Tree of Savior Forum

Is peltesta c3 required?

i plan to play squire but i was wondering if peltesta c1 is enough in this case for tanking.

i understand that for group play, peltesta is required for swordy as the taunting skill is good but also there are certain times i need to solo on my own in this case.

if going peltesta c3 going to hurt in dps, i am thinking of getting hoplite.

swordman>peltesta>hoplite>hoplite>squire

but i do saw some build of squire with peltesta on c3.

The answer is: Not really, but it wouldn’t be bad.

Also if you look at passive attributes that you can learn just for being a swordsman. There is this : http://www.tosbase.com/database/attributes/101020/

That means you draw 500% aggro, even without peltasta you can hold the aggro of a boss.

Peltasta really do hurt your dps by alot tho. (But swordsman dps is trash endgame anyways)

BUT

With higher level of your AOE taunt gained from going to c3 Peltasta you get to provoke and pull 21 targets as opposed to only 11.

That is VERY helpful in PvE. A Peltasta 3 and or Cosair is the only reason why a swordsman is wanted in a party.

so in other words, going peltesta3 will benefit in term of extra role other than squire only role for earning money

Going Peltasta 3 and or Cosair will make you a “support/tank” swordsman.

The only useful swordsman in endgame.

Also, your other choices are all dps focused, and ToS is really bad about early classes damage skills being any useful as time goes on.

While you should pick early classes purely based on utility and support.

So a Peltasta into anything any role would not be a bad choice, or one that you regret.

Peltasta 3 is one of the few viable swordsman class in late game. Really, unless you have a clear idea on how you are going to build a DPS swordsman that’s on par with other class, it’s better to not go for DPS route or you will end up being hated by other DPS in mission/dungeon due to how useless you are in them.

Source: Fk every pure DPS barbarian in my auto party matchmaking. I would rather have 4 of any other class, but 4 DPS barbarian is just a torture.

So far the end game only tolerates 4 kinds of swordsmen:
Templar
Peltasta C3
Squire C2+
Corsair

Everything else can go forever alone solo MM’solo’RPG :sob:

Wow. Sounds like a really crappy meta.

leveling on peltesta 3 is going to hurt i guess. About stat wise, i guess all in CON right? this will make the level process even tougher

No general consensus on stats, but the safe route is to go full con, and another choice is half con half dex. Dodging attacks is more efficient than taking physical damage after all. Though keep in mind that magical dmg can’t be dodged.

do you guys have any good peltesta 3 build example on skills?

Get cafrisun set + elemental headgear for your early game. Once you reach dungeon and mission stage you will be useful in parties.

I’m not really sure on the build because that’s what I heard from my ktos friend that always participate in large scale guild war. It’s either full CON or CON:SPR at 3:1 to prevent status effect.

I heard Cataphract C3 is good for PVP too (not sure about PVE), so that’s another viable late game build.

I think going full CON is better than half DEX build becos of the bonus stats from full CON.

I’m not gonna disagree with you nor agree with you, some claim dex builds for tanks are better, some claim full con is better. I still say full con is the safer route to go.

Here are the suggested skills

For leveling phase:

For end game phase:

I’m not really experienced in swordsman so most of my comment could be wrong.

thanks for all the information and suggestions.

@Mirarara You weren’t wrong at all, pointing out other possible builds is what makes playing this game so fun, the limitless possibilities! (Only if players go for the aforementioned classes, until IMC decides to buff other swordsman classes anyways)

@intothefantasy
For attributes, you’ll want to do this early to save time, and you’ll want to focus on them in the following order:

Peltasta C1
Guardian: Evasion
Swash Buckling: Maximum HP
Umbo Blow: Stun

Peltasta C2
High Guard: Increased Defense (Which is why it should be lvl’d to lvl 3 during leveling phase)

Peltasta C3
Langort: Blocking (I think this might be bugged atm, not entirely sure if it’s working as intended)

If you’re going full-tank, consider grabbing a C2 or even C3 Hoplite.
What Hoplite adds for tanking:

1. Increased block of Finestra. You get 20% (c2) or 30% (c3) more block with 100% uptime. At the cost of your evasion, so consider dropping DEX for more CON or some SPR

2. 1 point in Long Strides gives you extra mobility. It doesn’t deal any noticeable damage when cast with low charge, but you can taunt a bunch of nasties and instantly jump into safe position, which is worth quite a lot.

3. Stabbing attribute “Evasion” doesn’t just grant Evasion (duh), it also grants 25% M.Def - just for those moments you need to survive AND generate some threat.

Rodelero c2 also seems a popular choice because of Slithering (which makes you immune to magic during the animation) but it has pathetic uptime and magic immunity is nowhere in the description, so it very well could be a bug nodoby bothered fixing. Still, Rodelero skills add a good deal of CC (Shield Charge and Montano, at least) so it’s up to you. Not that there’s a viable C7 choice for tanks now with Centurion gone and all other C7s being non-tank.

Oh, and you’ll be terribad at soloing anything that is not 30-50 levels below you. You’ll need to be carried through leveling by some DPS class, so unless you’re playing with friends/guild or stick to Missions/Dungeons for exp, your life is going to be hell.

1 Like

sword1, pel2, hop3, dragoon is my end goal. Its plenty tanky/pully to getter done and yet enough dps for me not get bored. 1:1 str/con with a sprinkling of dex.

Leveling hop3 before getting pel2 has made it much easier to level for me. Wont need Pel2 till later on anyways.

A c1 peltasta is 100% capable of filling the tank role with an earth tower clear, there’s no reason to perverse this idea that people need pelt c3 or they are useless in endgame. Of course it helps, but it’s more ‘nice to have’, not required. Most swordsman would rather pick other circles after pel c1 for better damage options or even PvP viability.

1 Like

yea that is what i am wondering. Does c1 peltesta will do well on end game and is there any necessary of going c3 peltesta instead?

if i wanted to go for

sword1>pel1>hop1>hop2>squire

anyone can give me a skill build as well as stat build? i think hoplite can help as some ppl say in tanking. But not sure how good will it be compare to pel2 and 3