Tree of Savior Forum

Don't remove magic scrolls

I’m not sure auto-atk is that good though at the end game (earth tower)
I think it’s more about elementalist Frost Cloud and Chronmancer Pass…

Every elemental ability benefits a lot from those property attacks, because it’ll make a huge difference if used vs proper element and it’ll proc on those ground spells just as well.

I gave an example of Chaplaim just to demonstrate hom impactful it can be for 1 character.

And imagine QS with those buffs. It’ll be 3k bonus damage per attack, so ~10k DPS.

It’s not a joke.

On ground spells like frostcould it will be a flat 396 damage max.
When one tick already hits in the 8000+ (on the videos I saw)

Yes it’s good for a QS3 running shooter, but I’m not that impressed since it’s a C4 skill and only auto-attacking one enemy at a time…

@ShyBoo Something you say in the OP and throughout the thread is bugging me here. You say that the stats are minimal, and they don’t effect endgame. Have you played to endgame? Can you back that up with anything? As far as I can see, the combined stats you can get from 3 headgears ( not even perfect rolls ) still make a significant difference at lvl 280.

@Daenerys
You should probably re-do that response. The item does not drop at anywhere near a reasonable rate. As I’ve said ( and you’ve read, so you already know this ) my entire experience dungeoning post-scrolls in kToS I’ve not gotten a single scroll drop - and that’s 300+ boxes with a chance to drop them. By that logic it’s okay if they start putting in stat boosters for $1 in the cash stop, that give +10~20 to a stat, as long as it drops by 0.002% from a boss.

@thebloodyaugust Read above.

I don’t know how far I will participate in this thread, given that it’s mostly 3-4 people talking to each other for 200 posts, rather than many voices from the community giving their feedback.

2 Likes

Did the drop rate come down? when they first showed up in ktos im pretty sure in the forums it was figured to be in the 20-30% area.

As I’ve said, and you have probably read, I think the drop rate should be increased to a reasonable rate.

I agree that a rate < 1/300 is way too low and is pretty close to putting scrolls behind a paywall.

No, that’s incorrect information. I played kToS since it started, and through the introduction of the magic scrolls. I was continually dungeoning and obtaining instance boss boxes as well.

If the drop rate were reasonable, and the drop moved out of instance dungeons ( which can’t be farmed, since they are limited per day and entries limited by token, and there’s also a possibility that they will be limited even more ) - then it wouldn’t matter that these scrolls are in the cash shop.

As it is now these just set a bad precedent for what is acceptable to put in the cash shop. Sure, at lvl 500 when there’s more content and every stat is scaled up these magic scrolls may not matter. If we never said that we didn’t like them when they did matter at lvl 1-280, what’s to stop IMC from implementing a more powerful RNG item in the cash shop, that is worth buying at higher levels too?

I feel like some people are being incredibly short sighted when they don’t see that it’s not specifically the magic scrolls alone that are the problem, but what is to come in the future because these already exist on release.

@Daenerys the drop rate should be increased as a possible solution. I have read, and that is why your response confuses me. The problem is that in that reply you essentially said that it wasn’t p2w because it dropped as a f2p drop. It would make more sense if you were against the magic scrolls in their current implementation and were advocating for an increased drop. In @elysium’s post he even says that the drop rate should be increased, so it doesn’t make sense for you to disagree with him.

4 Likes

Ok, sorry for the confusion. Just to clarify; I do not think it is P2W if it drops as a F2P drop at a reasonable rate. Based on your experience, it does not drop at a reasonable rate, so I am in favor of increasing the drop rates until they become reasonable.

The basic point I am trying to make is the the core concept of Magic Scrolls isn’t P2W. They don’t need to be removed entirely. The developers may just need to tweak a few numbers around (i.e. drop rate, possibly max stats [nobody knows what the real end-game is like and if these stats make a significant impact, so we can only really speculate on the impact these stats make]).

3 Likes

Yup, and I agree with that. The important thing is that there needs to be a change, they aren’t okay in their current form.

