Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Inquisitor's Thread

Nobody expects the Inquisition!

Welcome to the inquisition. This thread aims to discuss, discover or share any information regarding inquisitors, whether regarding class paths, skills or anything.

Let’s begin then.

Before you start hunting heretics over there, please take a good long read of Wurmheart’s beginner’s guide to being a cleric, which includes a lot of information of cleric sub-classes.

Inquisitor

The new rank 8 class for cleric. These warrior-type clerics excel in slaying wizard/mages type of enemies using various tools. They are heavily based on the Catholic Church inquisition that combats heresy during the 11th century. In the game, they are responsible for stopping the heretics who strayed away from the teaching of the goddesses.

With the rank 9 out, Inquisitors gained two new skills and some attributes

Now, the perception of Inquisitor varies from c1 to c2. Good at c1 and questionable at c2. This is due to the fact that the two new skills doesn’t give anything. Just go read the skills themselves.

Skills

Breaking Wheel

Definition:
Summons a wheel that deals slash damage to nearby enemies. It has an attribute that increases its area of effect when someone attacks the one. Increasing the skill level increase the wheel duration and attack power.

Notes:
This skill is one of the most powerful arsenal of an inquisitor. It gives them a superb damage dealing capabilities and AOE damage to enemies. This is only skill that deals slash damage in the cleric circle. Learning the attribute for the breaking wheel increases the AOE effect and can infect enemies with ailments, such as armor break or bleeding.

This skill is susceptible to being knockout of its position, greatly affecting it. An enemy that knocks/toss the wheel out of your intended target and lands somewhere with no enemies renders it useless. Also, the cost of the wheel can hurt one’s pouch. The weight itself proved to be hard to carry, as it has a weight of 25

Advice:
It’s no brainer, you max this skill. No questions ask

Side notes:
As of the May 16, 2017 battle damage formula thingy, there are reports that wheel has gotten a little weaker based on people crying over the forums or in the game. Wheel now a fixed duration of ten seconds for all level. You’d still max this one even if it is weaker or something

God Smash

Definition:
Lifts the weapon high up in the air above the head and smash it down. If Blunt weapon, deals additional damage.

Notes:
The definition gives it all. It is advisable to use a mace or blunt weapon to get the bonus damage from the skill. It is a powerful skill, with 3 overcharge.

Its weakness lies to the casting of the skill. Just like the old smite animation from paladins, there is a split second where the user will raise the weapon and strike the ground. During that raise the weapon time, hitting the inquisitor with a perfectly timed knockdown would render the skill useless and wasting the skill overcharge.

Advice:
Get this skill at least lv1 as a filler skill or something. Paladins should max this skill due to the conviction-god smash-smite combo, since god smash get bonus damage if the enemy has the conviction ailment. Monks can use gold flick finger to increase the damage. If you have extra skills points left, throw it here.

Side notes:
As of the battle damage patch that transpired on May 16, 2017, God smash has become stronger and from what I heard, most inquisitor who value strength tend to max this. It also goes well with conviction with a percentage damage boost (50% probably).

Pears of anguish
Definition:
Install Pear of Anguish on the ground that deals damage to oncoming enemy. If a magic-using enemy is detected, it flies over to it and deals even greater damage.

Notes:
The first anti-wizard skill. Pears of anguish is meant to stop or better yet, eliminate any wizards within its range. An enemy wizard class would be cautious when fighting an inquisitor in the league.

As an anti-mage skill, this skill is utterly useless against non-mages enemies. The only way deal damage using this skill to them is let them walk over it. It deals decent damage though. Another weakness is the susceptibility to knockback skills. They can be flung away from the target, making it useless. If that enemy has wizard type mobs, then it’s gonna be hard for the player.

In duels, using scrolls triggers pears. It’s sad that scrolls cannot be use in TBL and guild wars.

Also, somewhere in this deep discussion, pears explode after 10 secs being deployed on the field. Said explosion deal the damage the same as being runover by mooks but has AOE, which is nice.

