Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

Hence I said

/20characters

I liked your comment. Was just stating that there was no confusion. But thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

Yes but thats where account storage comes in. Since its for one of your own characters its not circulating in the economy so it shouldn’t lose potential through account storage. Currently it does but that is how i would fix it, because the trade potential loss is a good thing for long term health of the economy.

2 Likes

All in all, I guess I can agree with their terms, except for one that I need to clarify:

+3 Movement speed is strange, really. I can’t accept to see something like this on PvP which gives a straight advantage to Token players over F2P players. This is the most tolerance I can give to this token feature.

doesn’t work in arena it does however work during gvg since there in fields which i dislike.

Hence why melee characters can dash. Unfortunately this is more an issue with balancing than +3 movement speed being an advantage, it isn’t. Not with the current content available in the game.

However melee are at a horrible disadvantage due to their own mechanics and builds. Only specific builds work well for swordsman in PvP, which I won’t go into here.

But I understand your concern.

@BlaXun This is another option if IMC were to implement it. Limitations would create a safety net for players to trade amongst their own characters.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

You can farm gear for your other chars. If an item has 10 potential and you loose 1 due to trade to another char it is rather insignificant. In the future they may change something as they see how the game goes along. Until than I´m more then willing to take it as I like the whole idea behind the potential system of removing equip from the game.

[quote=“thebloodyaugust”, post:142, topic:153003]
doesn’t work in arena it does however work during gvg since there in fields which i dislike.[/quote]
I’m glad to hear that it doesn’t work in Arena, but it also shouldn’t work in GvGs either… quite concerning, really.

My concern is more of whether these players can avoid spells easier, or capture objectives faster than F2P players in PvP, which, if yes, then it’s an advantage.

Melee though, you’re right. I played CBT as a Cleric and a Swordsman myself to see so many of those players using either that kind of build, or it’s a failure. I tried Cleric and most build works okay with my own combination, but the Swordies do feel much weaker on a different build and I do feel like my choice of classes are usually worse than the “meta”. I agree with you.

Well, I wasn’t sure if I was going to actually play Tree of Savior since the Beta Test made the game feel really boring and awful. Now that they’ve added all of these features that you have no access to unless you buy these tokens? There’s no way I’m going to play Tree of Savior. A snowball would be more likely to plunge to the bottom of an active volcano and come out unmelted than I would to play this game with all the crap IMC is doing. It was a fun dream while it lasted ToS. Good luck with your Saviors. I’m going back to Ragnarok Online.

I think they want to avoid crafter class overflooding. Because if silver trading was allowed crafter classes’d become obligatory.

And there will be no point in farming money for lower level characters at all (so maxed attributes from lvl 1).

But they should allow item trading for everyone, not only token users. At least 1 item per week or 5 per month to trade the most important items between your friends/characters.

And for god’s sake, don’t touch the potentiall loss.

It encourages people to constantly get more items. 1 potential out of 12 is not a big price.

And item shouldn’t be transferred from character to character indefinitely.

Also potential loss from giving your items to other characters is important because it prevents players from mindlessly giving the best equipment to their lower level character and limits silver transfer inside the account, which is a good thing. You have to choose if you want to sell this item on the auction or give it to other character and then sell cheaper.

This way you will still be happy when getting a cool item on lower level character because it will have at least 2 more potential then item bought from market and given to it by higher level charactet.

That is total bullshit. That would mean in any game with crafting you have to partake in it to fund your other characters. Lots of people in ff14 and wow never touch crafting. This is enough proof that this excuse is bullshit. Beyond that their numbers would be self regulating as the more of them there are the lower prices go. After a certain threshold players would deem it unworth the time/effort and the numbers would go down as people wouldnt make them or existing ones wouldnt be played anymore.

Obviously IMC doesn’t consider trades as part of playing the game so by their definition, TOS is free to play.

1 Like

Yeah, but look at kToS.

And not every game have such crafting system. As I know you can simply get crafting skills on a 100% fighter. The same goes to GW2. Not played FF14 though.

While in ToS crafters grant PASSIVE income. So they will become obligatiry since you can play your main while your crafter earning money.

By restricting miney transfer they make crafters less must have option increasing crafted items cost at the same time.

Though it needs some more restrictions for the market (you can just buy item placef by your friend for 1m). Maybe adding silver transfer with -50% tax would be nice, so pasdive money won’t make early levels grinding useless and attributes instantly maxed.

By less useful you mean useless. So people who take the time to make crafters are rewarded? that sounds fair to me. Plus that means buff/repair etc shops would be more plentiful which is a good thing. Letting the trade silver would be a good thing having more would be a good thing.

is there anything you guys wont complain about?

7 Likes

this webnver press guy seems to be misunderstanding our point about 1:1 being locked, as a basic feature that shouldn’t be locked in the first place.

Free stuff i guess?

20 characters

1 Like

Thats exactly what it is at the core. they can say whatever they want. it all comes down to wanting free stuff.

2 Likes

Useless?

1. They are super useful for guilds.
  2. They can make lots of money for themselves and then buy ecpensive items on the market, give it to lower level char and recell at half price. Thus providing it with free money to increase all their attributes.
  3. They provide PASSIVE income, so you don’t need to do anything.
    So now they are VERY USEFUL though not MUST HAVE.

I personally thinking aboit maling Alche as my 1st or 2nd char because of how good they are.

But if they’d become even better then I will have no choice but to make it my 1st char because of how much money it will provide with me doing NOTHING.

That is pure fantasy. 1 Potential to buy of the AH / 1 Potential to trade to other character / 1 Potential required to sell it. A item with 3 potential left probably hasn’t had many upgrades and probably wasn’t expensive.

Nvm i misunderstood i was thinking transferring gear. But that would create a massive loss on your part.