable.
[ 15 ] Zaibas: It’s basically your primary reason for taking krivis atm, so max it.
[ 10 ] Divine Stigma: Scales dmg and debuff value, must max.
[ 0/5 ] Melstis: Max it if your build can use it, ignore otherwise.

Best to reserve 15 points till aukuras gets fixed or till zalciai turns out to be good now.

Dievdirbys
“Dievdirbys can carve and place sacred statues. Their statues can protect allies or attack enemies."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Minion Damage: Carve Owl.
+Physical Damage: Carve Attack.
+Crowd Control: Carve World Tree (AoE Silence) and Statue of Goddess Laima.
+Cool down reduction: -20% for all skills used within range of Statue of Goddess Laima or with active ausrine buff.
+Group Teleport: Carve Vakarine.
+Sp reduction and SP regeneration: Statue of Goddess Zemyna.
+20% bonus damage vs plants with blunt weapons while dealing physical dmg.
+Carve Vakarine gives you nearly free teleports, but it does still cost wood to cast.
-Silence is now a pretty crappy debuff as most mobs resist it.

Summary and rank advice:
Dievdirby is still an excellent utility class, but owls now have a 15s cd and are well worth using without Miko.
That being said, the Miko+Diev synergy may not work well due to the new 50 hp max.

Synergy of note:

• Druids can turn all nonflying enemies into grass type for +20% unelemental physical damage.
  • Miko’s clap extends statue durations by up to 75.

Skill point guide:
[ 1 ] Statue of Goddess Vakarine: It’s only a 1 pointer now, so get it.
[ 15 ] Statue of Goddess Zemyna: Its duration is lower than its cd atm, so try to max it. Bit lower priority than others though.
[ 10 ] Statue of Goddess Laima: Should be maxed for its -20% cd.
[ 0+ ] Carve Attack: ok ish single target dmg, but the gather wood part is actually useful atm due to the wood rework.
[ 15 ] Carve owl: Your main dmg skill on this build.
[ ? ] World Tree: One of the rare functioning dmg prevention methods, but it isn’t very good tbh.
[ 1+ ] Statue of Goddess Ausrine: Skill level only adds 1m duration to mobile laima/zemyna buffs. Nice to have ofc, but optional.

Sadhu:
“A Sadhu can use their soul to assault enemies with unseen attacks or convey their powers to other players."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magical damage: Out of body, Prarkiti, Vashita Siddhi, Astral Body Explosion & Possession.
+Crowd Control: Possession binds up to 16 enemies, Vashita Siddhi can stun and ABE knocks back.
+Added Property Attack: You gain soul property atk based on your matk via Transmit Prana.
+Utility: Prakriti acts as a self heal and movement skill.
+OoB should now be affected by select buffs (Blessing, Sacrament, Last Rites, Visible Talent, Aspergillum and entity.)
-Transmit prana only has 50% uptime atm.

Summary and rank advice:
Sadhu took quite a hit as TP got nerfed quite a bit, and it just doesn’t quite have the dmg other classes get either.
It’s cc is nice, but that’s about all it has going for it atm.

Skill point guide:
[ 1 ] Out of Body: Needed for the other skills mostly, auto is still low dmg. Only scales evasion atm?
[ 1? ] Prakriti: Need to test how decent its dmg potential is first, the aoe’s seem far to small and most didn’t even notice it’s now a dmg skill.
[ 1+ ] Astral Body Explosion: To low dmg to worry about maxing.
[ 10 ] Possession: Your best dmg skill from sadhu by far with the best cc, always max it.
[ 1+ ] Vasihti Siddhi: Same as ABE, not enough dmg to be of note.
[ 5 ] Transmit Prana: It got nerfed quite badly, but you still need it to deal decent dmg.

Paladin:
“Paladins use their holy power to protect allies and vanquish enemies through the blessings of the goddess."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Physical damage: Conviction, and Demolition.
+Crowd Control: Barrier, prevents enemies from walking into said circle.
+Damage Reduction: Barrier and Sanctuary increase defenses whereas Resist Elements and stone skin reduces (elemental) damage taken.
+Aura Healing over time: Restoration.
+Damage Boost: Sanctuary adds 30% of your def as added dmg to allies while channeling. Conviction increases dmg by 30% as well.
-Barrier can be turned, destroyed or stolen. Which is now common in PvE as well.
-Resist elements now only lasts 45s with a 90s cd.
-Constantly in need of more holy water to fuel your skills.