Advice:
Get this skill to at least lv4 or better, lv5. I believe that lv1 or lv2, the skill lacks damage and the pears is not enough to deal heavy damage to a wizard/mage.

Sidenotes:
As of the new patch - May 16, 2017, it becomes weak. At all level, you can now cast 5 pears, making it 10 pears if you do it twice. Certain properties has vanished, like that exploding pear thingy.

Malleus Maleficarum
Definition:
Release the power of the spellbook to attack. The attacked enemy gets its INT and SPR halved and SP consumption doubled.

Notes:
This skill has another ailment effect on the enemy. It deals bonus magic damage based on the afflicted magic attack. IMC must have forgotten to add that in the skill description. With the rank 8 content patch here, most enemies lv280 and above are resistant to magic. This skill helps your magic casters to deal damage. Casting a lv1 cure with 300 magic attack on the enemy lv330 afflicted with malleus’ curse would deal around 800-1000 damage, assuming the enemy’s magic attack fall under 800-1000. Not much but it does help. To add, Remiri pointed out that MM ailment increases all type of magic done to the infected target, physical and magical.

MM has its weak point.One, to hit the enemies, you must aim the book in front of them. Two, MM has a max target of 7, including tree crystals. And three, casting MM carelessly will hit enemies you do not wish to engage. Example: Assuming that you’re engaging two chipmunks in svalinghas…forest. Behind the two chipmunks are three spellcasting chipmunk who are minding their own business. You cast the skill, targeting the two but somehow, MM flew over them then, attack the three. I assume you know what will happen next.

Also, malleus cannot be spread via Pdoc’s pandemic, as stated by white hand.

icon_cler_ironmaiden Iron Maiden
Defintiion:
Summon an Iron Maiden to trap a medium or small sized enemy, excluding boss monsters. Trapped enemies cannot move for a certain amount of time while Demon type enemies take constant damage.

Notes:
One the 2 new skills of Inquisitor…and also the most questionable skill that ever exist. By the definition alone, it’s kinda…lacking. Very limited use on PvE and to pull it off requires another skill to be used…unless they’re demon class enemies. It can only trap one enemy, which is sad and can’t be used on Rexipher (I’d love to see a large iron maiden)

But come PvP this skills becomes something else. Still questionable since the chances of trapping a player is slim, unless you can do something about it. If you managed to pull it off, they congrats, he’d be dead from godsmashing him to death.

To get this skill or not? PvE, no. PvP yes.

icon_cler_judgment Judgement
Definition:
Change the type of enemies within a specified range to Demon type. Enemies take 10% additional Holy damage.

Notes:
…Yeah, I find this skill very odd…and probably dumb. It has a cooldown of 1 min and does’t do damage. Instead it turns any poor sap or player into a demon and makes them vulnerable to holy damage.

One combo is judgement + turn undead, which instantly one-hit kill the target. Doesn’t work on PvP though.

Another usage is to combine it with god smash, with the demon-slaying whatever attribute on. Should give you 30% damage boost from godsmash when enemies are afflicted with this curse.

Should you get one? Errr…yeah?

One test revealed that pears will have a delay of damage when an enemy caster performs a magic while jumping. Pears will be triggered but will get stuck in mid-air. It takes around 10-20sec to damage the intended target.

Advice:
At least, get this skill to lv1. The damage is good and the ailment is too good to pass. Also, this is by far your first range skill, making it valuable in certain scenarios.

Sidenotes:
As of the patch, MM has considerably become the most affected spell…justified if you’re a str type inquisitor. From 7k damage per hit, it now deals 200 to 600 damage. Since it scales with it, pretty sad for str type inquisitors. The debuff is still there and that is good.

Videos:

Provided the people here and somewhere over there, these videos are solid-evidence of certain inquisitor skills that work…or do not work.

Inquistior’s video linked by greyheim

• God smash- conviction combo

Nekorin’s Video

Other inquist thread that are littered around in the forums:

Inquist pve build

ET combo for inquist

pvp inquist help

INT inquist?

