Tree of Savior Forum

Full Dark DPS Wizard Build: Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock explained in details

I’m going Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock.

First video (Familiar and Theurge demonstration, MM used without HK and QC, random mobs from Warlock’s master map, bought some atts. and made the video). Temple Shooter level 10 10-stars has 3051 attack currently and gets 2~4 atq per level and 4 atq points every 1 INT point (8 if you get 2 in the investment and so on.

Tymerys Solo demonstration:

vs. level 145 dungeon:

PvP Video 10 kills 250k damage:

Just so newbies don’t get lost: Right now Wiz 3 > Ele 3 is the most solid DPS wizards build, I’m playing this build because I don’t really enjoy Elementalist and want to have a (good and efficient) full Dark build by rank 9 or 10. It is a fact that Wizards have many DPS paths to go but Ele 3 outclasses others because it is the last DPS rank from wizards taken to it’s highest circle (no rank 5+ dps classes, only come back at rank 7), closed 1 rank before ranks end in the current game. Frost Cloud is an awesome skill and can deal HUGE damage.

New Version:

Old Version:

Linker 1 is good, 2 and 3 are obviously better, but when compared to losing a rank on either Wiz 3 or Sorc 2, I feel like linker is still the place where I’d cut my circles, Linker works best with single targeted skills, in my tree skill three I have these current skills that work VERY well with linker (it multiplies the damage by a lot, a very huge lot):

• Magic Missile: 2 Overheat, 17 sec cooldown, 6 hits (???) [+50% QC Att.] (Not about number of hits, if you aim 1 target you get only 3 hits, but it seems that each missile is able to aim to 3 more targets so I’d guess 9, can’t really be sure but it explodes linked things. This skill is a huge filler, 2 OH 17 CD, is like a godly version of Energy Bolt)

• Summon Familiar: 10 Bats, 35 seconds cooldown [+50% QC Att., +10% Warlock’s Dark property damage attribute, not sure if adds up to 160% or multiples to 165%] (Doesn’t sound like much? You can aim this by throwing magic missiles to linker enemies. You don’t really need to take hits or auto-attack something, any targeted spell makes bats target enemies, They also hit in order, so all 10 hits are shared, attribute multiplies any multipliers you already have.

• Dark Theurge: 25 spirits, 32 seconds cooldown [+50% QC Att., +10% Warlock’s Att.] (Currently considered best scaling skill in the game, unless it gets nerfed it’s bound to have 75 total hits on max level, that on a 32 seconds cooldown, with 2 multipliers AND attributes. Needs Linker to be efficient as 25~75 hits are not much when spread, but a lot when multiplied)

• Pole of Agony: [10+3*(time in the pole)]*(number of targets that touch the pole) hits, 120 seconds cooldown. (Yes, this skill has a cooldown too long, but that is because it is a very OP skill. Take this into considerantion: Hangman’s Knot makes all linked targets come right in front of you, not being able to move or attack for a few seconds. Pole of Agony AND Sleep are both casted right in front of the player when not moved. This is the best skill combo that no one talks about, Pole is not huge because of it’s AoE, it’s huge because those DoT’s are shared so linked (and HK’d) enemies take much more damage, those still in the Pole share it’s hits and take the DoT’s from the ones who already left)

• Invocation: 5 hits per killed mob (Don’t need to say much, 15 hits per killed mob at circle 3 for the cost of only recasting a buff from time to time, that and making dark skills 30% stronger, still have to adapt my gameplay to make the best out of it but well, that’s the point of the game)

• Summon Servant: 5 buffs, 60 sec CD, 4 min duration, (Take around 12 sec to give all buffs, I need around 20 sec to fully recover SP at a bonfire, so that might be considered a combo, if I’d invest points into SP recovery from Sorc I could actually get my SP back up before the cat finishes buffing me I believe. 50 magic def, 50 SP recovery, 50 dark property attack, 5 AoE Attack Ratio, whatever stamina recovery. dark property attack benefits from Warlock and works at best when allied with multihit skills)