Summary:
Paladin is one the better classes since re:build, as it now has some of the best dmg prevention skills, a very strong heal and decent dmg.

Skill point guide:
[ 1+ ] Restoration: Scaling is not that great, but it’s healing so why not?
[ 0 / 15 ] Resist Elements: It’s still a really good buff with awful uptime.
[ 5 ] Barrier: You’ll want to max it for duration, but may face competition from simony pardoners.
[ 15 ] Conviction: Max it for the debuff and innate dmg.
[ 10 ] Sanctuary: With the new innate weapon swaps there’s no reason not to get sanctuary.
[ 1+ ] Demolition: Has rather poor dmg atm, low priority at best.
[ 0+ ] Stone skin: Only reduces up to 6% of dmg, could see it as a alternative to resist elements I suppo

Monk:
“Monks are clerics who train in martial arts through the blessing of the goddess."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Physical damage: Double Punch, Palm Strike, Hand Knife, One Inch Punch, Energy Blast and God Finger Flick.
+God Finger Flick and Energy Blast offer ranged dmg.
+Damage boosts: God Finger flick inflicts a ?% dmg buff and Golden Bell Shield has 10s of +50% monk dmg after its reset.
+Silence: One Inch Punch.
+Double Punch is now an auto attack replacer.
-Double punch does not work alongside Lycanthropy.
-far to low dmg.
-has nothing else to offer either.

Summary and rank advice:
Monk is still the one trick pony of just dps, but sadly its skill factors are so low that it doesn’t quite fit that category either.
Needs a buff, or 5, desperately.

Skill point guide:
[0 ] Iron Skin: 15 points for a 7.5% dmg reduction with no enhance? hell no.
[ 1+ ] Double Punch: Only level it if you want more atk speed, as hitting the 0.05s cap is incredibly easy atm.
[ 15 ] Palm Strike: Your best chance for dmg atm, so take it.
[ 1 ] Hand Knife: Basically the follow up to palm strike with similar dmg.
[ 0/10 ] Energy Blast: Some builds may be better off auto attacking, others with dmg boosts should use this instead.
[ 1 ] One Inch Punch: Can be nice to lvl for PvP if you want to remove SP.
[ 1? ] God Finger Flick: Need to see if duration scales with skill level, if that’s the case maxing it may be worth it.
[ 5 ] Golden Bell Shield: Max it for the dmg boost I guess.

Pardoner:
“Pardoners are clerics who don’t shy from increasing their wealth through the goddess’ blessing."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Can provide scrolls and buffs to sell or for personal use.
+Indulgentia is now a decent AoE heal buff.
~ Has ok ish physical dmg atm, but is rather expensive due to the silver cost.
-Discerning Evil is good atm, but only affects a single enemy.

Summary and rank advice:
Pardoner is actually quite a bit better then it used to be, though it did lose its 1hitko potential.
But with decent dmg and good healing it’s quite close to being a solid all round option. But it just doesn’t offer enough yet to do so.

Synergy of note:
~ Only Aspersion, Blessing, Sacrament and Increase Magic Defenses can be sold via Spell Shop.
~ You can only craft Cure, Monstrance, Aukuras, Daino, Zalciai, Restoration, Turn Undead, Barrier, Forecast and Clairvoyance scrolls for now. Needs confirmation again.
~ Discern Evil can be spread via holy circles, which does make it useful for annoying to build for.

Skill point guide:
[ 1 ] Simony: It’s all you can put into it anyway.
[ 15 ] Indulgentia: It’s a good that scale heal factor and duration, so max it.
[ 0/15 ] Discerning Evil: It’s quite good, but its single target limit makes it far to niche unless you grab kabba/exo/miko alongside it.
[ ? ] Oblation: Allows you to act as a pseudo merchant, I don’t see the point at all tbh.
[ 0/5 ] Spell Shop: Max if you want to sell buffs, ignore otherwise.
[ 10 ] Increase Magic Defense: Why not? it’s cheap enough.
[ 10 ] Decatose: Max it for the dmg.

