Tree of Savior Forum

*** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

why you need swash buckling? i pull them without. i tank without, because i CAN.
clearly l2p issue

3 Likes

Archers mobs with 60k HP tough as diamonds that shoot me for almost 5k. Technically harder than most bosses. Oh and they crit often with regular shots, over 1k.

CERTAINLY not auto attack friendly. I avoid them like death itself.

Oh don’t forget that repair bill fam.

This game hates swordsman.

My thread concerns swordsman please add it to the list:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/tanks-melee-get-too-much-gear-damage
7 Likes

How do I do that? How do I tag the admins?

Btw, give me hearts at the first post. We need to fill this up and make IMC pay attention to this.

1 Like

LOL this is not true at all. How can you pull mobs without taunt? Running towards them? Then suddenly the “real” DPS will get the aggro and died. Swordsman without taunt is, yes, not reliable in a party. Sad but true.

lol i do both, tank AND dps, if i have to. as i say, l2p issue.
in my opinion, there is no real need for a tank in a game like this.

2 Likes

Yeah… Not possible. Video of your level 200+ tanking without SB and holding aggro and DPSing like Archers and Wizard classes? Where is it?

Aside from that, anyone know how do I tag the admins?

1 Like

I would love to see that video too. I think he is just somebody around lvl 30-50.

1 Like

If they can tweak that Provoke skill of swordsman. That be good.

They don’t just need to tweak provoke skill, there needs to be other ways for swordsmen to be able to fight in close quarters combat without just… going Boom Dead ( Or out putting extremely sub par dps compared to wizard or archer).

Most if not all of the non tank circles need tuning, especially some circles which are widely regarded as useless i:e off the top of my head, swordsman c2

HP wont matter if you cant kill your target(s) fast enough, besides, DPS swordies heavily rely on buffs that give damage but in return reduce evasion/defense.

No, not really, swordsman dont rely on thoes buffs at all. Are. you. kidding. me.

Who ever made gun-ho should be slapped in the face. Since when is adding 50 damage any sort of damage buff.

OMG! 3050 damage instead of 3000 damage! 950damage a tick instead of 900 damage a tick!!!

The thing is, most of swordsman’s classes skill do ■■■■ damage late game. That also comes with ■■■■ CD.

■■■■

…and for the prices of our defense. We can’t kite like wiz or arch, you forgot this. Not to mention that we have no options other than going into the faces of mobs.

Right.

Long range attack = less hp
Short range attack = more hp

not

Short range attack = more hp and less damage.

1 Like

You know that you are not tanking from hp , but from other stats, and you actually can not tank if you take dps circles, right?

Let me guess…you are below lvl200.

CONCENTRATE is a static damage, while GUNG-HO directly affects PATK which highly affects skill damage computation. Now tell me why an already weak DPS swordsman wont rely with buffs like these.

Less skill damage = more time to kill and more skill to burn.

Hey guys. Try and keep it constructive and professional. I know now it will feel like crap when I hit that 200 and I know no one will invite me since I wont be able to do much. Im very close to lvl 200 and I can feel how stromg the mobs are becoming, even with updated gear and lvl 30 Cross Slash and lvl 27 Skyline and lvl 41 Moch-(cant remember the full name). My cyclone is strong but it is no where near Archers super fast attacks or Wizards overpowered attacks…

I really hope IMC takes a notice of this, so we really need to give proper feedback.

If you are over lvl 200 try and make videos and show some demonstration, even in grps. We gotta act now to get them to notice the real issue with swordies.

1 Like

So what swordsman circles have tanking attributes or skills and also some damage?

Actually this shouldn’t be a question. That would mean that there is 1 path which should be followed and that’s it.

Fencer. Instead of taking Squire or Templar you can take two circles of Fencer. DPS Swordsmen can’t tank endgame with Hop1 and DPS stats. They get blown up.

Type @Staff_name or @Staff_ then a name list will be shown tho I’m not sure who should be tagged
:sweat_smile: