Tree of Savior Forum

Allowing OTHER Cleric Classes to wield two handed weapons

I’m not sure whether the IMC developers, staffs, or even people who are supposed to address in game suggestions read this, nevertheless here it goes.

Two-handed blunt weapons have become the staple for Monk and Paladin classes. With the upcoming r10 update, they even got stronger with the +5 aoe ratio on paladin’s attribute and the same old Monk attribute. This is my plea for allowing other Cleric Class to be able to wield two-handed weapons. While I do know there are others who would disagree to some of my points, perhaps even pointing at the possible “too OP” state of two handed cleric classes. It just doesn’t make sense to have a secondary weapon who doesn’t contribute to the kit of cleric itself.

This my wish, add other cleric classes or perhaps add the two handed-attribute to the base class itself. Take the same route with Paladin and Monk differentiation, Paladin has +aoe ratio, Monks has Block penetration. Other classes could have a different effect that benefits them in some ways. Nevertheless my only wish is for a two-handed weapon that doesn’t limit our class choices within the cleric tree.

Below this point is my argument as to why other classes should have it.

-Daggers as seen in swordsman benefits them because they’re part of the kit of some classes which makes one handed wielding plausible.
-Shields in swordsman makes sense as some class can actively block and use abilities alongside with it.

While one-handed wielding benefit the users in terms of raw stat points, it doesn’t mash up with the design of cleric classes. They don’t have any skills (aside from paladin which ironically have two handed attribute) to use them.

-Daggers a slot for raw stat points, other than that a niche class that benefits from them are

• Pardoners who seek to increase their ridiculous SPR for buff shops

-While shield has more benefits adding physical defense, the class that could truly use Shields within their Kits are

• Paladins who can use block with their attribute and sanctuary

Aside from this we could make the same case with my fellow wizard mains, daggers are preferably used by high spr classes such as thaum,chrono, enchanter, etc. And some people choose to wield Shields for the Physical defense itself, HOWEVER At rank 1 the base class of Wizards has an attribute that allows them to wield two handed staffs. That’s the big difference, they have a choice while the Cleric class has no choice but to wait for a RANK 4 and RANK 5 Paladin/Monk class to wield a Two-handed mace, this means the class mechanic forces you to pick at least rank one of those classes just to wield it.

• While some of you might think, how about Swordsman? They have class attributes that enable them to wield specific weapons such as two handed sword, one-handed / two-handed spears, rapiers and even a gun. Aren’t they the same with cleric that forces them to choose a circle for a wielding attribute. The things is, swordsman have different attack types, pierce, slash, strike and even missile and their corresponding weapon coincides with their classes. However a cleric only has a strike on their alley (Aside from inqui) There are no CLEAR boundaries on the cleric tree as to what specific limitation does classes have in order to be worthy of wielding a two handed weapon, they’re all the same.

Supporting topics with my suggestion:
This concerns the dilemma of shield/dagger of Monk and Paladin

This concerns the possible usage of OTHER classes for two handed attributes.

And quoting from @Wurmheart

Our weapon choices are less well balanced in my opinion:

Due to the increase in weapon damage, the rift between one handed and two handed weapons is now considerably larger. (just check tos neet’s item section )
Meaning that you should always keep that difference in mind when trying to compare cleric to the other classes.

A.2)
Offhands are almost rubbish for clerics right now, and that is due to several reasons:

• We barely benefit from the base dmg found on offhands, since we have no skills that use said dmg or let us attack with both weapons at once.
    Chaplains, however, can benefit off using a rod and dagger combo since they can opt for offhand attacks instead of auto attacks.

• Property attack bonus stats found on offhands do not compare well to the high base attack of weapons. So, for now, prioritize main hands weapons.

• However with the addition of stats on gear you can get int/spr and other similar niceties on offhands, which did improve them ever so slightly.

• Physical and Hybrid clerics can still benefit to an extent of sockets in the offhand. But Magic clerics don’t have really have a good option when it comes to offhand gems.

You can read the extent of Wurmheart’s post at

Thank you, I hope this post isn’t wasted.

3 Likes

if this happens, i’m going to feel bad about recently selling my 2 hand hammers that i can’t equip :'D

1 Like

+1 yep… make it happens please!!! Why do we have to stick with only 2 classes??

Don’t worry I sold my transcended Two-hand, it felt suffocating but there’s a need to change the class restriction.

1 Like

then again, i am a pardoner |3

if the restriction is lifted on cleric then other classes will want the same thing mainly swordy…

1 Like

It would be ideal, I would love it if they would add that attribute to the inquisitor

I think the better option is allowing Clerics to use staffs (IDK if that’s currently possible)

I kind of feel like they want the twohanded hammer for the physical classes, It doesn’t make a lot of sense for a caster to wield a large hammer and magic damage Clerics don’t really need a buff, they just need Wizards to get nerfed a small bit.

That said I guess I do think Inquisitors and Zealots should get to use Twohand Hammers without the other physical classes.

I’m hoping in the future when they release sheperd or some unknown cleric class, they are liable to wield staffs. But for now we have limited options. I kinda saw your point as well, I’ve seen magic DPS classes such as exorcists wielding flying two-handed hammers when using rubric :tired:.