Beast monk inquist

I believe I had written all I know about the inquisitors. Now, if you have ideas (such as pears of anguish + sevenfold combo), feel free to post it here so that I can add them here.

Now, start discussing!

*Updated the information due to the Rank 9, Inquisitor c2 skills and what nots

8 Likes

would be better to add a section with most popular build or at least give a little space for the paladin inqui build because even if you have add a small section about the combo of conviction + god smash, without a more popular build section. we will have too many people asking for builds class to take in their path to inquisitor.
so at least i will add the one i recommend for a melee inquisitor:
that is c2 priest1 pala3 pd inquisitor.
c2 is for heal + pz, very nice supp later on .
priest1 is for resurrection (do not never take this skill for granted even more if you plan to take you inqui in ET in a swordman type part, this skill may make the difference if you are in or not )
priest1 also have monstrance> will explain why is important later<
pala3 will be for the famous combo of wheel + conviction + god smash it allow the inqui to do a huge amount of damage in AOE.
pd> this is mostly about pvp aspect with mask and healing facto> mask is because inquisitor is still melee class so having something to help with those debufs is a must for a good pvp inquisitor so you can go close to your enemy.
healing factor is the spell for inquisitor because it’s heal is so powerful that allow you to keep in contact with mobs be with pvp or pve without fear and also allow you to keep your PZ and heal tiles for the rest of the Party because HF is alone to keep a good inquisitor alive in pve.
stats would be dex>con no str, because inqui spell already have a huge base damage, so dex with critical would be better, and this is also because mostrance is good because would boost your dex for extra 30% every time you need allowing more points in con or simple allowing you a higher critical rate at anytime, this was the reason why i believe that p1 is better than diev1, monstrance was the tie break, at least this is my opinion please do not take this as 100% true since everyone can have their own .

Now about the class itself, inqui right now is fair powerful and is a choice for most swordsman out there who likes to be a cleric with melee damage, like me but if we compare him with swordsman the worst flaw i can point out is the movement of the class, inquisitor would be similar as swordsman because it have melee and range skills but have a focus on p.atk but in swordsman case they have have sprint and in the cata’s case trot, to allow for a fast movement something that inquisitor as cleric tree lacks and this is the biggest flaw in my opinion as someone who played swordsman and wanted to change for inquisitor because is similar as melee-psychical class, if we could add a fair reasonable amount of move speed in inquisitor would make the class truly shine in my opinion.

Does anyone know of the damage bonus for using a blunt weapon with God smash?

Does Plague Doctor’s Pandemic spread Conviction debuff (or MM debuff for that matter)?

I’m 100% sure about Conviction, I guess it does not spread MM debuff.

there is some tests made on the cleric rank 8 section (just do not remember the topic) but is close to 50% extra damage but it seems that those damage does not add with conviction damage (maybe because they are the same tier multipler) so in the end we have a close to 30% increase if you use conviction debuff+hammer. sorry but i do not have the time to search for his post to quote right now, so you will have to trust me or search in the forum, there is also a long time i read the test post, so i do not even know where to start the search so i could quote the tests but i remember he have a video test on youtube maybe if you search for god smash test on youtube the video will pop up.

I believed it should work, seeing that the skill description spreads all ailments.

Pandemic only works on spreads some debuffs, this will help a bit but it’s not complete: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiYi8LmhljhvByqzeAh2NhMWN9EFFmsi--WN2z5kwe8/edit#gid=569646831

Found it via @Gwenyth somewhere I forgot x…x

Reposting useful inquis stuff here.
Other thread about inquis Malleus: Solved: Inquisitor's malleus skill inquiry

Wurms guide with some recommended inquis build examples:

Wheel & pears knocked away

Blunt weapon bonus on God Smash

Inquisitor Blunt weapon adds a bit more than +50% damage to God Smash:

Conviction & Godsmash
Paladin3 Conviction + Godsmash = double God Smash damage:

Video Godmash with Conviction - 40k dmg, 60k crit:

VS without conviction 20k dmg, 30k crit:

PvP channels:
Fpfred https://www.youtube.com/user/fredmanza/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

데티스 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOU2NoEVJnvKmzSLBT4E682hh9mjFhc5P

If i go dex all the way won’t it hit a limit where it hit 100% critcal rate on everything where further dex points doesnt help any more?

