Tree of Savior Forum

Best Plague Doctor Variant

:: Best Plague Doctor Variant ::

Hey guys! How you doing?

My next build will be a Plague Doctor, but i dont know wich one should i follow.

Afaik anything whit PD2 should work, but since i’m a solo player with little time to play i dont want any regrets on the build path.

On the ToS official site the most popular builds and the Hot 100 got some prety interesting stuffs.

Imgur whit them all to make easier

My focus is farm (silver and materials), Hunting Grounds, Dungeons and if anyone wants me some Earth Tower.

I notice this Compilation of Builds and the only PD they have is Cleric C2 > Diev or Bokor > Sadhu C3 > Plague C3

• Why Diev over Bokor?
  • Why Priest + Chaplain make a good combo with PD?
  • What Krivis is doing there?
  • If i go Diev is mandatory to go Miko?
  • All Plague Doctor builds are FULL INT?
  • Wich one suits better to my goal?

If possible post the builds and sugestions whit ToS.Neet planner so i can undestand the argument

Tyvm <3

To be honest, I don’t find that reddit’s compilation good. Not that the builds listed are bad, but he says it’s builds “viable for PvE” yet I feel it’s missing a lot of builds~

The thing is that PD2 is pretty much independent and all-around good. So it can farm by itself already. If you want to mostly solo or farm though, you’ll want skills that help you kill faster while not burning your SP too fast between your PD’s cooldowns and so you can save a bit on your SP.

Diev 1 or Bokor 1 are both good fillers. Diev 1 is there so you can save on warps, and for the utility: Laima to reduce cd while slowing down enemies a bit, Zemyna so you can reduce your SP regen time and slightly reduce how much SP you spend. Bokor is for the extra quick low cd DPS. It depends on what you want/need or even your personal taste, they’re truly both worth it as fillers.
If you go Sadhu 3 after though, the beauty of Diev 1 is that it helps you keep your Transmit Prana longer. Transmit Prana at level 6 lasts 60 seconds for a 80s cd, with Laima this cooldown is reduced to 64 seconds. So instead of staying 20 seconds without Transmit Prana, you stay 4 seconds only without it.
So while Bokor gives you direct extra DPS, Diev allows you to reduce your cooldowns and to use your attacks more often.

PD works with pretty much any build. It’s not particularly an amazing synergy between PD and Chaplain, it’s just that PD adds a lot to any build.
Priest + Chaplain is mostly a buffer/support, even though it also has a few attacks. PD will add extra great support and amazing DPS, turning Chaplain-PD into a balanced all-around build.

I don’t really see the point of Krivis 1-Bokor 3-PD2 tbh, same for Krivis 2-Sadhu 3. I suppose Krivis 2-Sadhu 3 is just for extra damages, buffs, and they like Krivis. Usually if one goes Krivis-Sadhu they want to go 3 and 3 so Kirivs’ Melstis will increase the duration of Sadhu’s TP and at the same time you get good extra damages and utility.

Technically, no, but imho it is now since the statues don’t last long anymore. Diev without Miko can only have two Owls up, Diev-Miko can have 5 Owls up at once, eternal Carving Tree and other statues. In long static fights it’s pretty amazing and useful (also makes you save SP).

For PvE yes, usually. If PD is taken as a filler for a Palinquisitor or if it’s mixed with Chaplain, usually people go STR or SPR instead though.

Difficult to say since PD works well with everything. Priest-Chaplain would make you needed and useful in pretty much any scenarios, you’d be SPR too so you wouldn’t need to worry about your SP.
The other builds might not be as versatile but Sadhu will bring you good extra damages/boost, while Diev is useful and can easily solo about anything.

If you don’t want any regret, you should look what classes sound fun to you. Do you like the idea of carving ? Do you not care if Diev is a more static class ?
Do you like Sadhu’s boost, the idea of taking your soul out to explode it, and Possession’s CC ?
Do you like Bokor’s evil theme, the idea of cursing and tormenting your enemies, having your own zombies harem ?
Do you want to be able to be a strong support while still doing damages ?
PD honestly and truly works well with almost anything, so for your ranks 3 to 6 you can have the luxury of simply taking what sounds fun/interesting to play for you.

5 Likes

Shilling: An Intermediate Guide to Clerics for obvious reasons.

Don’t put much stock in the tos subreddit, most idiots who get run off these forums for giving rubbish advice end up there.

And do you want r9 proofed advice? We’re likely to get that patch in 1-2 months but we should get a reset event then anyway.

IMO you’d be looking at one of these builds:

Int builds:

Cleric2/x/Paladin3/Plague Doctor3. (r9 only)
Relies on Sanctuary to boost the pd dmg spells, or 2h weapon + demolition for more dmg during the downtime. Both are burst dmg oriented and have a ton of utility to boot.

Cleric2/Bokor3/x/Plague Doctor3.
Bokor as always is really powerful and benefits from pandemic quite a bit, but it’s rng based and relies on zombies so it isn’t everyone’s favorite.

Cleric2/x/Sadhu3/Plague Doctor3.
Sadhu3 is a really nice middle of the road option as TP buffs all spell dmg and has decent aoe’s to boot. Simple and effective.

