Tree of Savior Forum

Archer is so trash

Actually i did not quit, but i didn’t take much time on this game like before. Until archer got balanced in ktos then i might have patient on this game again.

Sounds like you want too much already. How about some shiny new emotes to express your frustration instead? They don’t even read and comprehend threads like these for starters. What I don’t understand is there’s tons of useless and under utilized things in this game. Do you think the best approach was to slam Agni and Pyro like that would fix Archer problems?

I personally think the necklace is stupid to begin with and as someone whose seen how things work with RO private servers it means they don’t have a proper programmer. Since they can’t edit the source code their solution was to script in fixes on an item. This is also backed by the fact that they have been trying to hire a programmer for months now.

So just chill and know that Archers aren’t exactly alone in this whole mess of a game. The Sadhu and Paladins feel your pain and await their necklace fixes too. ;D

3 Likes

I dont think they call too much. They are just wrong designs, and yes, there must be more wrong design like int / str or other class skill etc.
If everyone shut up and let them found by themselves. they will take more time to collect those things, and we will never have chance to see what we expect.
Some good threat did tell us/ imc the problems of game design, and it is a good thing for them to collect suggestion and reconsider the future change.
I am not sure they gonna listen or not, at leaste before i completely leave, i would try to say something.
So again, i don’t like to taking shet here, just telling a truth and use my way to grab more attention. Maybe we are able to help this game, or just wait them find everything and make this game die. up to you

So, whats’s wrong with other classes being dps, are you saying archers should be the only dps class in the game and if there is any other dps class archers somehow become obsolete?

Wrong, SR got two new skills.

And while i don*t have a SR and therefore can not judge how good their new attack skill is, i can tell you that there are many other classes that did not recieve uber-amazing skills with R8, you’re not alone on this.

So, this is not an archer-only issue and therefore should not be treated as such.

About the missing attribute : That’s a real issue, but it seems like IMC is slowly patching missing dmg attributes in, they just recently added dmg attributes for some other archer class, i think Hunter, but can’t remember.

First of all : Are you sure ALL other classes recieved damage buffs except sapper? Because i don’t believe that’s true.
I’m pretty sure Sappers got improved in the past. Or are you complaining that you didn’t recieve as many buffs with the last update? Dude, calm down, they can’t rebalance every class with each update. I’m pretty sure sooner or later there will be another update that improves your pwecious sapper.

Secondly : Pyro doesn’t need C3 because their dmg buff comes from an equipment piece, not from a skill rank, while Sapper gets his damage buff from a higher rank but doesn’t need equipment to do that.

It’s certainly debatable whether sappers buff was too weak or whether agny is overpowered, but you shouldn’t forget that agny is not a pyro-only item and that using agny also means no mdef via necklace.

Another possibility could be that the sapper buff is bugged and that it’s supposed to be a multiplier for the total damage but they made it, by accident, only multiply skill damage, but i don’t know.

What “nurf” are you talking about?
You mean Cyclone nerf? That’s a doppel-only thing, not Swordsman in general.

What, archer is the worst class in the game ever?
Wasn’t Fletcher the best DPS class pre-R8? Wasn’t Schwarzer Reiter one of the best classes for ET? Then how can they be the worst class in the game ever? “Ever” means “always”.

Or are you sad that archer is no longer the highest dps class in the game and that other dps classes can do just as high damage too? Dude, that doesn’t invalidate archers in general, it just means that currently there is another class that does more DPS. Get over it.

An MMO where healers are needed? Shock and horror! I never heard of such a thing. How dare healers be wanted in a party! And how dare IMC make endgame so you need heals instead of relying only on potions!
And no, you don’t need wizards for most parts of the game, you can often replace them with any other good class/player.

Well, after you calling them “retards” i’m sure they’re open to listening to your suggestions.

I have explained on my replies hope you read them

You are right, archer is trash.

we had all these threads, now we have that one.

keep in mind that i play 2 archers 2 swordies and a wizard (pyrowarlock)
i find my SR pretty awesome bud.
It’s only trash if you don’t know the purpose of playing an archer.
i play archers for farming purposes, my scout 3 solo 145 and makes awesome silver, my SR 3 farmed my regard horn pike mats, it can solo 290, run 315 dungeon, run ET and make general high aoe damage.
The fact that archer is bad in pvp probably due to sage is very true, but pve wise archer is definitely great.

yea bud archer is so trash, you should change the title to “my archer is trash”

3 Likes

Archers are way stronger than you might think…
The whole class is broken because of one handed bows, rapid fire crossbows, kiting, overly strong weaponry, aspd buffs etc.

