Tree of Savior Forum

No one need you if you are not a Peltasta

This is my sad state as a level 250 HL2-Cata3-DG and i’m getting close to reroll:
In grinding/dungeon/saalus/boss hunt…literally everything: nobody ever invite me to their group and all shout chat lfm are only look for a Pelt to aggro mobs/boss. My only hope is running around and hope for someone will accept.

As a dps swordy i feel so useless compare to dps wiz and archer…they can killing stuff more faster and effective than me, not to mention tons of support utilities they provide.
None of my friend play this game so finding a fixed group is literally impossible for me as a dps swordy…

16 Likes

Become God of soloing and make a new character named SoloToS. Reach max level without using player market and party.

5 Likes

This is actually how i play ‘-’

Yeah soloing is good but i’m more of a group player.
But seriously i’ve add tons of friends in the game, try to chat and friendly as much as possible but when it come to partying rarely anyone invite me to their group rather than their dps wiz/archer friends.

2 Likes

You are just naturally forever alone like me. I can only turn to lolis

12 Likes

This was my worry for Swordsmen. If you’re not a tank, you’re not needed. There’s literally zero reason to take a DPS Swordsman over a DPS Archer or Wizard if you have a tank. And to add insult to injury, unless we stat for tank, we are squishy.

The best Earth Tower specs are full tank or Shinobi and with Shinobi you are competing for a spot in the physical DPS comp with Fletchers and Schwarzer Reiters.

Why shinobi? does he deal most damage of swordsman classes?

So where do u prefer to grind at lvl 250+ as swordman?

Grind baby grind XD

#thuglife

Sounds about right.
Melee range of pretty much anything is where you don’t want to be in Tree of Savior group content unless you’re tanking it. Many regular/elite monsters have AoE skills, not to mention bosses (Wrathful Harpeia cough)

Unless you bring some unique buffs/utility (hello, Corsair!), your personal DPS doesn’t really matter because it’s effectively halved (if not worse) by low uptime - you’re not DPSing when you’re running away from another AoE ability.

So yeah, melee classes in ToS pale in comparison to pretty much every ranged ones. Sad but true.

2 Likes

This concern not only applies to class choices but stat choices as well. I was thinking of doing 1:1:1 STR/DEX/CON but now i’m thinking of putting the rest of my stats in CON just so i can tank better.

Coz my soloing abilities are like, useless past level 200

1 Like

Im a wiz3/ele3 190 atm, and whenever a swordsman class appears in the random dungeons, the first thing that i think is: nice, we have taunt. Which is REALLY bad for players who like to be a melee dmg dealer, the class tree of swordsman has amazing classes as dragoon, shinobi, doppel etc. But, atm they cant compete with archer/wizz heavy dmg.
2 things that i think they could do with the whole swordsman tree.
first one: AoE damage. IMO, their lack of AoE dmg really creates a disadvantage against classes which have AoE dmg.
Second one: Make tank way more interesting. I mean, (never played as a tank in tos) but, the only thing useful that a tank can do in tos right now is taunt everyone. Just this. They dont have a reflect (if in near future, reflect appears, i’d like to create a tank). They dont have a heavy debuff or a skill based on how much hp left.

If imc create something like that, I think swordsman tree would be more interesting for tanking and destroying things.

Sorry for english mistakes, not my main language.

6 Likes

Sounds like I’m venturing into dead end as dragoon :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Quit the game

If IMC doesn’t buff Swordmen there’s no reason to keep playing.

That being said as a Doppel C2 I deal comparative damage to an archer in mobbing situations and I do have taunt as well so I do both in a run and in grinding parties as 250+.

IMC beeds to up their game. They know Swordmen are suffering but refuse to do anything about it.

I’m expecting a lot of people simply quitting this game rather than rerolling and going through the grind and torment a second time.

1 Like

I rerolled my rank 5 swordsman to be a dragoon because I thought it will be more useful (plus ruined my build). Following lolilickers dragoon build actually, i quite like it.

Sad to think I will be useless for groups later though…

Hopefully my wiz3, kino3 will be more useful then…

Yeah,this game is too much melle unfriendly,in melle rangue every boss is a cc fest and damage,with my hop c3 it is imposible a full cast of my chaneling if i dont use the inmune cc of sword.
Btw u should have got pelt over hl,i dont like tank im a a full dps hop,dop,drag but 90% of times im tanking dungeons or partys,better that than dont get group.
Imc should tone down the dmg aoe of bosses,the cc or buff to melles because rigth now swords are too much underpower and only are good tanking

Yea I pretty much regret taking Highlander thinking is more to “Damage type” classes because of the Cartar Stroke which doesn’t deal much damage mid/end game already. Should have took Peltasta instead and continue on with the Barbarian (Spear + Shield for the taunt and then switch back to 2H sword for Barbarian) Now i am almost rank 6 and it’s too late to re-roll. Luckily for me I have friends playing different classes so we always partied together to do missions, dungeons and quests. Else…most people would not consider inviting Barbarian without Peltasta class…now I feel really useless =(

Currently on route to Doppel > Dragoon or Doppel C2 depending whether the buff on Barbarian from kTOS comes to iTOS. Hopefully the damage from Doppel helps a lot in dungeons and missions = /

Partied with a Wiz 3 > Kino 3 with full con build yesterday…seems useless when doing mission compared to a cryo + kino wizard but useful when doing dungeons causes he could tank a bit.

Don’t tell me that I am already lvl 134! Leveling has really sucked and I’ve only stuck with it because I feel the end game will be worth it.

After seeing an icewall video the other day I was amazed at how much dps a cryo/kino can do but I think it’s been nerfed next patch?

Everything comes in pros and cons. For cryo + kino combo they need to channel completely in order to deal full damage. That means any AOE attack from mobs or boss will cancel it and they had to wait for 1 minute cooldown. I have a friend that plays cryo + kino and he’s having a hard time in heavy mob areas like Demon Prison cause the mobs always cancel his channeling. During that cooldown duration, cryo + kino don’t deal much damage unless it’s cryo c3 where it has the ice pillar and snow ball then it helps a lot with CC. However, if they manage to do full channeling on ice wall + psychic pressure then the damage dealt is insane. Each full channeling deals like 20-30% of boss’s HP.