Tree of Savior Forum

Simple fix for "Failed to download pak files" errors

attempting to load into royal mausoleum f1 kicked me out of the game. Had to change to a different channel in order to load

Hello @bakykarumi
I have been experienced with that ā€œkicked out from the lodgeā€ before. And i did fix it, my solution was completely download the game again, and if the patch still doesnā€™t work, use the release.revision fix.
I donā€™t think you need re-download the whole game again though, what i can say is while modifying the release.revision. The patcher tried to download the ipk file and thus, breaks some of them. Try deleting the patch folder and verify again before downloading the whole game.
Good luck :raised_hand:

Hi there, the game is running for me now. but certain channels are off limits for me and will kick me out to server selection screen, such as channel 5 mausoleum f1. Tried your method to reacquire the 2 patch folders as well, but the last 3 files ( i assume to be 11458 to 11460) does not update itself with the integrity check. I reinstalled two times as well.

Iā€™m currently uploading my working patch ipk files, please wait for a moment.

Try downloading this, unrar and replace these ipk files to the patch folder
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FF8AAEAE4FB8F681!255160

also getting 11457 from singapore

Had this problem myself, worth a read.

Iā€™ve tried this method also verifying cache, reinstalling through steam, hard restart to my connection, turning off my firewall, using a vpn, tunneling my connection and manually allowing connection for this client all did not work.

This is not a proper fix it may work for some but not for all, it might just cause conflict in the client as youā€™re forcing the client to skip the patch which in turn the game will not run even if you have put the patch manually into the folder. In any case, do not delete or move your entire patch folder it wonā€™t change a thing.

It is also possible for users with strong or fiber-optic connections to experience this, basically there is no fault on the userā€™s end but itā€™s their server having high traffic because on a userā€™s end connection packets are still being sent but not bouncing back.

This also applies to the error that says something about administrator problems.

Basically i endured to the next morning when itā€™s not a peak period to get the client downloading

Helpppppppppppp please

I tried all of this and still not working :sob:

Some people tried using VPN and it works :slight_smile:. Try using VPN if all the solution listed above donā€™t work for you.

I dont understand at all the steps

can u pls be more clear

Please check this link for more detailed instruction, āœ… šŸ”§ Tested solutions to patching problems

I have this problem but when I try to save the release.revision file, it said access deny . Why is this ?

Thanks for the accuracy.

OMH WORK, ty man yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

hi i tried this method but the numbers keep changing and i have to do it over again a new number. is there something im not doing right?

Keep changing the revision file to the number in the new error, it is a pain to do but it is the only way to bypass this shitty of a job from IMC.

1 Like

Omg MAN THANK YOU Oo
Iā€™ve tried a lot of thing to finaly open the game xD
TY :heart_eyes:

THANK YOU! worked awesome!

Hello iā€™m newā€¦ i tried them all right now and i have something to ask: will in the future be possible to play? like, for real, players canā€™t be that limited to play JUST RELEASE A ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  UPDATE OR DO A BETTER WORK

pardon me but i been reading other posts and they all suggested me to erase and reinstall the game. all my patch notes are now the same date.

i mean to ask, any other way to Find the File i desire to change ? i canā€™t do it by looking at the date anymore.