Tree of Savior Forum

FAILED TO DOWNLOAD LIST FILE.UPDATE_downloader.exe(975)

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time : april 19, 2016

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :

Bug description: when the maintenance was over, i clicked play amd it says…

FAILED TO DOWNLOAD LIST FILE. UPDATER DOWNLOAD.EXE(975)

And then i tried to remove the founders server: early access 1 and it worked then i installed it again and it failed again… Does this mean im banned or what? Cause this is very frustrating

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. verify
  2. run as admin
  3. removed founders server

Screenshots / Video :
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

System

• CPU :
  • RAM :
  • Graphics Card :
  • Mainboard :
  • Storage :
  • Internet Connection :
  • Country, Region :
1 Like

Manually launch Updater_Downloader.exe in your TreeOfSavior/release/patch folder. I had that error and it works now.

2 Likes

How did you manually run it? I’m getting “Windows cant run this program” error when i try to manually launch Updater_Downloader

It simply worked for me by double-clicking it.
Anyway there’s also this link you can take a look at : Simple fix for “Failed to download pak files” errors

I’m not sure how helpful it is nor whether it’s related but it’s worth a try perhaps.

It’s a different error than mine. I tried doing that but still wont work. This is kinda infuriating.

I was able to solve this same problem right now by running the patcher client as admin in the “Steam\SteamApps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch” folder.

1 Like

I have the same problem as of the moment. I tried the solution above but nothing works… I suddenly received this error. ._.

same problem happened just now… i was playing then a notification appeared in game that an update is required when i try to run tos updater download error

I’m having the same problem. I believe that the problem stems from the update_downloader.exe (/release/patch/update_downloader.exe) Is there anyway to download a standalone fixed Update_Downloader.exe?

same over here, i was playing w/o any problems before the maintenance, now i receive this exact same error.

@GM_Sebastian
@STAFF_Ethan

Had this problem too, but I’m fine now. What I did was:

• Verify Integrity
  • Go to TreeOfSavior > release (folder)
  • Open release.revision (.txt file)
  • It was empty so i typed in 11539, and saved the file
  • Press PLAY on steam

Uncheck all your DLCs, let steam download the update and voila PLAY GAME is available

Made an account just to say thank you. Spent a few hours trying all the suggestions but to no avail. Yours is the only one that worked and the most simplest solutions aswell. Thank you!

Had this problem too, but I’m fine now. What I did was:

Verify Integrity
Go to TreeOfSavior > release (folder)
Open release.revision (.txt file)
It was empty so i typed in 11539, and saved the file
Press PLAY on steam

Guys. Especially on windows 10, there is a permissions hold up w/ the patcher so there’s a bunch of things that can go wrong (as well as a bunch of fixes that you can do or try.

Windows itself as well as windows defender will both block the patcher from being able to edit files. So what happens is the patcher makes a release.revision file that cannot be editted.

what you need to do is open the patcher as admin while windows defender is off.

if you can run the patcher, but get an error like UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM FILE LIST

you need to adjust your release.revision txt. I usually delete it, and it is reqacquired. If you type 11539 it will work for this patch, but not for others, and it will bypass the patcher checking to see if your files are in order.

If you’re missing files and you bypass this skip, your game will crash often.

If you have any other errors, (but you’ve already been able to play the game), you should try going to the patch folder and if you have a file called “updater.downloader”, you should have a tos.exe.temp and a tos.exe. That means windows stopped the patcher from overwriting the old patcher. manually remove the old patcher, and replace with the new. You should be able to play.

Remember guys, your problems may need more than one fix :smiley:

1 Like

Did the “Uncheck founders pack” before clicking play , worked from there

1 Like

I just downloaded Hotspot Shield and it’s PATCHing… I’m fearing a region blockade. :frowning:

I was hoping this would work, but just didn’t on my end. :frowning:

Did you disable your Founder’s Pack? Which one did you get?

I installed a VPN just to patch and connect to the game again. I had this problem earlier… Been playing since the start with no problems and this error occured… Hmm… I hope the staffs see into this…

Downloaded a VPN.
Connected to VPN.
Patched game.
Once get into lodge, exit game
Exit VPN
Re-launch game
Works.