Cleric2/Krivis3/x/Plague Doctor3. (r9 only)
Krivis3 post buff is quite decent, but kind of acts as a worse version of the sadhu variant. It is plenty viable however and melstis can be a huge asset to a party.

Basically, I’d say bokor/sadhu/pd are somewhat evenly matched due to similar dmg but all have slight twists that give them an edge in some situations.

Spr builds:

Cleric2/Bokor3/x/PD3 (r9)
Zombies got quite a buff in ktos, so relying on them for the majority of dmg is quite good.
The PD part will take a hit dmg wise, but it’s not a huge issue.

Cleric2/Diev3/Miko/PD3
Since diev owls are now minions in ktos they can deal some pretty insane dmg.
The old issue of owls being stationary still applies and as such it’s not the ideal approach to every situation.

Chaplain build:

Cleric/Priest3/Chaplain/x/PD3
The standard current chap PD combo, at r9 stats it’ll perform well as any mix of int/spr/dex to your liking.
It doesn’t quite have the punch the other builds have tbh, but it’s very easy to use and has a ton of support.

Pardoner/PD doesn’t work well sadly enough. DE is quite good, but pandemic grabs a random debuff instead of the longest to spread…

Cleric3+Miko+ PD is also quite nice. Esp vs bosses but outside of that it just isn’t as good.

This is a bit barebones to save time, so if you see one you like just ask more questions.

In terms of the already asked questions:

• Diev, Priest and Cleric3 are common r3 fillers. Diev is chosen primarily for the -20% cd reduction on laima and 2 debuffs it brings to enable an easy incineration. Bokor isn’t as good as that’s solely for hexing+effigy synergy with pandemic.

• Chaplain allows for auto attacks to deal a ton of dmg regardless in addition to your debuffs, essentially making the playstyle more active.

• I don’t know, but I can guarantee it’s not for any meaningful reason.

• If you go diev3 then Miko is a must have due to clap, Int dmg seems quite worthless atm for it but needs additional testing after the r9 patch hits. Spr is a safer bet.

• No. But most are.

• Imo if you want to go ET then avoid bokor. And having priest1 as filler can be really nice there.
    Diev is not really ideal for dungeons due to its stationary nature either, but it can do quite well in HG’s and challenges.

You can find build examples at my first link btw.

5 Likes

For shits n giggles ill list some PD3 pvp builds:

Cleric2/Priest3/x/PD3, where x = recommended oracle: Excellent healing and support, very resilient build.

Cleric2/Diev3/x/PD3: Same idea but with diev3 instead. Could go miko for added statue buffs but still probably better off with oracle. Less healing, but adds ausrine for an on-demand immunity.

Cleric2/Bokor3/x/PD3: Mackangdal for damage immunity, heavy offense. Might want priest1 for resurrection.

Cleric1/Krivis3/Bokor2/PD3: Melstis makes everything better! More duration on Mackangdal, Bloodletting, Methadone, Beak Mask, all the fun stuff. Rest of krivis skills are OK but focus is on Mels. Heavy Offense. Very poor healing, niche build.

1 Like

I plan to build C1-P3-Chap-Krivis3-Inq after changes, that Daino auto attack build with tons lines of damage ^-^ My question is INT or DEX or maybe both ? x_x Please someone halp :confounded: Ping : 130~190 ms (God, why ?)

There is a video on a PD3 that can solo miki if you want miki gear - the need to look for a group. IMHO it’s not because of the PD part of the build but rather the fortress part of the build. I think any fortress build can solo miki when r9 comes out. The PD in the video is SPR though not INT.

I think it was c2-d3-miko-pd3. The owl fortress is what carries the build since miki is a “1 room fight” that makes full use of the fact that statues can’t move.

Outside of ET the build is still good (that’s where the pd part of the build will carry you).

You can’t have Kabbalist and Plague Doctor C3 in one build,though, because we’re currently at Rank 9, so it’s either Kabba>PD2 or Oracle>PD3.

@endyminion
There is no best Plague Doctor variation. Every Plague Doctor build has other supports additionally to the Plague Doctors arsonal, but Plague Doctor is already perfect as it has damage,healing,debuff immunity and now even a Pain Barrier.

If we talk about which builds give most additional damage, the Bokor and Sadhu variations are better, if you want some more utility, Diev is the best choice, and if you want the best complementation to your Plague Doctor,you go for Pardoner to boost your Plague Doctors debuff durations (maybe something like Cleric3[or C2>Diev]>Bokor>Pardoner2>PD3).

Note that this build is not the one with the most damage but the one that complements Plague Doctor the most as you can deal more DoT with longer debuff durations (up to +85% with level 12 Discerning Evil). Another possibility would be C2>Bokor3>Pardoner>PD3, with more damage and less utility(only up to 60% more debuff duration with Discerning Evil).

Krivis in a PD build is pretty uncommon and not so adviseable unless you want to advance towards Taoist at Rank 10. Imo Taoist has the least synergy with Plague Doctor, as he(Taoist) is basically a strong,fast-damaging supporter, while Plague Doctor damages over time, so going Krivis for additional fire property damage,INT bonus and possibly magic-based autoattacking might not be such a good choice if you’re after damage.

