Tree of Savior Forum

Is that 150 Critical rate from Swift steps worth now?

Before the patch everyone go to ARCHER2 for Swift steps Critical Buffs almost in every builds.

After the patch I don’t know if I want to take archer 2,
because it is so difficult to CRI now even I take archer 2, I feel nothing change at all.
I tested it only gives me 1 more CRI hit per 10 hits.

So I am hesitating if I should go for ar2-ranger2-fletcher3-haker OR ar1-ranger3-fletcher3-hacker

Any suggestions?

problem with crit stuff and calculation is = you need very good equip and alot of money to make it work.
and in future, it will be even more hard
(if imc wont buff critrate or give even better crit equip than we have now)

my 330 SR got 737 critrate with swift step.
and theres even more possible if u got the money…

Together with appriser Blindside attribute effect, i do crit 8 hits out of 10.
at mobbs with lvl 322

i like it

but if u feel like doing hacker, go for it :-3

So overall do you think Archer 2 is essential?

let’s use @JuicYKitteN 's example so you can decide if you need swift step.

At 737 crit rate, going against zero crit res targets (just to make it easier to compute), you’d have: 737^(0.6)=52.5% crit chance.

If you gave up swift step, you’dlose 150 crit rate, for a total of 580, which you’d then give you: 580^(0.6)=45,5% crit chance, same conditions as above.

So yeah, going archer 2 would mean an extra 7% crit chance. Definetely not nearly as strong as the previous 25% crit rate buff we used to have from swift step, but neither too weak to pass by if you don’t really have better circle choices to go to.

1 Like

Your information really helps.

And is the dodge bonus worth anything currently ?

Many ppl going Full STR so is it hard to dodge ? (thinking about pvp, but I guess it’s good to know for pve too xD)

(Did not play for months, discovering the new added things …)

In my experience, in PVP especially against most swordsmen builds that tend to go full/high STR, it’s hardly doing anything. I guess it’s due to the flat bonus and nearly linear scaling of evasion from DEX investment. :frowning:

Even in PVE, I still get hit a lot than I used to pre-rework probably with the same stat distribution. But then I don’t have a lot of evasion-boosting gear yet so I guess that may change if I did focus on getting more evasion.

Game’s changed to being much more gear-dependent now.

Im keeping my archer at C2. To me it is good enough. That leave you room for 1 other class to pick from.

Simple question: are you going for crit?
Yes. Take archer2 for the c.rate
No. Take ranger3 for 5% missile damage on demand.