• Summon Salamion: looks cool (I have one point in this, already enough to put 5 points into burn attribute, costs little SP, gives around 1k damage and +3k if burn applies, that is shared on links but is not really good, it’s just that as I already had a spare point I bought it’s better buff, I’ll get blind later for PvP)

• Summoning: 2*(number of monsters hit)*(time alive) hits, “infinite” duration (This, to me, looks a lot like Quick cast at lower ranks, this is a tanky archer to walk by your side, tank things where you send him, gives very good damage that scales on INT, has a skill with something like 20+ AoE hits 40 sec cooldown [reduced to 20 if you have another TS card to use morph]. Actually takes 1% SP every 2 seconds, not too much for the damage it deals.)

• Riding: Riding is an awesome skill many people don’t talk about. Temple Shooter has a very good damage skill with 40sec cooldown (20sec cooldown when you have 2 cards). Also riding other bosses that have magical attacks BENEFITS from quickcast, I’m still testing it but some bosses have magical deployment skills, might be nice.

About Summon’s AI (How to play with your summon):

• Summon Range: Once your summon starts attacking, it will keep it’s position until there’s nothing more for him to attack or his target moves away from hit. You can do anything as long as you’re not too far from it. Jump, run and cast skills, anything is fine as long as you are close to your templeslave. The range is a little shorter than Sleep’s range I guess, you have to play it and test it out, but mostly, I just keep making circles and casting things while jumping around him to avoid hits.

• Bad targetting: Sometimes they target things you don’t want them to. If it’s a trap or something like that you can solve it with Links. If you just keep running and get away from summon’s range he will once again start to follow you. I’ve seen mine run once or twice to nowhere like a crazy summon and don’t really know what happened but Hold and casting Summon again make up for it.

• Teleporting with Summon Active: Summon keeps in the place where he is after your teleport. You just have to use Hold and he will cross the entire map to find you. Unsummoning and Summoning again solves that too, 60 sec cooldown is not too much for a skill with no duration.

• High SP cost: I’m level 200 and I’m currently spending NOTHING on potions. I have “0” SPR, currently around 1800 SP, so Templeshooter takes me 18 SP every 2 seconds. Try to read elementalists and other classes SP costs and compare it’s duration and how many SP you spend per second. The only real difference is not having SP recovery, this can be solved with bonfires for cat’s buffing. I’m currently using the SP potions I got from Market for the quests I didn’t get before since level 140 or so. I have still have all the bad ones and around 150 of the “good” ones. 1 Level 10 Condensed Potion would fully recover my SP with 30 sec cooldown. It’s not expensive once you learn how to manage it.

TOPIC (Temple Shooter - 10 Stars Atk Growth):

Temple Shooter level 10 10-stars has 2~4 atq per level and 4 atq points every 1 INT point (8 if you get 2 in the investment and so on). Level 15 gets 5.

14 Likes

Looks great man. Sorcs will age very well! Awesome build +1
I still have some fears that they might nerf WL C1 once C2 gets released but who knows really.

@miyasaki003c

Even if it IS nerfed, it should still have sort of the same gamplay. Just look at all the nerfs and buffs, they generally make it deal less number of hits, last longer or shorter, gives different attributes or make them sort of worse. The point is the playstyle of the class ends up the same, it can get stronger or weaker, but will always “look” like the same class.

Question about this build, not not go wiz1, pyro2, linker1, sorc2 and FF/warlock? Isn’t pyro a higher dps?

@IreliaLyssa

Pyro is an option, but it takes a big amount of SP, which Wiz 3 doesn’t. Also when you take warlock’s later circles you won’t have time to cast those spells, and it’s better to keep temple shooter running for longer then to cast filler spells while your best spells lost the option of having a +50% magical damage multiplier.

Nice build!!! I was supposing to do this build, but couldn’t find any information about sorcerer’s summon bad AI, so i went to Elementalist sadly :confused:

I can’t go back righ now, right?
Wiz>Wiz>Wiz>Ele at the moment

Oh interesting, thank you!

What are your thoughts on featherfoot vs warlock?

Actually, you’re gonna lose a lot of dps if you get wiz3 for this build. It’s better to get pyro2. You get 3 skills that hit for more, and 2 of those have just about the same cool down as Magic Missile.