Utilitywise, Krivis isn’t shabby but also not really good, additional critdamage boost is ok but doesn’t help that much, Aukuras healing over time depends too much on other players CON to be effective[i.e. the stat nearly noone has for PVE for whatever reason] and Divine Stigma is pretty much presenting diminishing results if you already have a high INT/STR value.

While putting everything into INT for that average 2,5 matk per point of INT might sound tempting, I’d advise everyone not to do this. Spending some points on SPR and/or CON always helps with progressing smoother as you need less ressources (SP pots/repairs if you’ve got a shield equipped,enabling blocking of attacks).

If we’re talking about normal farming, the Bokor variation would be better as it’s very mobile and has high damage output with Effigy.

If we’re talking about ET and new Challenge mode, Diev is better as you’re going to have to stay in a specific area all the time > ideal for Dievdirbys’ statues.

1 Like

Good point. Edited my post.

It’s not possible to farm ET solo.
If you mean “who can solo a boss” then sure, but they can’t solo all of Miki.
But yes, Diev-Miko-PD can so easily farm anything. The Owls will tank and damage, Carve World Tree will silence the mobs, Ausrine will make you invincible, Laima will reduce your cd, Zemyna reduce your SP consumption, Miko’s Clap will make your statues eternal while increasing their levels, Hamaya is a nice extra aoe, and PD has great aoes. The best part is that Diev’s statues will debuff the mobs, boosting your PD skills a little more.

Do you not care if Diev is a more static class ?

No i dont. I like Diev, but i never got a static fight to make him shine

Do you like Sadhu’s boost, the idea of taking your soul out to explode it, and Possession’s CC ?

Yes, a lot! When i play the beta my main was a Sadhu, but when the game lauchs he got so many bugs that i abandon him. Thats make me very Sadhu

Do you like Bokor’s evil theme, the idea of cursing and tormenting your enemies, having your own zombies harem ?

Yes, and those zombies are so cute!!!

Do you want to be able to be a strong support while still doing damages ?

Yes, please!!! Feels good to be OP!!!

I think this will be the build: Cleric C2 > Bokor > Sadhu C3 > Plague C2 and 3
And if i got spare time the Cleric C2 > Diev C3 > Miko > Plague C2 and 3 will be build.

What do you think?

I like the idea of Pardoner to boost the debuff durations!
If you build with Pardoner what would be?

Even with the Krivis rework you think he is not a good contender?

I never try the PvP on TOS, is that fun like the old days of Warhammer Online?

I think about this one in the future, it seems very strong dmg and suport wise.
Cleric C2 > Diev C3 > Miko > Plague C3

Like you said, there is no absolute PD build, not yet.
So ill use this event ant try at least to build 3 variants on all you guys recommendation. <3

It is more similar to pvp on Ragnarok Online, but slower paced and more based on positioning.

I have a Cleric 2 Diev 3 Miko PD 2 (PD3 at R9), it’s really strong, indeed. It can do anything. Diev 3 brings damages mitigation, protection, utility and extra DPS, PD3 brings the amazing Healing Factor, debuffs protection and great aoe DPS. Miko brings extra utility and makes your Diev 3 shine.
Now that the Owls work as minions, it’ll be even stronger.

I also have a Sadhu 3, but I didn’t go the PD path with her since I already had one. I went the Taoist path, so she’s good damages and utility. I also mained a Sadhu in CBT so I could never give up on it ;w; I fell in love with it in CBT.
Although I didn’t take Bokor 1 but Diev 1 instead. Because Transmit Prana is amazing, and also I have troubles giving up on Diev 1 x)

But really, they’re both strong builds who can easily solo and also be useful. For everyday play I like Sadhu better because it isn’t as static as Diev and the SP consumption is low, but they’re both some of my favourite characters~

I wouldn’t recommend going Pardoner-PD because like Wurmheart said “DE is quite good, but pandemic grabs a random debuff instead of the longest to spread…”. Pardoner won’t bring much except for Discerning Evil, but it isn’t as good or useful as it used to be.

2 Likes

the diev- PD that you use is full con or full SPR? and do you think that a build cleric-bok1-sadhu-3-PD 3 is good for the rank 9?

Full INT at the moment, since it’s not a main char and I don’t work on his weapon. If I were to change I’d go full CON, but this character never dies because of Ausrine so it’s not because he needs survivability. I guess I’ll try full SPR once we get the update where Owls’ damages scale with SPR, but I don’t think it’d be worth it for just one skill that isn’t your main attack.

Yes~ Actually since Sadhu’s Possession can be interrupted by knock backs and knock downs, PD3’s protection buff will help quite a lot. And it’s cheaper than 3 Gazing Golems if you want to save a bit.

which way is better if go full spr any suggest ?

cl2 pri3 chap pd3

or cl2 pri3 bo1 pd3

Clearly the first one.

1 Like

Hey Remirl,

I want to make a TBL, tankly-full con build, with high utility, should I go Cleric2/Priest3/x/PD3 or Cleric2/Diev3/x/PD3. Thoughts?