Tree of Savior Forum

Barbarian Skills (C3) going into Fencer

So I am currently Swrd - Pelt - B1 - B2 - B3 and was curious about what barb skills remain useful after switching to fencer.

I am not at all a fan of Frenzy given fencer spams skills, however, don’t really like warcry too much either… The CDs on both seem very high.

As far as damage abilities go, helm chopper is great as an extra stun, cleave for dmg/crit buff and sesim for being amazing. Current plan seems to be to put 1 into helm chopper, max seism and split points into warcry/cleave.

Can someone with a little more experience comment on this build route/barb skills going into fencer?

Thanks!

if you dont like frenzy you will end up with something like:
10 warcry
15 cleave
10 helm chopper
10 seism

OR if you like the two additional skills
10 warcry
15 cleave
8 helm chopper
10 seism
1 swing
1 pounce

with frenzy
10 warcry
10 seism
10 frenzy
1 helm chopper
14 cleave
deduct some from cleave to put into pounce and swing if you want them
I didn’t take the barb3 route so mine is a little different

Yea more or less covered by Lostac. I am taking the “With frenzy” build.

leave Warcry lvl 3 is good enough

that’s fine too, but you’ll lose 16 attack per target if that’s the case

I’m going to play this build and i don’t like Frenzy and Warcry too. According to my research,Frenzy and Warcry are only good with bossing. By the way If you put only 1 point to Helmchopper and Maxed out Cleave,Seism you still have 19 points to go. Even though both skill are lazy man buff,so it’s not that bad to take them :sunglasses:

this is my build.
frenzy 10 (fire and forget,lazy man buff)
warcry 3 (fire and forget,lazy man buff)
cleave 15
helm chopper 6
seism 10
giant swing 1 (for fun)

Honestly just don’t want to feel obligated to AA if I will have so many active abilities at that point, but I don’t have any experience with it so that is why I am asking. Any late® game barb fencers have any input?

at one point in fencer c2 or even c1, you will see yourself low on sp and having sp pots on cooldown, might as well use frenzy and stack up damage until your sp pot is ready and do some good bursts.

but I admit I didn’t take a single point in it either because like I said I stopped at barb 2, barb 3 is where frenzy shines and you could use the attribute to keep the stacks if you want to. another reason for me not taking it is I want to have a powerful strike based damage other than coquille

Nah, it doesnt matter if you are a full DPS Swordsman.

I’m a Pelt>BarbC3>Fencer. I have max helm chopper, cleave, and seism. Since I had 5 points left I chose pouncing which I find very useful when I’m trying to farm alone. These barb skills will be your friend while playing solo as they do not have any stance requirements.

I don’t really get why others don’t like maxing helm chopper, it’s the only strike skill you have and has a 1.4k damage at level 15. IMO, warcry isn’t worth it if you have very high dex since skill crits would be more than the bonus damage warcry can give you - also one hand autoattacking is too weak. And besides, mobs usually die after two skills.

Keep in mind you’re going to have to stay one handed upon reaching fencer. I do have an arde dagger so I use that as a subweapon while playing solo and switch to my shield when in dungeons.

You will find yourself tanking 90% of the time when you go in dungeons.

Thanks for the reply, I might go something similar. I do already find myself doing all the tanking which works fairly well with the peltasta/evasion. I was lucky enough to get an arde drop, just waiting on the rank 6 to equip it.

people don like to max helm chopper is because of kToS patch with the Cleave, Cleave get 3 OverHeat and +50% dmg to slash

That’s a good buff although I still don’t get why people would prefer to spend the skill points elsewhere. I deal around 6k damage on mobs weak to strike which certainly useful for mobs with 45k+ hp as I prefer not standing around and take hits especially when I’m up against 3-4 enemies that deal 1k damage each hit. The extra overheat you mentioned for cleave only further complements Seism and Helm Chopper as you can get up to 4 stuns.

How is Fencer with your build?
I am Peltasta 1 - Highlander 3 atm and i am also thinking about going fencer but not sure yet.
Some people told me if you want to destroy your char or your build or want a reason to reroll your char, take Fencer :confused:

Needle wide AoE. Your autoattacks have wider AoE. Helm Chopper is a low investment skill. If/when we get the kToS buffs to Barb, it will be a 1 point skill simply for the stun.

It’s more of a PvE skill. 10 targets of level 10 warcry = +330 attack for 40 seconds. It has a decent radius. It’s not hard to get at least 7-8 targets. You’ll probably sit at ~270 bonus attack most of the time. It’s a highly underrated PvE skill. I find it more useful than Frenzy in most situations. With the reduced cooldowns (hopefully) coming to our version on both of them soon though, there’s a lot of potential with either.

The only problem you’ll have is that you can’t use cross guard. Other than that, Highlander’s combo skills are still usable.

I see. But so does the attack radius of rapiers, I find it very hard to just sit in front of enemies and risk getting hit hard. I do get your point though, it all comes down to preference I guess.

Yeah for Fencers it might not be a bit issue, because as you stated, you aren’t exactly an AoE class. A lot of barbarians are going for Doppelsoeldner though, and it’s huge to them.

Basically Seism is just a better version of Helm Chopper in every way except if you desperately need that Strike damage. Yes, you can use both, and as a Fencer you very well might, but I imagine your SP is going to deplete very quickly.

So potentially in the future, barbs will receive a third cleave overheat and reduced warcry / frenzy CD? Makes maxing cleave / warcry / seism and leaving chopper at 1 more appealing.

If we get the buffs that Korea is getting, yes. Also, Cleave will give Slash damage vulnerability, not +50% crit rate.