Tree of Savior Forum

I find miko kinda lackluster

Not many people know this, but Gohei also blocks physical attacks if you know how to time it. I used on Golem aoe attk, Poata’s scream, I also block mergen’s 1 hit KO skills in pvp… talking about pvp i need to test it on canoneers since they cast a little bit longer and you can hear a sound giving you time to react.

1 Like

Miko’s icon is green and it’s not meant to deal damage anyways. 3/5 of skills are to support and utility so what are you expecting?
Hamaya’s has been like that even before pre combat change aside from fixed duration
gohei is not for AA cleric. But lv 1 is still a good skill to spam between cd rotations.
clap still extend capella(?) or you can use if you have diev with you.
broom is okay for all purposes
kagura is less desirable if you don’t have swordie or heavy SPR build.

• I thought dev are planning to reduce wheel cost?

and finally your question, I still would suggest inquisitor as it offer more DPS than PD 2 now but ultimately up to your choice

If that better dps includes that 1000 silver a pop wheel use? if it does, I am not really intersted, however, if it doesn’t rely on that wheel I might take it, though I would still have a spare rank available in that case. I don’t really see a point to miko if I can find something else thats 1 rank and more useful. They really need to like double the duration of stuff like aspergillum and bless and all other short buffs, its super annoying having to constantly recast them. I mean if the monster spawn rate was alot better it’d not be so bad, but half the time by the time I find another pack of mobs I have to recast the buffs. Rinse and repeat after every pack. Which a pack of mobs is usually 1-3 unless I get lucky. Honestly my only issue with Miko is Hamaya being a pain in the ass to use. it needs that slight cc back it used to have. So they can’t just walk out of it. Its damage I found was alright, but just the fact its annoying to hit with and use properly bugs me.

Malleus Maleficarum on inq sounds nice assuming its a aoe in front of you/around you like magnus exorism. With a decent aoe radius.

Speaking fo aoe radius is there some mod out there that shows the aoe radius of a skill before you cast it? like on the mouse cursor for example?

I thought that was changed a while ago? The synergy no longer exists unless they put it back in?

I shifted from C2>Chap>Miko>Inq to C3>Chap>Inq mainly because Hamaya really suffered quite a blow (reduced damage, reduced AOE time). Holy damage has also decreased, which affects Kagura and Hamaya. Ever since, Miko’s skills have always been situational, and most of these I found no use when soloing stuff.

The only skill going for me then was really Hamaya (as Kagura is highly situational). Don’t get me wrong, Miko still packs a punch vis-a-vis other filler ranks, for me, I just didn’t find as much utility from it than a Cleric 3 (from which most skills I put points into can be used both for soloing and group play).

I haven’t play inquistor yet so CMIIW
malleus will spread if there are more mobs in front of you, the more it will be spread and divided.
Also, Mobs under malleus will have increased damage so it’s another plus
I guess I’ll just ask @DiMeowgio for more clarification if this still works

I also have to make note that also aspersion 0 now won’t work with aspergillium

anyways, if you are going to deal damage then I am pretty sure you can change miko to something else or maybe you can try read here for more ideas

Yeah 15 healbomb squares that also get effected by blessing is kinda a nice sounding area minefield. I may do that too, go c3 at r7 then inq at 8, it has most stuff that is overall more useful than what Miko offers.

1 Like

Eh it was changed? My last test for the Miko + Inq build was a day after the reset event has started, 17th May. Not sure if there are any changes for this combo after that.

@7min 44secs onwards for Kagura + Breaking Wheel

That’s an oracle skill forecast which does just that.

Yeah, but I mean without oracle.

Indeed. And with Heal 15, you can free up some points from Mass Heal and invest it elsewhere (I did, and got Aspersion 15 and became fully damage oriented). Or you can retain MH and Heal 15, but that could be overkill.:slight_smile:

It’s not a popular build though.

I’m confused now. =_= Please let me know if it still exists? I reset pretty much most my chars before maintenance. It would very much be appreciated.

(⇀‸↼)

As from my last test on 17th May, the combo still exist. Don’t really think there are any hotfixes over the past 2 weeks. Will need to find out from other Miko Inqs after maintenance though.

1 Like

Its probally still there, the arguement here is how useful overall miko is compared to say something else in the build I am going. From what I tried at R6 miko felt like a complete waste of a rank to me, since the only thing I could sort of use was hamaya, but after playing with it for a bit I found Hamaya’s aoe radius to be crap, and the fact it fires out a bit away from you means it generally misses monsters you have gathered. Having to use breaking wheel every pack of monsters later on is going to get very costly very fast.

The synergy has always been there, and was never taken out AFAIK.

I think someone feed me stupid info at some point, and I believed them. =_=

1 Like

Not only miko. Every hidden class is lackluster, aside from Chaplain… which is the most simple to get :frowning:

Ironic, isn’t it?:sweat:

this is basically what im saying about post patch chap miko inq…

the reason that miko is a very good pick for chap inq pre patch was because hamaya is stronger than frostcloud and last 20 secs… now this is gone…

also, there was a very op synergy between miko and inq that can nuke bosses very fast… this can be done either with full spr or full int… now this is gone…

all of this strong pre patch stuff about miko is gone and yet advancement quest is still annoying as before… im not surprised if people find miko lackluster …

1 Like

Appraiser is useful… if your a SR, since overestimate would buff the pistol, and Blindside hit likes a truck so its good for single targets. My 130 ish archer hits for 15k with blindside lv 1 or 2 Its good for bosses/elites. Was thinking of 5 identify, 3 over estimate 5 blindside then toss the remaining into devaulation. Ranger3 may be more useful to me now at R5, but once I get SR at rank 6 i’d barely be using the ranger stuff anymore, so Appraiser seemed like a much better/more useful in the longrun fit due to Blindside and Over estimate.

Appraiser isn’t really lackluster though. Sometimes I wonder how does a magnifying glass deal more damage than a cannon ball… and just showing the lens will induce a critical on the monster too. :confounded:

@Scyris

Prior to the great rebalance, Hamaya was a very good skill. It lasted 18 secs and has soft crowd control by rooting the monsters (due to the number of hits per second + hit stun). Which is why many players flocked to join the ranks of shrine maidens, aside from the cute costume.

Now with the nerfs, Miko is mainly kept in builds due to the reason of either roleplaying with cute costumes or time and effort used to get the class previously.

Gohei is still good though imo. 333% per swing of gohei deals quite a fair bit of damage for builds that doesn’t spec into Chaplain.