Str gives block penetration, physical dmg and critical dmg. Will it be beneficial if i throw some points into str as well?

unless you have full level 10 green gems with new values and so on, would be impossible to keep the 100% critical rate in the game as a cleric , even more since critical rate value depends on the level so every time a new cap raise it will also raise the critical cap.
right now for 100% critical rate i believe is close to 6xx(and this was at 280 cap, the 330 i have not even done the math) without counting the critical resistance from mobs but with this value you can do some math and see your self that will be almost impossible to reach 100% critical rate even at full dex, something that i’m not saying to be because i’m also telling you to put points in con and so on.
ps: archer is possible to reach because they have a 25% critical rate buff, and so on , but as cleric is fair harder if not impossible all together even with level 10 gems at 330.

now, this seems to be something really reasonable if you are in pvp maniac because in the pve aspect is no use because of the damage comes from inqui skills later on and those skills would gain more damage with dex than str because of the huge base damage but even as pvp the reality is that it would not be good as well because if you are thinking about block problems and lets say that you are going after a full con players with HUGE block amount the best tactic would be to focus the points that you would use in str even more con so you could survive longer and use MM that is magic damage allowing you by pass the block all together and kill your enemy, inquisitor have this huge bonus as class with mix of Magic damage as well so there is no reason to not use it ^^. because for block penetration to really show itself and allow you to hit enemies that have stone skin for example would need for a HUGE investment something that would cripple your build all together.
simple put block penetration is a problem for any build that lacks str but inquisitor have the tools to not suffer from it.
simple put is this: if you want more a pvp character go high on 2con:1dex , if you want to play pvp and pve as well go 1:1 , but if you want to be mainly a pve inquisitor and be able to also do some nice pvp when you want, go high on dex and con, like 1:2(dex) for example but in the end my personal recommendation would still be 100 con(max) rest dex as PVE inquisitor.
this is of course about the pally inqui build that focus on melee psychical damage who likes to use the inquisitor as damage dealer, this would need high dex so we can have all yellow on the skills but if you are more on supp side just go with con high con too.

Thanks. So even for PVP i should just balance it between Dex and Con…

How about Pear of Anguish. The skill is in Physical. Does it gets blocked?

I’m putting up links here regarding inquisitor threads that are laying around in the cleric subforums. They might contain info that you can use.

1 Like

What is the best equipment build for paladin inquisitors?

Perhaps Maga mace?

Vienarazis Mace by far.

Though not just for pala/inquisitors, for just about any physical cleric build…

2 Likes

pearls seems to be in a mix of opinions right now, so i will just going to give my own, i will max pearls and not wheel because i only need to wheel’s time to do a full rotation that is conviction god smash smite, and with the new change of smite, i can do it in wheel level 3 i believe (have not tested it yet because i have no level to increase to level 3) but you get the point, i will save points in wheel to put on pearls because pearls hit count increase with level, so is very important to have it at high level.
about mace you can use maga until you get your hands on the vienarazis, and then you will use him for long time because even the 315 orange mace have a basic m atk and this means that he gain matk as you enchant it, so vienarazis is the mace for melee cleric at the current end game.
i also have seen some players doing fine with toy hammer in the monk type build, but since i do not have it i can not recommend but is nice to give space for this too.

can someone explain better how malleus works? if i use it on a magic caster mob, it will do more dmg based on his matk, it will cuts in half his int/spr after all this, will it make the mob take more damage based on his matk? are there some values?

Yes. Every next hit and attack when the mob has Malleus debuff will deal [bonus damage equal to mob magic attack]. At PvP, I have seen this ignore damage immunity (ausrine, mackangdal). Unknown whether bug or intended.

you have answered yourself the values is based on the enemy m.atk be it the extra damage and so on.

uhm…it may be worth putting some points into malleus to make the debuff last longer then…i don’t know how to distribute my skill points T_T