Tree of Savior Forum

Simple fix for "Failed to download pak files" errors

Hello guys! I’m Esno and i will show you how to fix this annoying “Failed to download pak files” errors.

#Note: After this patch the number has been changed, use 11460 instead.
Step 1: Find the patch folder and copy the lastest ipf number in this folder (for example mine is 11372). SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\patch

Step 2: Open and paste the number to “release.revision” in release folder. Save and launch the game. It will try to patch and “Failed to download pak file” again, remember the file’s number (here is 11385).

Step 3: Paste the number in step 2 to “release.revision”, launch the game, enjoy :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks for this solution!!!

This bypasses file downloads, lots of stuff generate error or straight crash the game.

As far as I know, I’m currently playing the game with no trouble using this fix. The crash, or ipk related error is because your ipk file in the patch folder were already damaged - Solution: delete patch folder and “Verify intergrity of game cache” using steam, by this way, the old corrupted files will be deleted and steam will download new files. You’re good to go after this. Have fun. :v:

This is not working.

I need your screen shot of the error, patch folder and release.revision file.

This is my problem sorry using different forum account i cant change it to my main forum account Downloading '11035_001001.pak' IMC Staff please notice this problem

Okey,seem like you are having trouble with both downloading patch files and corrupted ipk.
First, install the DirectX10 in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch\DirectX10
Second, delete the 2 patch folder (1 in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior and 1 in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch) then verify cache again, after that, do the fix above.
Third and my last try for you, uninstall the game and re-download it again, (in different folder maybe) then do the fix above.
Wish you luck :raised_hand:

Currently re downloading it and my net is not that fast 5 hours left to know the situation. thank you for at least noticing my problem and helping me out i’ll try the 2 suggestions that you’ve suggested above. thank you, will update you asap.

1 Like

are u sure of this…?

As you can see in the screen shot, I had this problem before. Now i’m playing the game using this fix. Yes i am sure =,=.

Thanks. It worked. :thumbsup:

Game launcher passed the 11385 pak download error and game loaded.

Doesn’t work for me too… :sweat:

11457 don’t work…my bro also cant play now in singapore

same here… singapore… i cant play because of this…

I don’t know honestly !?

should I laugh :laughing: or cry :cry:

Tried every single method available. This fix worked for me temporarily (I’m using 11460 as the no in the release.revision), it later caused my connection to the server to become extremely buggy. I’m getting kicked out every time I try to load my character from the lodge.

Verifying the game cache always gave me the notice that 3 files are missing, 11458 to 11460 and it does not auto acquire the file.

[UPDATE]
We are aware that some players are experiencing problems patching and launching the game at the moment. We are looking into the issue, but in the meantime here is the workaround. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Go to Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release
Open the release.revision.txt file and edit the number to 11460
Validate local files through Steam and check to see if the language is set to English.

It is partially working, changing into certain channels, however kicks me out of the game.

yeah it works. 11460