Tree of Savior Forum

Is DPS builds inferior to tank builds?

I think I made a mistake in choosing Highlander instead of Peltasta, I was going to be a Squire the 3 last ranks.

I was kind of hoping to be a DPS Support thing, but it sounds like the really good builds dungeon-wise are tanks.

Thought on this? Shoul I delete my Highlander?

(For the curious my build was Highlander C2 > Peltasta C1 > Squire C3)

1 Like

You should build tank Peltasta. DPS Swordsmans are useless late game.

Please just throw this Highlander character away and delete it. You lost many hours of your life, this is common here in IMC lands. No job refund for you, sir.

Face reality.

Ignore timbin, DPSes aren’t useless late game. That’s nonsense. You have to remember that Squires aren’t a true DPS class. What you’ve got in your build is a low-level DPS class and then 2 support/utility classes.

It’s clear that it’s not meant to be easy to level classes like Squire, Alchemist, etc.

It’s only level 23 though haha, I was just unsure if it was useless or not.

This I know, I wanted it to be more of a DPS/Support build but eh, doesn’t really feel good. I guess Peltasta is better for my Squire!

@thesstuss
Good thing you didnt spent 50 hours (like me) to understand that late game DPS Swordsman will be bad. Get that Peltasta and follow the obligatory Swordsman cicles to avoid being useless 200+.

@hallowedthings
Be careful with what you want to ignore.
If you ignore my words there, you are currently ignoring that huge post that includes a lot of topics about Swordsman being unbalanced. Maybe 100+ people talking about it? Are you ignoring everything?
Its not just my personal opinion, its the community opinion.

Squires are tough to play as support right now because.

Food and drinks effects suck, might be nice in a GvG open field pvp. But meh, not useful.

Weapon and armor maintenance only buff very little, and they last long enough for everyone to get from an afk squire and go from there,

Repair is the only decent skill, but thats repair man… Like once every hour someone might be like. “Man glad you are a squire hehehehe…” then every one laughs.

Arrest is decent skill. Its channeled and you can keep alot of mobs stunlocked while your party deeps them down.

C3Pelta -> C3Squire might be more welcomed in a party then a heal sucking miniscule dps barb or dragoon in a pve setting.

you can still choose peltalsta then as your next rank, but yes with C3 Squire your dps won’t be good

for those classes, its already a no-brainer. They ARE support classes. But how about corsairs? Sure they can do faster auto-attacks with dual wielding and buffs, but man, it feels so weak. hardly has any synergy with skills. Pirate flags combo is basically useless unless you have a party or you can kill the mob within 5/10 sec which require a high amount of damage. Plus, if i wanted a PvE build for my corsair and start solo hunting things with maxed out Pirate flag (that gives pillaging), it still wouldnt be enough since chances of stealing is low.