Army Chaplain:

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Holy Damage: Aspergillum.
+Holy Damage buff: Last Rites.
+Atk speed buff: Binatio.
+Holy damage boost: Build Capella.
+Auto atk aggregation skill: Visible talent.
+KD immunity buff.
-Deals a lot of damage through auto attacks, which can be very easy to avoid in PVP.
-Always to short on skill points sadly.

Summary:
No longer requires priest to function and works quite well.
Though it is a bit of a one trick pony that relies solely on auto attacking.

Skill point guide:
[ 0/15 ] Last Rites: Should perform better than sacrament due to higher skill level, but it’s benefit is to small in my opinion to be worthy of 15 points.
[ 10 ] Build Capella: Adds +100% holy dmg which works on aspergillum, so always max it.
[ 15 ] Aspergillum: Now scales on its own rather decently, max it.
[ 15 ] Binatio: Adds a chunk of atk speed, should also max it.
[ 0/10 ] Paracelsus time: Makes you immune to kd, neat to have but you’re low on skill points. Considering gazing golem cards instead.
[ 5 ] Visible Talent: Lowers cd of the skill, so always max it.

Druid:
“Druids are clerics who use the power of nature. They control plants to help allies, or transform into monsters to use that monster’s abilities."

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Damage: Carnivory, Chortasmata, Thorn and Seedbomb.
+Hybrid Damage: Lycanthropy deals physical damage but scales off both patk and matk and can crit.
+Healing: Chortasmata now heals allies inside it every second, it’s quite good.
+Crit atk boost: Sterea Trofh.
+Stat boosts: Lycanthropy and transformations all provide passive buffs.
+Skill level boost: Henge Stone adds +1 skill level to all objects, circles and tiles used while in its range.
+Chortasmata and it’s related effects can no longer be removed.
~Chortasmata turns enemies into plant types, which may vastly increase crit res…
-Struggles vs flying enemies as chorta does not hit them.
-There’s no point in using transform/shapeshift atm.

Summary and rank advice:
Oddly enough lycan got a minor buff, but almost everything else got nerfed on druid.
It’s still quite a decent class, but it has several wildcards in terms of race stat changes, carnivory flower things and its crit atk buff that need to be proper tested first.

Skill point guide:
[ ? ] Carnivory: Don’t know yet.
[ ? ] Sterea Trofh: Depends on whether its still a crit atk only boost or not. If it is then ditch it.
[ 0 ] Transform & Shapeshift: Nerfed into oblivion, I’m not amused. This how you alienate a fanbase IMC, fyi.
[ 15 ] Chortasmata: Healing and dmg, yes max it.
[ 5 ] Lycanthropy: You want it maxed for its respective dmg boost.
[ 1 ] Hengestone: It’s now only a 1 pointer anyway.
[ 1/15 ] Seed Bomb: Pretty darn good scaling, but needs 5 allies at all times for best result. Carni helps with that, but you may want something more reliable.
[ 1+ ] Thorn: Dmg is just not that good, but it’s a good filler.

Oracle:
“Oracles are clerics who possess foresight. They can predict or interfere with an enemy’s attacks and determine their fate."

Pro’s and Cons:
+%HP based Damage: Twist of Fate.
+Damage boosts: Death Sentence, Divine Might & Prophecy attribute.
+Condition + CC Removal & Prevention r1: Prophecy.
+SP recovery: Arcane Energy.
+Damage prevention: Foretell.
+Loot adjusting: can see and alter loot drops with Clairvoyance and Resetting.
+Sex Change: You can change people’s gender for profit…
-Twist of Fate can heal enemies if not timed well.
-The loot skills aren’t very useful as killing mobs tends to be quicker. Resetting is ok, but its 2min cd is not ok.

Summary and rank advice:
One of the outright best support ranks for all of cleric right, it has consistent and large dmg (de)buffs, divine might, an invuln and cc/condi prevention to boot.

Skill point guide:
[ 1 ] Prophecy: A 1 pointer you do not want to miss.
[ 0/1 ] Sex Shop, Clairvoyance and Resetting are all optional, but cheap as hell.
[ 1+ ] Arcane Energy: A decent sp recovery tool, but it only lasts 1s per skill lvl.
[ 1+ ] Counterspell: Its still a decent magic dmg reduction skill even if it has 50% uptime.
[ 10 ] Death Sentence: Best dmg debuff around atm.
[ 5 ] Foretell: An invuln, one of the last ones of its kind. max it.
[ 0/5 ] Twist of Fate: Skill level affects its damage considerably, so if you want to use it then max it.
[ 10 ] Divine Might: At lvl 10 you get access to 5 extra uses from its attribute, so aim for that at least.