Where did you see warlock2 skill descriptions?

@Firefly

I understand your point. but the thing here is: You don’t have quickcast and it’s attribute for Ranks 7+

Honestly, Ele 3 will fall HARD in late game, until Ele C2 all you have is so-so Hail and Meteor that stops 1shoting things at 220+ already. You will be left with Frost Cloud.

Pyro 2 is needless to say, it has some multihit skills, but they don’t scale that well, have bad positioning and other problems everyone talks about.

The skills of a High-end Wizard won’t be from his rank 4 DPS class, those will be your filler, as pyro is right now.

EDIT: Warlock have 2 bad skills right now, Mastema and Evil Sacrifice. Invocation and Dark Theurge gets more hits for each level, that is huge scaling considering how deeply they are affected by that and considering max level 15. It is bound to have more damage skills, if you take Elementalist to compare with, he might turn DPS into a whole new sh*t at his 3rd circle.

Also, considering 10 max ranks, ranks 7 or 8 are the last you can get C3.

So you’re telling me that you’re getting quick cast for something that you’re not even sure of?

Warlock1 skills doesn’t have cast time, so why the need for quickcast/surespell?

Also, I’d like to ask about warlock’s later circle. You were implying that warlock’s later circles need quickcast. Where did you see the skill descriptions for circles 2 and 3?

@Firefly

What do you consider not even sure of?

• The game already have level 400+ content designed and enough classes for at least 2 more ranks for each basic class.

• Quickcast is +50% damage e -50% cast time. It is good for any DPS build, we’re talking about the best offensive buff in the game probably.

• Summon Familiar with quickcast and Link beats all Elementalist skills except for Frost Cloud.

• Summons have a LOT of great skills, all magical skills from summons used while riding benefits from Quickcast’s attribute.

• Warlock doesn’t need to get better to work as I said, it actually already works, at C3 Theurge 15 will deal 15 hits x 5 spirits = 75 hits, it can get nerfed but I don’t believe it will, we can barely imagine what level 300/400+ mob’s HP looks like. It can get nerfed, but even at C1 with 7 ranks it’s already dealing 25 hits on a level 5 C1 skill.

• All warlock skills benefit from Quickcast’s attribute, +50% damage on your late-game skills means a lot more than 2 or 3 more skills for rotation from Pyro.

• What I said about the need of quickcast is about it’s attribute. Also it’s very possible that Warlock or any future high rank Wizard paths I decide to go have cast times, not necessarily true, but I’d get Wiz 3 for the +50% damage alone for my build, -50% cast time is just a bonus. Surespell is just a skill I like to have in case I need it at the future actually.

1 Like

As a far future dps build as an alternative to ele3 this one works. Four reasons to reiterate:
-quick cast (dps insurance)
-summon is not subject to the same scaling as elementalist skills will be eventually (correct?)
-that cat doe
-linker to solidify all of your future dps skills even further, not to mention permanent gains with your summon

I don’t know about the 50%. I don’t fully trust the translations in this game.

@Arkova

Yes, you got the whole point of this thing, but there’s more:

• Linker brings the whole build to a new level, HK reduces AOE defense ratio of monsters to 0 or negative numbers, this makes a lot of skills proc much more, even better when combined with Cat’s 5 AoE attack ratio buff. Works wonder with warlock, which will be my C3 DPS class as soon as possible.

• Templeshooter’s damage is very good, many people don’t realize that, but he is a constant hitting dude in a large AoE. You can have 2 cards to use more Summons spells, the magical ones scale with Quickcast. It doesn’t lose to Ele 3 in terms of DPS when you play it correctly by much with 7 ranks released, and his help will be huge difference when you already have enough DPS skills to cast from later circles. (Not that I don’t with my current build, all my DPS skills are have low CD with Warlock, the exception being Pole only)

• Yes, as you stated, I like to think it as the base build of a future proof wizard. Wiz 3 is the best thing DPS wizards can ask for, 2 very low ranks for +50% damage. Sorc 2 brings unique gameplay and permanent damage add up even if you don’t have time to cast it. Linker works wonders with all classes used on the build.

