Tree of Savior Forum

[Mega Polls!] Regarding some of the big hot button issues to be used as feedback for imc

DISCLAIMER: These poll results may not reflect opinions of people who have actually played ToS. That said, opinions do not emerge from the aether, and are indicative of areas that imc should probably address in some official capacity.

3/28/16: POLLS ARE NOW CLOSED!! (current time 10 PM EST)
Will we look back and laugh at how silly our worries were?

I thought it would be useful to create some polls to give imc staff and devs a clear view of how the community as a whole is reacting to various issues that have been popping up regarding:

What should be done about cash shop magic scrolls?

• They are fine as is
  • Their effects should be nerfed in some way
  • They should be completely removed
  • Something else -
    Please specify in forums below
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Magic scroll discussion should go Here or Here

What do people think about the +3 move speed buff for token users?

• The move bonus is fine as is
  • The move bonus should be removed
  • The move speed bonus should only apply in PvE
  • Something else -
    Please specify in forum below
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Token move speed buff discussion should go Here

How many dungeon entrances a day should be reasonable? (with a token) and [without a token]?

• (10+) [8+] entrances a day
  • (10) [8] entrances a day
  • (9) [7] entrances a day
  • (8) [6] entrances a day
  • (7) [5] entrances a day
  • (6) [4] entrances a day
  • (5) [3] entrances a day
  • (4) [2] entrances a day
  • Token and non-token players should have equal number of runs (specify)
  • Other preference (specify)
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Further discussion on dungeon entrance limits can go Here

EDIT: I strongly regret not adding an “Anti-Hacking/Anti-Botting Measures” option as it completely slipped my mind! Mea maxima culpa

EDIT2: One nice thing I found out though is that iToS will be using Valve Anti-Cheat

If you had to choose one thing for imc to make a major focus for the next ~1 month of development or so what would it be?

• Fixing bugs!
  • Balancing current classes!
  • Developing more classes!
  • Developing more PvE content!
  • Developing more PvP content!
  • Something else - please specify in this thread!
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Overall, how satisfied are you with imc actions and responses so far?

• Very Satisfied!
  • Fairly Satisfied!
  • Mixed Satisfaction!
  • Fairly Unsatisfied!
  • Very Unsatisfied!
  • No Opinion

0 voters

There are of course numerous other issues, one I can think of off the top of my head is Trading Restrictions. Because the issue is complex I couldn’t distill options into a neat and clean poll form but check out that thread if you’re interested.

Anyways! Hopefully this thread is useful for the community as well as the staff and devs of imc! And hopefully the results can be used as proof to help sway future directions in some way!

25 Likes

About dungeon entrances - I think there should be less overall, but only after the rest of the game is changed around it. If they make open world grinding viable/worthwhile, people will have incentive to move outside of the instances. Then you won’t need to run the same instance/mission 5 times every day. Running the same dungeon 5 times gets pretty boring, too.

I don’t think it’s completely fair to talk about dungeon entrances right now, as if you only change that without changing anything else, then it’s clear that you want at least 4+ entrances a day, and that more is better.

However the dungeons/missions are a problem, because they’re the best thing to do, people log on, crowd around the misson/dungeon entrance while in queue, do their 5 runs, and log off. The open world areas become wasted, only useful for doing quests once and never returning. When you’re lvling, you don’t see anyone on the maps, they’re completely empty.

18 Likes

The drop rate should be increased

3 Likes

@Daenerys

Doh
 forgot that option! Thanks for mentioning this possibility!!

What’s a reasonable drop probability though? 0.1%? 0.5%? higher? lower?

Maybe 3-5%? People will need to get a lot of them.

1 Like

Very good point I should add that as a disclaimer!

EDIT: Errr
 it occurs to me
 does anyone know if changing/editing a poll post resets the polls?

1 Like

Magic Scrolls: RNG Removed from stats, and value become less dispersed (like current minimal ±20%). 3 scrolls per headgear, 1 scroll=1slot. Only 1 headgear active(meaning you can wear 3 but will gain stats only from 1 in active slot). Cost adjusted to 6-10. If you apply scroll and chose stat hg already has it will reroll. You can’t apply a new stat on a headgear with 3 active stats(only reroll).