Part 2 of the class breakdown:

Miko (Hidden Class):
Requires the miko quest line to be completed.

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Holy Damage: Hamaya & Gohei.
+Damage Prevention: Gohei blocks missiles when used. (may be removed?)
+Debuff removal: Gohei removes 1 rank 1 debuff from nearby allies per use.
+Buff removal: Gohei removes 1 Rank 1 buff from nearby enemies per use.
+Skill level boost: Sweeping places circles that add +1 skill level to other circle or tile skills.
+Crit rate buff: Omikuji, but it’s effect is rng based.
~Object duration extension: Clap, only really works for diev statues tbh.
+Magic circle damage boosts: Kagura.
-Sweeping can be a bit clumsy to use, and it doesn’t always show what it is or is not affecting.

Summary and rank advice:
Miko is still quite lackluster, especially now that other dmg boosts are replacing it with far less hassle.
It has decent holy dmg, but their cd and small area are not in miko’s favor either.
Even its pigeon holed combo with diev may be in jeopardy due to the new 50 hp cap on owls.

Skill point guide:
[ 1+ ] Gohei: Skill level still only affects dmg, which it isn’t very good at anyway.
[ ? ] Sweeping: Need to test what skills it does work on atm as we don’t have many circles left.
[ 15 ] Hamaya: Level scales skill factor. Might as well max it since its your best dmg skill here.
[ 0 / 5 ] Clap: Excellent scaling, but it only works for diev statues that I know off.
[ 5 ] Kagura Dance: Each skill level adds 10% magic circle dmg, and you’ll want to use it for hamaya at the very least.
[ irrelevant] Omikuji: It had a neat idea, but it’s 10s duration 45s cd leaves far to much desired for such low values.

Plague Doctor:
Plague Doctors are priests who can heal the status ailments of allies, or incinerate an enemy with a status ailment. Their special Bird Beak Mask has a special drug to block status ailments.

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Damage: Incinerate & Black Death Stream.
+Healing: Healing Factor.
+Condition removal and prevention up to rank 3 : Methadone, Fumigate, Beak Mask.
+Condition spreading: Pandemic.
+Utility: Methadone gives kd, stun and interrupt immunities for the party alongside the cc prevention.
+Utility: Modafinil increases movement speed. (it’s haste.)
+Incinerate gets a +1 second per debuff/condition scaling which is very little.
-Incinerate requires a debuff for it to work.
-Most debuffs cannot be spread by contagion or pandemic.

Summary and rank advice:
Not a lot has changed for plague doctor, it’s a support heavy dmg circle with decent single target healing.

Skill point guide:
[ 1+ ] Healing Factor: Can easily be overkill, but it can be nice.
[ 15 ] Incineration: Your main pd dmg skill atm, so max it.
[ 1 ] Fumigate & Beak Mask: They’re both 1 point wonders, get them.
[ 3+ ] Pandemic: You just want a decent target count and that’s all.
[ 1+ ] Black Death Stream: Not the best dmg atm, but still decent.
[ 5 ] Methadone: Always max it for all those benefits.
[ 1/10 ] Modafinil: Based on how much movespeed you want.

Kabbalist:
Kabbalists are priests who practice an ancient magic known as Kabbalah. They can support allies by using infinite power, or attack by using a defense formation to disintegrate the enemy’s name.

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magic Damage: Revenged Sevenfold, Merkabah and Nachash
+Damage boosts: Merkabah: Divine Protection, Gevurah and the staff attribute.
+Damage Prevention: Revenged Sevenfold and Merkabah: Divine Protection attribute.
+Healing: Tree of Sepiroth.
+Health Buff: Ein Sof.
+Extra loot skill: Clone.

Summary and rank advice:
Kabba got nerfed quite hard in most of its skills.
But more importantly it’s now just overkill in terms of healing, while ein sof just isn’t very good anymore.
And Gevurah is wholly outpaced by Death Sentence to boot.

