Tree of Savior Forum

Need help deciding what class to pick

I’m a former player from long time ago planning on coming back to the game. Thing is, I can’t decide on what to play. Clerics in general seem to interest me most, and I used to play a Monk. Monk and Miko are the classes that interest me the most. But the thing is, I feel like if I play cleric again, it would be detrimental for gaining knowledge of the game. I feel like I need to expand my horizons by spending time in other classes.

Swordsman would probably be my second choice if it wasn’t a tank class. Tanking just isn’t my thing, but I do think Dragoon looks cool. Wizard is probably what I’m least interested in for whatever reason. So that leaves Archer. I guess I kind of like Appraiser and Schwarzer Reiter, and I think female Mergen looks cute.

I’m mostly just a solo kind of player except in dungeons. I have interest in pvp, but I don’t want to sacrifice pve strength for that.

I don’t know, what do you guys think?

1 Like

Clerics are god in this game.
You can ask here about builds and details An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

There in no tank in this game. Not even swordies. Everyone is DPS :smirk:
Wiz is good for a reasonable amount investment. ele3 lock3 is best choice
thauma3 SM2 is another.

I guess if you want a braindead farmer which can farm extremely well after a some decent gears and investment, appraiser sr3 will do great.

Can’t help on anything unless you start of deciding what you want exactly.

More balancing is being done on ktest/ktos so quite a lot may change from itos PoV.

1 Like

imo most ow wizards will be vialabe after wiz balance patch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i still love any wizard with sorc2/shadow2/ench2 :slight_smile:

You have to decide first if you are willing to invest heavily on one character.

A much more different approach to clerics… could be Zealot.

I have one myself and it’s like a walking radiance physical mage thingy.

You could try out several dragoon builds too since it interests you, but yes, it requires heavy investment compared to having an ele/cleric.

Swordsmen are lot more than tanks, heck I would say they are all but tanks xD

you can be a heavy hitting swordsman or a quick striker and more…

I recommend playing around with the skill simulators and find that build you want…

The only class tree with the ability to tank is cleric.

Since you only have swordie or archer as choice, go swordie. Archers have a problem in that they are trying to be swordies. They are copying the weapon restrictions, and even the weapons themselves. They are also nothing more than physical mages that require 2 stats for hitting targets.

Dragoon is definitely a solid pve choice. You just have to choose between hop or cata in the beginning.

swordman will be reworked, should choose shinobi cus its badas-s and this game will changed name to tree of ninja. Murmillo-shinobi will be 1 hit-1 kill in pvp-pve. And imbalance will more Mr.Kim-the-imba.