MS should be 5 out of combat instead (until deal/recieve damage, then 10 sec CD).

Dungeon Entrances a day should be 5+1(ACCOUNT WIDE!!!, just as missions etc.). Add a much harder daily dungeon with 10x drop rate and 4x xp rate using your full stacks of dungeon entrances (so 5 for f2p, 6 for paying). It will help those who want to go dungeons with their party, and those who don’t like repeating the same dungeon 5 times. This way repetitive dungeons will bring more EXP while harder dungeons more loot.

You can create a new one and try though)
I doubt it resets.

3-5% is way too high there has to be rare enough :o

If you take into account the fact you need on average ~7.12mil scrolls to get a headgear with the max value of 3 specific stats, or 13.4k scrolls just to get the 3 stats you want regardless of value, I don’t think 5% is too high.

(my math is based on the assumption this math is correct: UPDATED Hair Accessory Enchantment Odds and Prices)

Reasons why Magic Enchant items should not be in the cash shop:

1. Head gears are cosmetic and have sentimental value, if they should have stats then the headgears themselves should have very specific effects that can be obtained through casual play, hunting materials to craft them, etc.

2. Encourages stat enhancing through boosters and slot machine system, more money you spend the better the stats. This is Pay2Win and gives players an unnecessary advantage when the game is just fine without it.

3. Cash items should not have precedant over in-game mechanists. ie, Alchemist skill Awakening, Grinding to get good gear, gem enhancers, helping your guildies by giving them your old items and gear, off-hand weapon giving boost to attack power, etc.

We should consider having DLC Starter Packs that you can only purchase once for a cheaper price than buying TP directly and provides casuals with appropriate advantages at the start without being Pay2Win.

Some things these DLC packs might include:

• Companion coupon
  • Costume coupon (Instead of TP), can be used in the cash shop to purchase 1x costume.
  • Hairstyle coupon, can be used in the cash shop to purchase 1 x 198 TP hairstyle.
  • 1 x 30 day Token
  • Potions ( hp, sp and movement speed)
  • 5 x Dungeon reset
  • 10 x Exp books
  • 30 x level 3 EXP Cards
  • 20 x level 4 EXP Cards (help to get a small headstart and doesn’t effect your character’s stats in any way.

Another suggestion is to add exp bonus when partying outside of dungeons to allow f2p players to compete at least casually. This encourages social interaction in the game and enables the community to work together more freely.

Having alternative ways of leveling with your friends will keep things fresh and people won’t get burnt out so easily.

There are alternatives to transferring silver or items to your characters. The issue is more that players have to use the work around methods in the first place to help their alts.

This is unfriendly and discourages a large portion of the community. Especially those new to the game.

Read what you can :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If we’re talking about drop rates, they should be moved out of instance dungeons ( which are limited per day, and the amount of runs/day could potentially be reduced later ) because those can’t really be farmed.

2 Likes

Hmm
 one possible consequence of allowing farming of these scrolls though is that it might become a bot using RMT seller’s dream
 We humans would probably get tired trying to even get anywhere near 7.12 million scrolls to get ‘perfectly’ rolled costume gear
 bots don’t and you can bet RMT farmers/bots would try to sell such things for real money (undercutting imc) if the drop rates were remotely high

As far as I know some MMOs do that to limit how much a person can get per day/week, or else some people would get BiS too fast.

I think FF14 does that, or at least did when I played.

@chronosanct

I suggest the move speed poll to be modified to include +3 Move Speed to everyone and removing it from the Token.

Glad someone make a mega poll, now IMC can actually see our opinion in an easier way and do something about it.

OP should include in the poll about whether making the 1:1 trading as default feature or not.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Perhaps the options could be like:

1. Unrestricted 1:1 Trade for all users
  2. Restricted Trade for free users, Unrestricted Trade for token users
  3. Restricted Trade for all users
  4. No Trade for free users, Restricted Trade for token users.
  5. No Trade for all users
    *Restrictions means things like limited or no silver trade, some items and quantities can’t be traded etc. So not entirely no trade, but limited trade.
1 Like

cash shop and token system revisit

Why revisit it? Whst you dont like in it? How you think they neex to do it.