Skill point guide:
[ 1+ ] Revenged Sevenfold: good dmg atm, just need to time it properly vs a large hit.
[ ] Nachash: A decent enough aoe.
[ 0/10 ] Ein Sof: should probably grab it if you go kabba, but it’s rather meh atm.
[ 1 ] Merkabah: Avoid the bugs, use 1 wheel ftw!
[ 1 ] Gematria & Notarikon: Must haves if you plan to use Double Chance, Clone or Gevura!
[ 1+ ] Clone: Duration scaling is a bit better, but cd got much worse…
[ 5 ] Gevurah: Max it, it’s still a dmg boost. But works best with high hit skills.
[ 5 ] Tree of Sepiroth: Excellent healing, should max it.

Inquisitor:
The Inquisitor is a class that judges those that are defying the goddesses. It has strong offensive techniques and is specialized in combat against magic users.

Pro’s and Cons:
+Physical Damage: God smash, Pear of Anguish & Breaking Wheel.
+Magic Damage: Malleus Maleficarum.
+Damage debuff: Malleus Maleficarum adds damage based on an enemies magic attack.
+Debuff: Malleus maleficarum silences pve enemies and in pvp it inflicts -50% spr, -50% int, x2 sp costs.
+Crowd Control: Iron Maiden locks a single enemy into place.
+Utility: Breaking Wheel spreads melee attacks with its attribute and Judgement turns enemies into demon types.
+PvP Pressure: Pear of Anguish and Malleus Maleficarum can both put pressure on enemy magic users. (Threat of more dmg / Making them run out of sp faster)
-Not very defensive.

Summary:
Damage wise inquisitor is quite good atm, though I did vastly prefered it’s better cd it had in ktest…
Oh well.

Skill point guide:
[ 15 ] God Smash: Really strong, max it asap.
[ 1+ ] Pear of Anguish: Good single target dmg, esp for PvP.
[ 1+ ] Breaking Wheel: Can be nice to max on a PD for example, but usually low priority.
[ 15 ] Malleus Maleficarum: Scales the additional dmg, so max it if possible.
[ ? ] Judgement: Need to test if it changes stats for PvE, does it even work in PvP?
[ 0+ ] Iron Maiden: of some niche use in PvP.
[5] Breast Ripper: Max it, your best aoe dmg skill.

Zealot:
Suicidal clerics incorporated, recruiting more followers at your local TOS provider in the foreseeable future!

Pro’s and Cons:
+Physical Damage: Immolation, Fanatic Illusion and Empathic Trust.
+Holy Propery Damage: Blind Faith.
+Damage boost: Fanaticism, Blind Faith, Blind Faith: Sacred Shock, Immolation: attack power and Beady Eyes all add dmg in some form or another.
+Utility: Invulnerability provides a pain barrier and Beady Eyes is a teleport skill.
-Immolation drains health while in use, while Fanatic Illusion drains spr while in use
-Zealot2’s sp costs are quite high due to blind faith’s 50% sp cost and FI’s 60 sp per second drain.
-Fanatisicm’s dmg buff prevents all healing.
-Blind Faith isn’t very good atm.

Summary and rank advice:
Blind Faith got nerfed into the ground, but otherwise zealot is a very strong and suicidal physical damage class.

Skill point guide:
[ 1+ ] Invulnerability: Worst name ever, you’ll lack skill points and other effects are just outright better.
[ 1+ ] Beady Eyes: Now scales crit chance with skill level which is quite nice.
[ 1+ ] Immolation: Not the best dmg skill to use tbh, but far from useless.
[ 15 ] Fanatiscm: Always max it for that sweet dmg increase.
[ 10 ] Fanatic Illusion: Your best zealot dmg skill so max it asapo.
[ 1 ] Blind Faith: You’ll want the crit debuff attribute but that’s about it.
[ 1+ ] Emphatic trust: The worst dmg skill for zealot, but with the best element. Low priority.

Exorcist:
Become part of the hidden elite group of exorcists, who specialize in dealing with demons and other unwanted spirits by nuking everything in their path with holy fervor.

