Tree of Savior Forum

*** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

I’ve grouped up a bunch of threads … and there are MANY threads.

Swordies, fair warning to you … Be sure to pick up Pelta (C1) if you want to be invited in a party. Otherwise, you’re going to be soloing from level 200-220+ … Swordsman DPS is garbage. We’re squishy even with upgraded gear +.

If you want to DPS, go Archer or Wizard … Heck, even Priest can out DPS your puny little numbers.

Here is proof:

(look at how weak the damage is on normal mobs, and he has to pop multiple attacks to kill them … )

More in the Swordsman thread. Don’t think IMC cares about this class what-so-ever … I’m beginning to lose hope and … well, maybe it’s time to call it for this game …

76 Likes

Pretty much …

We are only useful as a tank and as a front liner/Disruptor in GVG/PVP

2 Likes

Don’t forget this one:

3 Likes

other than that they secretly trolled fencer giving them all low durability weapons. most of the time my weapon is already at 0 and my armors are still above 30%

4 Likes

This is the same for my archer… I believe its because you are attacking more often than you are taking damage.

mm look at the base durability of rapiers, you’ll see why. even as main tank my weapon durability runs out first.

they’re probably doing this to make the game “realistic” but seriously…

1 Like

The fact that Peltasta is called “ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED” to be considered even functional as a character is discouraging and kind of bad design. If taunting is so useful, more of the Swordsman classes should get one; I’m surprised the Barbarians Warcry doesn’t have some kind of taunt functionality.

19 Likes

it does but the area is too small compared to swash buckling, and it doesn’t generate aggro count, it only makes non aggresive mobs aggresive. so it’s just a semi taunt…kinda

3 Likes

Well, I have to say that we indeed need a buff. Man, I’m a shinobi now and it feels like that I’m actually weaker than I was. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes. Up for this. DPS should be true to itself. We need Scaling Damage! :smiley:

2 Likes

Up!

I’m about to hit 200+ and I’m already starting to feel the pinch.
It is ridiculous that even though I always have to go up close and personal to deal sustained damage, I have to be spending half the time jumping around dodging crap if my priest is not paying attention or just has heals on CD.

And don’t even get me started on swashbuckling. It is impossible to sustain damage from 11 (or was it 12? I can’t remember) monsters if at least half of them are doing bloody magic damage. Wouldn’t even last 3-5 seconds.

6 Likes

But you must know in the early-mid level swordie is AOE god so in the late game if you never pick-up taunt you pretty useless in end-game as mostly all mobs is high hp and painful…

2 Likes

Ok, let me understand this, as a Swordsman player that wants full DPS and no Peltasta.

• Every Swordsman must be a Peltasta. If you are not one, quit the game at level 200+.
  • Swordsman full DPS classes suck because Archer and Wizards are gods late game. Again, no Peltasta? You belong in the trash.

Tree Of Savior Swordsmans in a nutshell: Swash Buckling or GTFO.

Right? Very good skill design after 1000 betas.

11 Likes

I think the OP needs to tag the admins about this unbalance issue and hope they will follow up with it :sweat:

I mean… You guys have 3x more HP than any other class, honestly, did you expect to get even close to DPS like Archer/Wiz? Altho I do agree that something has to be changed. When a class tree is resolved around a single class to be usefull(Like when Liker was OP), something has to be done.

1 Like

Damage? nope.
Tanking? not possible in this game.
Support? dopple/cosair money maker WITH taunt or GTFO

They should make swash buckling a c1 swordsman skill.
Y/N?

11 Likes

Thats like giving a drowning man some water to drink.

1 Like

that is still bad design tbh. what swordsmen need is damage scaling… maybe get their dps on par with archers/ wiz well not exactly on par maybe 3/4 close

3 Likes

great i just hit lvl 165 and now i read that we suck even more as we supposedly grow >.<

2 Likes