Tree of Savior Forum

Level 200+ Swordsman (Any Class) ... Are you doing well?

Going to hit level 200 pretty soon and I keep hearing so many … negative things about Swordsman. No one wants you if you don’t have Peta C1 (minimum), heck … no one wants you for ANYTHING in general because your DPS is bad. It’s not your gear, it’s your skills … The skills need some serious rework.

I saw some Wizard hitting mobs for 15-20K from their summoning a meteor. I mean I know it has a CD, and requires big amount of SP … Oh that’s another thing I want to complain about.

Most classes have SP recovery and HP recovery. Swordsman? … Uh, what is that? Nope. We don’t have that. I’m focusing on DPS ranks. Need to rest for SP, pots are not the answer. They’re used for when you are in a heavy battle, not pulling mobs one after another and then you gotta take a rest and all other casters go take a rest with you when they don’t need to …

Also, Vertical Slash is a piece of crap skill. Barbs are garbage at high-end games (beyond 200) as far as I heard. I don’t know what else to say … Can we get these skills fixed?

Anyone else wanna throw in something?

2 Likes

I sincerely hope IMC puts in more high def stat bosses soon instead of just a huge sponge of an HP

That way, vertical slash will stop being a trash skill.

IDK about other 200+ Swords though as my dragoon friend is happily playing right now with his char at level 253

Is he soloing? I’m sure he’s soloing. If he’s in a party, is he tanking? …

All these threads are so discouraging. IMC is not paying attention to Swordsman at all, too … :confused: Nerfs instead of tweaking and buffs …

Let’s face it Swordie = Tank

That’s why I’m a tanking Cataphract(C1 Pelt) right now All around go for pve and PVP

If you really want to DPS that bad then go for Mages/Archer

These posts about dps swords being useless at 200+ are really depressing. I played support but decided to reroll a dps sword - highlander - barb3 - doppel2 build. A real put down hearing how we’re not even wanted late game. Kinda hard to just drop the character since I really wanted a 2h sword character.

Partying most of the time and no he has no Peltasta C1 but he could probably be a meat shield.

This game is constructed as an open choice of roles though, and the trinity is supposed to be broken by the amount of different classes you can assume throughout the game.
How can it be required to limit yourself to certain classes to be a “viable” dps then? Why is every swordsman automatically considered a tank? I don’t think you can count a Corsair as a tank, or anything besides Pelt / Rodelro, really. Of course some situations require a tanking role, but it’s wrong to expect every swordie to save your ass, especially if they picked their class for a dps build.
It’s as wrong as expecting every cleric to roll C2 just because you regard them as heal bitches.
Obviously real endgame is different, you will need certain roles and proper usage of the holy trinity to make it through things like Earth Tower - other than that it should not be expected from anyone to assume a certain role unless it’s what they planned on doing. I’ve seen so many priests tanking and swordies deal good dps, and I think that’s beautiful.

Re-work swordsman skills to get their dps up to par with wizard and archer builds, please.
Don’t force others to take on a role they don’t enjoy and that is, more often than not, not even suitable for their class and stat build.

4 Likes

Hey guys. Made a thread here:

Go to first post and heart it. Voice your opinion, we need to get IMC to pay attention to Swordsman and at least comment on what they’re going to fix (we ALL know Swordsman classes need to be buffed).

Anyways, make sure you heart and voice your opinion. That’s the General Feedback sub-forum and they look at it a lot.

Good night for now.

1 Like

First of all Im playing a swordsman class right now, I know what you guys mean. However if we ask for buffs so that swordsman are more than tanks right now, DPS classes would whine because they are only DPS while we have the option to be DPS and Tanks.

This is why its hard for them to implement changes like that, because community will always want something.

Well ■■■■ them. Because there is no “tanking” in PvE endgame. There is only Distraction and CC.

I bet you they look at stats and its like, look! There are alot of swordsman players than everyone else.

How about most of those swordsman will end up quitting the game after spending 200 hours (if they are hardcore) 300 if they are relaxed, and realize they need to reroll. Simply because they wanted to do damage, not tank, or support.

right we need buffs. and some other skill reworks. add scaling to rank 7 or 6 classes maybe.

also dps swordsmen are like 1/4 effective vs archers and mages. maybe buff our dps to be as 3/4 or 3/5 as close as them?

This shouldn’t be true… barbs are meant to be a high DPS class that drops their def to deal more damage. They can’t tank because even with a swordsman’s bonus HP their core skills make them squishier.

Yeah, in every game 2H sword = top tier damage in exchange for horrible defence. Sword and shield = low DPS in exchange for very high defence.

I like 2H swords to much to not use them. Fortunately I think there’ll be more buffs coming… there’s already a patch that changes the debuff effect of Cleave so that Strike (or Slash? Can’t remember) attacks do 50% more damage. Hopefully there’s more on the way.

Yeah it doesn’t make sense. DPS wordsmen are usually meant to be second only to mages due to having to close the gap between themselves and enemies.

Usually it’s…
Mages = squishy + long charge but top tier damage
Assassin-types = squishy but hard to catch/hit with near top tier damage
2H Swordsmen = not quite as squishy but near top tier damage
Archers = squishy but long range with mid-near top tier damage
Sword and Shield = super tanky with aggro skills, but mid-low damage
etc.

1 Like

There isnt any real endgame yet for PVE, we are barely half of maximum level. As of now there is really no penalty for going pure DPS for ranged classes. Magic deals a whole lot of damage that the tankiness swordsman trades for damage isnt really tankiness at all. SPR/CON priests are better tanks than swordsman now anyway.

I think the real problem is AOE. They made is so that every skill has an AOE of some sort. WIthout AOE they can make some swordsman classes deal high DPS/Burst to single target (similar to assassins in most games, probably what the DPS swordsmen really wanted), that way they can function as boss killers in parties and Wizards archers can function as adds killer. It will make these DPS swordsmen an available choice for raids and parties. Magic really hurt in this game, and unlike other games, there’s no tradeoff for it like long casting time, a window when they are vulcnerable that you can exploit. I now this because I was a krivis-sadhu in iCBT.

I don’t know if my opinion matters, but besides tank, I’ve always seen swordsmen as killing machines: medium to high AoE and single target damage and high defense compared to other classes. I was planning to become one until I read all these posts about high level swordsmen’s problems and I still can’t believe this kind of swordsman is useless for a dungeon party.

Can’t he just go ahead and kill (or at least distract) the enemies to avoid any damage to the party? Just asking because this topic truly interests me.

Yup something like that. Right now I think only my dragoon friends are having an ok time with the contents.

actually you can burst with a shinobi

No, because the monsters having homing skills, along with alot of magic mixed in. Mobs hard really hard. A well geared CON swordie will die to about 10 unblocked attacks.

Swordie really lacks good PvE CC also, we do have alot of knockdowns, that also happen to fling enemies everywhere. That is BAD

Compared to some mages out there that can CC endless mobs and keep them there for a dozen seconds. With multiple skills that does this effect.

shinobi is good for pvp, but I heard its still lackluster for PVE right now. Cant really tell, Im going dragoon and only know what my swordie friends tell me.

Dragoon seems okay for pvp. Simply because of Cata is so fast that people will have trouble even clicking on them before they run in front of them and bash their face in.

Oh, I get it. Well, all of this mean that swordsmen need to be optimized, right? In the CBT, they seemed to work well with tank and damage.

Also Cryomancer started to seem more and more useful to me at this point. Cryo + Linker tho… He actually has a good range to protect himself and high damage. At this moment, I think mages and archers have a bigger advantage atm.