Pro’s and Cons:
+Magical holy damage: Rubric, Entity, Aqua Benedicta, Gregorate and Koinonia.
+Damage reduction and kd immunity: Enkrateia.
+Utility: Stealth reveal from Entity.
+R2 Debuff Removal: Gregorate.
-Koinonia needs 3 team members nearby to work.

Summary and rank advice:
Exorcist is still insanely strong, but it does spend less time casting now.
You may want to invest in some form of kd immunity as well, but that’s about it.

Skill point guide:
[ 15 ] Rubric: The easiest to use and one of the best cleric dmg skill atm, max it asap.
[ 1 ] Entity: Dmg is irrelevant as it only hits invisible enemies.
[ 1+ ] Aqua Benedicta: decent dmg, but not your first priority.
[ 1+ ] Engkrateia: Can be quite good actually, but is up to the user.
[ 1 ] Gregorate: Mostly for utility tbh.
[ 10 ] Koinonia: Probably the highest dmg cleric skill atm, but is difficult to use properly.
[ 1+ ] Katadikazo: Worse dmg than AB, but hits flying so I’d recommend this over AB. (also no item cost.)

I’m so glad you’re making a new guide thread. I just returned from quitting and this is a godsend since I relied on you and your advice when I was first starting out.

Cleric C3 = Overkill

Why you spreading that old ass misgiving --.
C2 Cleric, C3 Priest can heal for more -
C2 Cleric, Diev C1 Priest gets somewhat close due to CDR.
Not to mention Heal Factor PD’s.
Particularly given Heal bombing for damage has been buffed and damage has been made harder to mitigate.
Shame!
Shame!
Shame!
Other than that :sunglasses: Nice job

Nice guide with the basics for every cleric class, specially with all the changes.

My only doubt is why picking Priest for a Monk build when Cleric 3 > Diev or Cleric 2 Diev 2 seems more worthy in my opinion. Except for revive, all Priest skills can be bought.

Love the guide.:slight_smile: Yet another dude wanting to make a case for C3: at least for C3>P3>Chap>Inq, I find I’m benefiting quite nicely from the 15 Heal, 15 Cure (more hits = more Bless) and 10 DM. Also have a few points to get 3 DepZone, which can also nicely enhance your damage.

Happy to be proven wrong of course.:slight_smile:

I agree with @Teifu

I personally made a scroller that can do Arcane Energy scrolls, moonstrance scrolls and diano scrolls…

there is absolutely no reason to get those classes for 1 skill only type of thing.

(at least that is an option if anything)

Isn’t it?

I mean most builds can heal just fine with just cleric2 atm.
And granted priest3 or diev1 are also overkill in terms of healing, but at least they offer more on the side.

Damage wise heal bomb isn’t so bad I agree, but I can’t see a case outside of monk where it would be a competitive option.

• at low ranks it competes vs diev1’s -20% cd and -movement pseudo cc or priest1’s res.
  • at later ranks its damage doesn’t compare well to carnivory or hamaya either. (though avoiding the miko questline can save your sanity.)
  • Chaplains got plenty of healing already. I’d far rather grab a more support oriented circle.
  • And I already got it listed on monk because I do think it’s the one exception.

@Teifu
Mostly resurrect, and revive+mass heal from priest2 allows for a more aggressive playstyle.
The other skills don’t really compete due to scrolls. Though monstrance1 can be nice to have without needing vis.

For diev2 my major current gripe is that Laima5 is already very capable. Who cares about silence when most can’t move. Both carves deal crap dmg and even silence doesn’t work on elites.
(Though I kind of do expect it to get nerfed, and it bugged out occasionally.)

Diev2 is definitely a close contender though.

Cleric C3 fits in with
Monk, Sadhu and Paladin to a lesser extent than the prior two.
Basically you consider Cleric 3 if you’re taking a R4 or R5 class because it can comfortably slot into those picks. Cleric C3 as a general rule is “pick at rank 3 or forget about it”.
Sadhu can fit it in comfortably. It’s been the common C3 Sadhu pick prior to the Transmit update and it benefited as well given Heal and Cure don’t mind the extra damage. It’s slightly more mobile then the Diev build given its doesn’t rely on statues fields or their cast time. You already mentioned Monk. Paladin again is to a lesser extent. pardoner is interesting. Particularly because you left out Pardoner C3. If someone for whatever reason chooses to push into Pardoner C3, that also pushes them out of PD C2. With Pardoner C3 the things to look at are what will complete by R5. That’s Cleric C3, Priest C3 (as you mentioned) and Krivis C3, all of which have skills working with Pardoner’s gimmick. When you break down a class decision to only those first four ranks that’s when Cleric C3 is easily able to enter the discussion due to there being such a small amount of class choice that early on.