@Firefly

I’m pretty sure about the +50% damage. The only point I’m not sure is if procs on things like property attacks from Arde Daggers and Magical Amplification, but I believe it does since from formula it seems to be some sort of final multiplier added after your damage is calculated.

Have you finished the char or still being made? If you’ve finished, how’s the leveling of it, pretty simple or were there any point in time where you find it hard to solo?

How is the DPS output on this on let’s say a world boss, would you say your chance of getting a cube is pretty high or it falls just a bit short? I’ve been planning to make myself a sorc since the summon is pretty awesome(style points) but at the same time I want a class that can be pretty effective in terms of getting some world boss drops instead of being at the mercy of the sellers.

Thanks again for this guide!! It’s been very very informative and I’m pretty noob to this game…

I’m still at level 200, so not a Warlock yet.

i’m not really trying to do World Bosses before taking Warlock, Warlock is pretty awesome at World Bosses, you should also use 2 templeshooter cards to use his best skill as many times as possible and that with Theurge and Pole of Agony will probably grant me a cube. Can’t really try it yet though.

About the leveling: Hard until I reached Sorc. Wiz 2 > Linker > Wiz 3 makes you very useful for dungeon. At 200 Templeshooter is more than enough, at 220+ mobs get huge HP boosts but I should get Warlock by then, so I hope it won’t be a problem. The only real pain in the ass was before getting Wiz 3, even when you only have Linker and MM + QC you can already finish many mobs at once.

You said ele skills will fall off once higher ranks are introduced. Do you think that templeshooter’s damage will fall off too? Or will he still be a reliable tank? As i read from others, monster’s damage go really high at high lvls. You think he can keep up when higher ranks are out?

Elementalis’s hail and frost cloud will probably never fall off cause of the # of hits they can do.
Hail is great on linked enemies, but best for bossing dps. Vs a large target, it can hit 100+ times.
As for electrocute/meteor, they could be replaced with stone curse. Going by a video ive seen before stone curse’s effective aoe seems larger than just ‘a line in front of you’. If thats the case, its a decent cc 30sec knockout skill.

Summoning scales with 1.3x INT at level 10, you get 10% more INT at each rank, so that’s 1.9 x 1.3 x any points put in INT turned into his attack. Also scales with player’s level so that’s a 2 timed scaling.

At late game it’s not a very reliable tanker, but it is still the only thing of the sort any wizards class have. You can use Riding so he takes most damage in your place, remember he is most likely going to have better def and HP than you, so it just can not turn bad.

About Ele skills: Just take a look at their real number of hits and damage. Hail is mainly good for bosses, in general grind is just a small pump to Frost Cloud. Meteor is good for 1HKO at PvP but that’s not doable at later PvE.

I’m pretty sure it can NOT hit a boss for 100 times and that is the ONLY real good use of Hail, NO Ele 3 takes Linker, don’t make it sound like a common combo, even with links it’s not that great of a skill.

Another point: Guess what does the boss at Earth Tower level 10 do? Erases AoE attacks like Hail and Frost Cloud. That’s why people are stuck there, Elementalists can’t even touch this sort of boss.

Elementalist skills when higher ranks come:

• GOOD: Frost Cloud (PvE only), Meteor (PvP only, PvE for high burst but is already not good enough with monsters having 200k+ HP and you hitting ~50k with it)

• USABLE: Hail (Boss only, useful on Earth Tower because it has just too many mobs, still doesn’t deal enough damage to be really good in those situations as it’s hits are totally spread), Stone Curso (CC is always good, people don’t take it because with 7 ranks released, e class that closes 3rd circle on rank 6 or 7 is the best you can with right now)

• BAD: Eletrocute, Proeminence, Rain, Freezing Sphere. All of these might be usable with Linker but are not close to good in a Wiz 3 > Ele 3 build.

I’m torn between this and cryo>kino3>necro2.
I might choose this path because cat buffs dark damage and warlock class attribute buffs dark damage, there’s also a shadowmancer class soon to come so these dark buffs might be useful.