The thing you might be aggrevated about is that the proportion between skill and autoattack is not as large as in other classes, because Archers are supposed to autoattack more. Archers can easily outperform a 5x 5 star gemmed Five Hammer Cleric/Swordman when autoattacking because their bows/crossbows have abnormal bonus damage stats, not to speak of “cannon”/pistol class subweaponry. Then there’s that cheater Hackapella class which can use swords as subweaponry…
Unable to reload his crossbow/one handed bow, yet can still attack anyway.

Pets are still quite useless (especially because they use up a character slot), but still better than having no companion at all as a Cleric e.g.
Disabling an enemy several seconds is not so bad for 1 Circle of Hunter.

Of course Archer is a one target killer. How is he supposed to kill multiple targets with a bow? Ever tried to “Double Strafe”? I did with my bow in rl, and it works, but you’re not supposed to hit multiple targets with a bow/crossbow/Hand gun/blow gun/etc.

AoE should focus only on Cannoneer and Sapper if you ask me, that’s enough and requires tactical gameplay the Archer class otherwise lacks.

In the end, Archer is not trash, Archer is just badly balanced and too focused on autoattacks. They should buff classes like Sapper and Fletcher to improve real gameplay instead of running around and spamming skills/ keeping the autoattack button pressed…
Effortless, non-brain gameplay is boring trash after all.

You dont know archer

u know archer

make bullet point suggestion with mechanics n maths included so clueless dev can copy paste ur idea

ur name will be listed in the credit section (not)

i forgot how many legit suggestion thread has been forgotten… i think its swordman thread athexis or something, just to list.

hue~

and now with forum 2months auto close feature.

make sure u bump this regularly, or u will be another forgotten fool

So aside from sr which circle is usefull now
?

u are choosing a wrong sample to compare with, if u are compare about bossing, Taoist. Plague Doctor. Inquisitor + miko, pyro warlock have better dmg. and differently, they could go both ET and bossing.

Maybe if you stop comparing everything to everyone else you’ll enjoy your class, i enjoy my SR.
Archer is not as bad as swordsman was at r7.
Fact is SR can ET very well and korean teams cleared ET 40f with an SR, fact is that fletcher mergen is a great single target dps even at r8.
If you want the strongest build make a pyro or some miko PD then.

yup u are right, but most of u just come for the topic which I meant to grab all ur attention, but less people are really discussing what i am talking about.

What does it have to do with what I said?

Bro Pyro is not that great and even worse at bossing. You do know fireballs are knocked back every single time and they are the only reliable damage they have? The only reason it worked in that one group is because they built the composition around the Pyro and SR. Meaning you can’t have a sword and a pyro in the same group.

Stop calling for nerfs if you don’t even know how it works. SR will outperform any Pyro overall. Just because you see some big numbers doesn’t mean it’s better.

4 Likes

Yea what you say is true i got a pyro and you need so much setup against bosses just to get knocked down and fireballs moved around by melee, easier to just grab a fletcher. Wouldn’t take pyro to world bossing, more of an aoe damage class
I don’t think OP have played neither SR or pyro.

Two kinds of boss, world boss or et boss?
World boss, u can have better choice which bd is focusing on bossing, but Fletcher is not the best as u said, so why a build focusing on boss still not able to against Taoist . Plague Doctor, Inquisitor + miko (i am not sure about swords) they are all required for world boss and ET

ET boss, wziaar never lost to SR or even Kriv 3 Taoist or PD with same weapon as you.

Earth tower, Sr is same thing focusing on ET, and it has showed you his limit dmg, but why do you still think it can do better?
45k dmg comapre with 90k dmg(not only fireball has 90k). it has obviously told you the truth, and moreover you need to pay double money.

Are you serious? Many team build up with a SR in Ktos? but have you asked them pyro strong or SR strong? or they are just so friendly invite SR cus they cant just say u are a trash now we want to replace ur slot. (maybe its hard to find another RMT pyro)

Another thing again, i mention the buff of sapper and hunter is useless, not even 19% of pyro’s buff. and the wrong design of glassmole effect, who can really discus on this part rather than saying how good is archer in ur mind. I have compared both best archer in ur mind with other class done

1 Like

Because i play both SR and pyro and enjoy SR more so obviously i will invest in a class i enjoy.
now the question is, do YOU play both SR and pyro?
i can’t really read your wall of bad english but still wonder if you play one of these classes.
You are arguing based on one ktos video and not your own experience which i find pretty ridiculous, kinda reminds me of seifer tbh.
Troll thread detected.

I enjoy too. but its not enough to stop being better. and i am not playing pyro, does that means agny isnt op as i think? just calculate it and get the answer. multiple buff is always stronger than plus. [quote=“eeee821022, post:1, topic:343276”]
Archer is the worst class in this game ever, don’t play archer except you love it.
[/quote]

Do you just copy and paste stuff from the Sadhu thread and replace it with the word Archer? I know I’ve seen that exact phrase said there and makes that Sadhu copy pasta topic even more funny. lmao