Hi @Wurmheart, are you still here ? long time no see, im returning now after a long time and im lost in gear department, i see now that HG exist and im testing builds right now but i am pretty sure that i will end with something like C2>P1>S3>PD2, so theres my question what gear i need to focus ? the ones from HG 320 are the best ? Plate is still the best for PD2 ? also dagger or shield offhand ?

im still using the old gear including arde dagger on my character lol

Welcome back, I’ve only gotten back a few weeks ago or so myself :smiley:

Gear wise:

• Offhands suck royally for int clerics atm. A high con shield is nice, but that means Lionhead or Emengard. Both are far too expensive for what it gives. Otherwise just grab a cheap but high property atk dagger. Aka an Arde dagger…
  • Armor set wise, you can’t really go wrong with the highest level&rarity plate or cloth set. Depends on whether you want sp or hp.
  • Weapon wise I’m not sure yet, there was some talk about using the lower rarity HG ones with high enchant values and that they could be on par with the dungeon weapons. But I haven’t verified it yet.

But HG gear all drop from cubes now, so you can’t farm specific items like you used to.
I’d recommend trying to focus on a high matk rod or hammer first, ideally the dungeon ones. (they look nicer :smiley: )

[ 0 or 15 ] Aspersion: The defense portion is worthless atm, only max it if you want to use aspergillum.

SPR Chaplains may want to invest 1 in Aspersion, to take advantage of the Damage attribute, as invested attribute points will not apply if the skill is left at 0.

1 Aspersion + 15 blessing is an adequate choice for SPR Chaplains.

Cheers. You do indeed need 1 aspersion for that at least.

Hi, this is my current setup for my:

Cleric C2 > Diev > Paladin C3 > PD > Inquisitor

I was wondering what should I drop in order to get other stuff? I’ve full STR at the moment.

Also should I drop Incineration entirely? or is it still good for a full STR build?

Other stuff? what do you mean?
I’d probably remove 2 from restoration and put 1 in turn undead and 1 in conversion. Being able to grab at least 1 mob can be quite nice.
Otherwise it seems fine to me.

You can drop incineration and cure if you wish to use a sword. If you want to use a hammer you’ll be able to scale their dmg just fine though.

Yeah I meant to use their skill points for other skills, at the moment I’m aiming to get a Vienarazis Mace so I guess I should keep them? also is Epidemic needed to spread Conviction/Malleus to get more dmg on my offensive skills?

Congratulations on such a clean and objective guide.

In a quick read the only thing I have to add is to mention the Chaplain-Pardoner build that abuses Pole of Agony + Reversi scrolls combo with Discerning Evil.

Hey @Wurmheart, glad to see you’re back and that you’ve actually made an up to date cleric guides once more. Good job, it’s very good work!

Regarding the hybrid build section, I’ve exprimented with a Cleric 2 - Diev 2 - Monk 2 - Miko - Inquisitor which works out pretty well as far as current group content goes. Since it has a bit more utility skills, I gave up entirely on DEX stat and focused on STR/INT (if I remember right 1:1, but making sure they stayed at 10 multiples). Red Gems on both Mace and shield, phadas for AoE atk ratio, magic atk+physical atk headgear.

Both Owls and hamayia can do decent (semi)stationary damage when comboed with Malleus (especially while blessing is up), while the main AoE Burst with wheel+Double Punch+OIP+God Smash doesn’t get that much weaker imo. Carve is also quite nice for bossing if you’d like to save up on some stamina from double punching too often.

Support-wise, this build definetely lacks the revive+ress+mass heal potential from priest variants, but offers the CD reduction + slow/halt + silence, which can be kept up pretty much forever with clap even at Diev 2. From tiem to time I also kagura dance after Malleus+Wheel at bosses when party composition is Melee packed (especially Fencers or Doppels).

Just leaving it here because I tried really hard (6+ resets) to find a truly hybrid damage/support physical/magic cleric and this one somehow seems to work out…