Tree of Savior Forum

Fuss about state of the game is nonsense

I can overlook the technical issues like bugs and lags, these will go away by themself eventually.

However, it’s much harder to ignore that this game is a disappointment in terms of mechanics and gameplay, and I’m not seeing that this will change anytime soon.

Oh well, can’t be helped. I’ll find something new to obsess over for the next 5 years

1 Like

I’m sorry, I thought I was paying for founders access to a completed game as was advertised. No one said ■■■■ about this being a pay to access beta test.

Oh yeah… pure nonsense lol

I for one want this ship to be turned around asap because I see the iceberg coming. (maybe we’ve already hit the iceberg and we need to make some extreme repairs… I don’t know, this analogy isn’t perfect >_>)

4 Likes

bet you more than half of them reviews are people who mmo jump from one to another, happens all the time, after a few weeks/months everything will die down

1 Like

“Completed”? So you surely thought that there will be no patches, DLCs or content added. Thats what completed suggests. You have dope brain.

But lets assume there is something like completed/finished MMO… then… what if i told you ToS is finished BUT NOT flawless? I’ll give you like 1 week maybe you will understand the point.

You sir are pure cancer…

wouldnt mind also about lag and bugs that are not game breaking

but things like unable to do any dungeon
disconnecting while entering a dungeon that you failed to enter
going into queue because the game kicked you out
trading only for the token users and still limited to 30 a month ($0.6 per trade)
Market commission being too high and the silver from the sold item can be retrieved 2 days after getting sold.

man… issue like trading should be easily solved but imc focus on bots and rmt that they are disregarding the playerbase and also the crafting class.

for the queue if they got like 50k from sales they should expect around 75k-150k of players from sales but no they only calculated what was shown to them and didnt expect anything beyond that.

for the dungeon i dont have any comment on it since it is from the server side so i have no solution to propose

From you? I take that as a badge of honor. What have you done to try to make this game a success? Here’s some data I’ve tried to get imc to see:

Counterexample:

Uploading…

93% positive 29,393 reviews

how is that a good counter example ?

You’re right, this game is not in it’s beta stage, in fact, it’s in it’s final stage of production.

I like how people keep mixing up “Exclusive Access” (As advertised on steam) and “Early Access” (Which this game is not).

Before people yelling at me saying that I am nitpicking words, it’s actually really two different things. If it’s “Early Access” you will see an Early Access box in the steam store page saying “Early Access Game” following up with the developer describing the potential risks of purchasing game. But NOPE, there is no such section in the steam store page, so one can assume it’s a finished product, otherwise it should be considered as false advertising, right now you see nothing on the store page saying that the game is still in beta.

Patches are things that are released when the game is completed and polished (And with as much bugs fixed as possible), but apparently some bugs during closed beta were never fixed and the launch day was a disaster.

Content updates are just basically they are going back to the beginning of the production cycle of the game over and over again. People are currently mad because this game is currently not very shippable due to it’s instability, in fact it’s quite broken.

1 Like

You are talking about game jumpers bringing down the review. Those same jumpers would have hit games like the one I linked as well. Yet I don’t see the ratings sinking. Why do you think that is?

1 Like

that game has been out alot longer than ToS has, most of the reviews are people jumping in the game, moaning about server lag and crashing and then writing a review, play the game for a long time first before posting a review

and because path of exile has been out longer i bet you most of the problems have been fixed which = more and better reviews

come and check ToS in a few years time, i bet the rating will be far more postive and more up there

Damage is done OP. Have you seen Steam reviews?

I want the game to succeed, I like it. But I also realize that criticism is a -good- thing, when it’s constructive.

1 Like

I can only hope so, but since I was around for PoE’s launch, I know what you’re arguing is not true. For ToS? We’ll see.

1 Like

I understand everyone’s frustration about what’s currently happening. But I would like to clarify something to people who are somehow “new” or to those people who haven’t played dozens and dozens of MMORPGs throughout the decades.

I’ve never seen/encountered an MMORPG that was “complete”, if by the definition of the general people by this is a perfect game with no or almost no glitches and bugs. Unfortunately, there was never an MMORPG that was released “complete”, even throughout several rectifications the game itself would not meet the standards most people are expecting which is a “complete” game that they paid for.

I won’t ask people to chill out because I understand the frustration going on, I just wanted to clarify that all MMORPG’s are constantly striving for perfection but none of them has ever achieved it, there’s no perfect game. Let’s give IMC a break, none of our rants will make our money worthwhile nor will it help rectify the ongoing problem the company and its gamers are facing.

The DEGREE of “hate” is unsubstantiated. This isn’t a triple A game with the resources to do most of what we expect and we are expecting too much. The IMC team consists of a floor of a building in Gangnam, Korea which is… small to say the least.

However, the outcry is warranted by the mere fact that the more we complain, the more they are aware of the situation and motivated to change. The only reason my classes (I’m a teacher) are so good the way they are now is because I took all my student’s criticisms to heart and implemented the changes they wanted. I didn’t Implement ALL of them, and I sure as hell didn’t give out experience tomes everytime ■■■■ hit the fan but I did do the changes, that I thought that were valid.

Which is where I think IMC’s major fault is. Their decision making is very narrow, much like the game. Extremely questionable choices were made from game design, implementation, to marketing.

Just as an example, take a look at the keyboard functions and commands. CLEARLY, it was made with design choices revolving around controllers and keyboard. It was meant to play like a console game. We all know why they did it with the steam box hype, android/tablet compatibility, etc etc. But they failed to consider exactly how many people are ACTUALLY playing on mouse and keyboard. The VAST majority are keyboard and mouse and much of the functionality is broken and clunky. Not to mention using arrows to control. I don’t know if they’re aware but most people use ASWD to move. It would have been better to keep that to move and use something like numlock for spells. But even then you get weird situations where archers are better with mouse. Too many questionable design choices.

Another extremely questionable choice more related to the complaints is server division. Now, IMC didn’t know how big the divide between BR’s and NA would divide the servers. Frankly, it’s unwarranted too, BR’s don’t have the plague and are actually quite nice people. But they should have started with 4 separate servers. NA East, NA West, Europe, SEA. That’s virtually how all MMOs generally divide it. 2 Servers CLEARLY wouldn’t cut it. And all of them on NA East? Servers aren’t THAT expensive and the overhead costs are beans compared to how much the quality increases with the little investment they put in. They tend to air on the side of financial caution rather than quality assurance.

And that’s where games deteriorate, as with anything. When you’re more concerned with money, you cut corners and make horrible choices. Hope for change.

3 Likes