Tree of Savior Forum

An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

Yeah might as well keep incin/cure if you go for a mace.
Pandemic helps a decent bit, but keep in mind Breaking wheel should also spread conviction around already. Maybe put 1-3 points into it or so.

@ridelith:
Is pardoner1 still worth it after the Discern Evil nerf for that combo? Lvl 5 DE should only add +50% of the current debuff duration max atm.

And I need to find a place to properly mention the PoA + reversi trick.

@yurichalps:

Tbh inquisitor can make any hybrid build work.
And I really like monk3 atm. Will need to think it over.

Iā€™m somewhat curious as to how a hybrid or int paladin would be as well. Barrier might be quite good now. Or at least not as bad as it used to beā€¦

is full Spr Cleric2 Priest 3 Chaplain Oracle Taoist a less worth build? Iā€™ve being playing with it some time now and I like all the things that it can do. Boosts damage by a lot+attribute from Storm Calling (boosts melee atck) , prevents bad status and nullify them in a large area+fire, light and ice(?) property resistence, 3 very viable ā€œhealling chargesā€, fade+that Taoistā€™s fade in area skill, revive and ressurection. But lacks in invulnerability thoā€¦

Hybrid build

Finally, I can finally be the Magical Melee that I always dreamed of

I was rockin a Cleric 2 Bokor 3 Oracle PD 2 before the changes and about half a year ago. Oracle was for funsies but Iā€™m thinking of maybe replacing it with something else. Any good alternatives for r6 other than Miko? Priest was popular suggestion to me back in the day and Iā€™m planning on messing around with Cleric 3.

On a 25 second CD, if Iā€™m not mistaken, you can use it twice when timed correctly, extending the duration by 20 seconds. Not infinite but not bad either. The same applies for Malleus debuff (wich Iā€™m certain of).

I felt that as a pure SPR, healing with my C2 was quite lackluster given the amount of damage I got in Saalus and 260 runs. When I was also roughly comparing damage between my C3 and C2>Miko, I felt that I actually downed bosses (did this solo in Merc runs) faster with C3. The damage reduction and the 8 second limit of Hamaya really hurt my previous build. I also feel that 10 DM contributed to the overall boost in my (limited) rotation (what with constant buffing of Bless and Aspergillium), that plus Deprotect Zone, might have helped (not to mention the damage of the heal bombs).

Now if it were a pure INT C2>P3>Chap>Miko>Inq build vs. my current pure SPR C3>P3>Chap>Inq thoughā€¦ Hmmā€¦

Arenā€™t dievpd variants good anymore? While my dps did drop considerably, I still feel comfortable using mine. Or I just donā€™t want to give up MikoPD on my main, cause I couldnā€™t be bothered to redo the Miko Quest on another char, and while nerfed, diev still seems to have the most synergy with it.:confused:

Or did you mean buffed :sweat_smile: But anyway, great guide! I was a big fan of the preliminary guide thread.

1 Like

Inquisitor is the strongest option imo, but itā€™s not needed.
The spr scaling from blessing/sacrament and last rites will carry just about any r6-8 combination.

And Taoist has some really nice utility from dark sight as well.
Oracle may be a bit more annoying buff limit wise though. But daino scrolls will fix that.

@Shumanigans:
Priest is fine for the res.
Druidā€™s carnivory isnā€™t half bad atm, but Iā€™d say Miko is better overall.
Or dievdirby/oracle for the utility.

@ridelith:
Just tested it, IMC forgot something :smiley:

The discern evil nerf does not actually affect the PoA/Reversi scroll combo, ergo you still get the full +x seconds with no cap.

Still, you do need an lvl 8 DE to get at least 2 casts in before it expires. (10s base, 25s cd on DE. lvl 8 = +16s.)

But my sole issue with it is that if it got fixed, It would change it up quite a bit:

• Pardoner1 would turn from +10s to +4-5s.
  • Pardoner2 would turn from +20s to +7s.
  • Pardoner3 would turn infinite upkeep into a +10s.

Then again it is IMC, such a bug fix might never come. Or they could act as if it was an intended secret combo and weā€™d never know.

@kourihime:
Miko/PD2 is still a fine combination, Itā€™s the diev3 thatā€™s the issue imo.

Especially damage wise owls + clap is still bad. Defensively it is quite nice.
And leveling is an issue for that build, youā€™ll only get your decent damage skills at rank 6-8 slowly.

Diev/miko does have nice synergy though.

2 Likes

I wanted a more suport ish build/usefull as possible to ET - or should I just go diev3 priest then?
Yeah haha oracle does eat some buff spaces so I try to use itā€™s skills when need, only using everytime the one that goes in the 2nd ā€œbarā€ of buffs.