Do note that some of us kToSers have played to current endgame and can see the impact. The added affects of the headgear enchants ( even on non-perfect rolls ) can almost add up to the same effect as a best-in-slot item, the mana-mana.

4 Likes

This makes me think that it would be better to just remove these kinds of items as the potential for more items in the future that are like magic scrolls or worse seems to be likely in my mind.

1 Like

I think the problem is that there will be a lot of resentment built up from players that need their AoE ratio hat. We end up doing the monetization model too close to P2W we’ill end up like Perfect World Entertainment… The game will have an expiration date on it. And the brand will slide down hill till the average player wont even try the games they make. Let me remind you how bad PWE is doing right now in the last few quarters even though they’ve made some good games.

Whaling as PWE has proven is not sustainable. That’s why PWE is trying to pull away from F2P cause no one want to even try their games anymore… And that’s a big problem.

2 Likes

I agree with that. P2W still has a component called accessibility. If it’s crazy OP, but crazy accessible, no one would give a second thought (arde dagger).

The problem with magic scroll is that its accessibility is limited / low. Which is why it will create a power gap within subgroups of the population (bad for game balance).

Back to topic:

Also, come-on, can I get what I want without gambling for it? If I’m paying for something, I don’t want a “chance” of getting it. Give people what they want, don’t drive them away (pissed gambler that spent $10,000 and can’t get it).

The only circumstance I can accept Magic scroll being left in the game is if the went through serious changes.

• Get rid of gambling
  • Increase its in game drop chance to balance with the convenience of just getting it from cash shop

If that can’t be done, I believe it might be a better choice for the game / community to just remove it.

2 Likes

I just want to wear my hats, I kept switching them when I played :c
not that I dont support the scrolls, but same suggestion as increasing to a reasonable drop rate

2 Likes

Wow. I cant believe people actually support buying stats in CS. If you guys let IMC have their way, dont you guys think that there will be Mega Magic Scrolls or Ultra Magic Scrolls in the future?

2 Likes

Will not happen, only players who are millionaires gain “advantage” from them (and i doubt millionaires play F2P MMOs, they rather travel world) since you have 0.000001 % chance to get your fav headgears plus with perfect T3 stats with Magic Scrolls, but if you grind your chance is 0.01 % and with Alchemist you have 1 % chance to get that T3 crit chance bonus headgear so that make PVE method millions times better than real cash ever will :slight_smile:

No, remove magic scrolls from cash shop. If you want to them, add just for drop. Magic scroll in cash shop is p2w

2 Likes

You can get the hat with perfect stat distribution and random numbers for 200$. It’s clearly an advantage. Nobody will spend thousands of dollars to get mythical perfect stats. Getting AoE attack, MS and P/Mattack is enough.

Not sure what do you mean by Alchemist though, I doubt he can enhanse headgear, and for sure he can’t do it indefinitely. Even if he can apply the effect similar to a scroll on headgear, chance is, as you said, 1 % while for 200$ you get almost 100%.

200$ to get a perfect gear is p2w already. Magic scroll drop rate is too low and 200 dollars are way too much.

200 dollars is like 60% of most of brazilian’s salary. And brazilian community is 20% of the game.

■■■■ this, 200$ is too much even for american standards. No everyone have 200$ to spent in a game just to get one of the three imperfect hats.

Magic scroll should be drop only.

1 Like

Alchemist=Blacksmith=Crafter=Enchanter :slight_smile: Plus max what all 3 give is 3 % is it really worth to put 200$ and get only 3 % bonus hp or anything else when Elementalist 1 hit you (even under geared ele) ?

That’s exactly what I mean. If it was impossible to get a perfect headgear or if stats were really cheap (like no RNG for stats choice for example, only for numbers), then it would be quite acceptable, at least, even at a price of 10-15 TP. But drop rate should be increased fore sure.

If we could buy the cheapest pack/get 3 scrolls for average stats, it would be acceptable. Right now it’s not.