Chaplains donā€™t reduce a lot of dmg atm, but a high level mass heal and revive are still very nice and it should still be a very good contender for an ET build.

Diev3/priest is far better at preventing damage, but it wonā€™t really help the group out damage wise.
It can even fit druid2 for merog shaman safety zone spam, which is quite op.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t Possession root 5+ skilllevel enemies? You only listed up to 10, but 14 is possible at level 10 (and 16 is the cap with gem and Divine Might)

1 Like

Huh, didnā€™t even notice the new enemy cap. Wups.
Thatā€™s another nice buff to possession, the more the merrier.

Edit: Does cure hit flying enemies now?

Iā€™d like to suggest the Cleric2 -> Diev1 -> Paladin3 -> PD 2 build for INT Paladins. I think itā€™s the only build that somewhat allows INT on a Paladin effectively because you can get +600 base damage from Conviction + Divine Might + Elemental Gear, which is equivalent to ~240 INT. Pandemic also spreads Conviction which is the reason this build works nicely.

In terms of raw dmg output it still canā€™t compete with current Sadhu3 -> PD2, but Paladins still have nice defensive buffs, so itā€™s a more defensive way to build PD2.

Also, I didnā€™t test thoroughly but I believe Restoration no longer buffs heal effectiveness like it did before?

I think it does. Exorcise also hits flying enemies and afaik Carnivory does,too.
Basically there seem to be no more Cleric skills that are unable to hit flying enemies.
I could be wrong,though, dunno about triggering Pears of Anguish if an enemy flies above themā€¦

Iā€™d still want to test or see an int pala in action before I write it up.

Is soul property even considered elemental? or is in the dark/holy sphere of not elemental. +720 isnā€™t a lot tbh, but if itā€™s affected by skill factor, enhance and bdsā€™s bonus dmg it might not be so bad.

You donā€™t happen to have a video of such a build right?

And Restoration still boosts healing. My 1.8-1.9k heals go to 2.6k with it on my crappy druid.
It also boosts mass heal by a tiny amount.
Though itā€™s scaling likely changed a bit since spr/int scaling on heal did.

@Adeodatus:
Exorcise has always hit flying enemies.
But Carnivory/Chortasmata still donā€™t hit flyingā€¦ (Iā€™d wish they did, then I could test transform on a few interesting mobs without needing a hunter.)
Not sure about pears though.

Still, itā€™s a nice little buff to cure.

Interesting, I guess it still works as it did before, basically doubles the INT bonus to heals. Since my build was pure STR when I tested it, I couldnā€™t really tell any difference with or without Restoration.

No idea about soul property.

I donā€™t have any updated videos after the patch.

Positive that Cure hits flying enemies now.:slight_smile:

1 Like

How much SPR would be needed on a Paladin to not need SP potions? atm Iā€™m a Cleric C2 > Diev > Paladin C3 > PD > Inquisitor full STR and itā€™s really nice, however I burn through my SP a lot, SP pots do help but Iā€™ve to use them on CD almost, so any recommendations? :stuck_out_tongue:

with the changes, paladin c3 might be good for ET and anything else, specially when and if the barrier scrolls get smaller. Are those scrolls even needed anyways?
So a Cleric2-1/Preist Diev3 Pala3 seens to be a not bad idea too.

This forum is perfect sinse I have 3 clerics that need new builds hah

Btw, would be more valiable to put Kabba instead of Oracle on the previous build? sinse I would be the suport withiout PDā€™s bloodlettling, that would be a better option - Oracle I mean.

Thx for your aswers so far ^^

I think that if you want to make a Cleric for ET exclusively it would be better to be a Cleric C1 > Krivis C3 > Diev C3 > Taoist, specially now with how melstis works, you can have both in the same build without any problems plus Taoist for certain floors which is really good.

Then youā€™d probably want to bring a Priest C3 for the blessing shenanigans which probably is going to have chaplain and PD too because of how good it is (or Miko-Inqui combo).

So unless people are willing to bring 3 clerics into an ET I donā€™t know if a Paladin can fit into an ET party, maybe if you play with friends but I think even after the nerf if people want to have more dmg theyā€™d just still bring the scrolls and adapt to them while getting more dmg in the end :confused:

Kabbalist is only for SP regen, thereā€™s nothing else to it, and I think if your party is going to ET they must have pretty nice gear which means they must have enough money to buy sp pots so you can get something better at that rank, even Oracle is still better because of Counter Spell.

So for 2 clerics for ET to synergize Iā€™d recommend both of these builds:

Cleric C1 > Krivis C3 > Diev C3 > Taoist

And

Cleric C2 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > PD2

That way one provides them with utility and invulnerability and the other provides them with DMG (and debuff cleansing).