Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Hi and yes I meant equip them in my grimoire and summon them, first I have to decide on my Summoner build though. as I’m stuck with one choice left to make:

What as 4th Rank, I am Wiz3 and have to pick something to ‘fill’ before I can pick summoner.

I’m not sure what I could possibly take at rank1 that I will not regret later.

On a side note I love exploring and have died countless times on a lvl 200++ map, some of them are one exit away from a lvl 50 map lol.

i had made a long wall text about changes in the past mostly about this ridding skill that should be a transformation like druid or something similar , i was going to post on the suggestion board but later on i simple lost my motivation, mainly when druid changes start to come with his transformation (skill side) but nothing came with sorcerer i was waiting for them to put those changes in sorc as well but again there is no more motivation to post it anymore right now i just try to keep update with the news about sorcerer because it takes me a long time to write texts like that because of my lack of English grammar and so on (i’m not native English speaker), so i will just wait for IMC to do his thing maybe in the future once i got my hands on my rexipher card it will give me my motivation back to work on it and play with it.

linker 1 is the best choice , and since you’re wiz 3 u can go sorc 2/ 3 then sage, or sorc 2 warlock 2

wow so lucky. You just started and someone gave you a bunch of cards including Tomb Lord. I’d like to know who that someone is. The rest of us new sorc suffers from lack of cards.

I’m pretty sure that ones the best out of those 3, but TempleShooter is still the best for sorc.

Yes, I’m very happy with those cards :smiley:

Tomb lord and Riteris look really cool, I need to decide on a build fast so I can either use them or sell tham, any advice on a build for end game PVP?

I’m pretty sure I’m going for one of the below builds but it’s a hard choice.

Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc2>WL2
Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc2>WL1>Sage1

Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc1>WL2
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc1>WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc2>WL1

Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc2
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc1>WL1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >WL2

Wiz3> kino or link 1 >Chrono3> Then Last point in WL1/Sage1/Sorc1

saw this patch

Summoning
○ If the Caster is in a non-combat state for more than 1-Minute, the Summoned monster will no longer fight. If the caster begins attacking again, the Summon will also begin fighting again.

hope this won’t effect us legit player, I’m too used to send my TS in and let it draw agro before I attack

you’ll want to keep Tomb lord, it’s attack have knock down, it’s useful in some situation. I don’t pvp so I cant answer the other question, however for the 1st build you can check out this thread

This will “nerf” only affect legit players in ONE situation:

• If you ever did AFK bossing, like you can be very far from the boss and send TS near him, he will hit the boss but the boss itself won’t move because no player has entered his “sight” range.

Even then, you might be able to still do that if you use some skill away from the boss every 50 secs.

For AFK farmers: go Necro.

As said in posts before, Temple Shooter does his normal damage in high mdef mobs, mine has ~4,8k atk with gear under level 220, full INT. He dies in 15~20 seconds alone vs mobs but who doesn’t? Just ask the healer to heal him or make him walk over remaining healing tiles.

Familiar has Base Damage dependant on level, level 5 = 60% matk, level 10 = 80% matk, level 15 = 100% matk. Considering Sorc 3 doesn’t take Warlock, that’s 88% vs 100% matk, and a 33% stronger TS than C1 (INT-wise) vs a 20% stronger than C2 for a C3.

Those and control skills: Riding, Attack Ground and Hold are what turns TS from a stupid beast to a Controled one, it’s up to you if he misses or lands his attacks to be honest, just don’t try to avoid magic-like AoE attacks thinking you’re fine because you’re on top of your summon because ToS logic is not like that, use it and test out what you can and what you can not avoid.

I got attributes at this: 50 MM, 50 Familiars, 56 DT. I got ~1,5k matk +250 atk properties at least.

MM hits 4,5~5k, Fam 7~8k, DT 9~10k.

Regarding Linker Circles:

The tide is shifting, for meelee players, they need way less than 60 hits from Linker C1 to deal ~500k damage, just consider their base damage, multipliers and Crits.

The same is true for a 4k+ matk version of my own build with 80+ attributes, I would be MOST LIKELY be able to deal those 500k damage within my Hit Count.

a 4k matk (matk + atk properties) Frost Cloud, 100% attribute, with Quickcast, on a 2,3k mdef mob, will deal

(4000 - 2300 + 650) * 3 = 2350*3 = 7050/tick
210k if you can land it fully.

a 4k matk (matk + atk properties) Fam + DT, 100% attribute, with Quickcast and Warlock’s dark attribute, on a 2,3k mdef mob, will deal

Fam
(4000 + 2700 - 2300) * 3,3 = 14,5k / bat
10 bats = 145k

DT
(4000 + 1900 - 2300) * 3,3 = 11,9k / DT
30 hits = 357k

145 + 357 = 502k

You still have Mastema, PoA, Summoning and whatever C3 brings aside from the linked pack.

More and more mobs become resistant to linker as Circles goes by, that makes too many targets less important, still great and all, but for some game modalities you might want a DPS boost instead of a supportive one.

1 Like

I actually did that a lot when I solo farm in certain dg such as 130 and 190 where the boss have some crazy magic damage haha.

oops, forgot to tag @xxflash112 in my previous post, hope he’ll saw your comment.

Okay, it’s a long time since the last time I posted around here, but I’ve been testing some things, and I wanted to share.

For starters, my build right now is Wiz1-Pyro1-Linker1-Thaum1-Sorc3-Sage1; I just got into level 316. As you can see, while I wait for the Agni Necklace, my only source of damage are the sorcerer skills (mainly the Summon);

My build was full int, with a few points into Con. The Templeshooter was hitting for something like ~8k when it critted, but I started to have a big problem (well, it’s something that everyone is suffering, but anyway): The Templeshooter wasn’t surviving long enough to kill things around, as their damage is such ridiculously high.

Before that, it was normal for his natural defense and my base spirit to be enough to almost all hits be 1 damage only. But when you get into the new maps, things get complicated. 2k+ damage is normal, so if you get something like 3+ creature, he just instantly dies. And as you know, if you try to kill something alone as a Sorcerer, it’s a pain (Almost all damage comes from linked mobs anyway…)

Let’s use the Inner Wall 8 map as an example; he just exploded with the attacks (and well, Pole of Agonies…). I was having a very hard time around, and it was impossible for me to solo this map (yeah, I know, almost everyone have these problems on the new maps)

So I started to think about… investing in Spirit, after all.

First, some math; If you have a Level 10 card, and Level 15 Summoning, you get 5 points per status point you have. For example, if you have 100 Int, you get 500 extra Physical Attack. If you have 100 Spirit, it is 500 extra Defense.

Defense is basically into a 1-to-1 basis (not exactly, but let’s simplify things.); I used my stat pot reset and just slammed 100 Spirit into my build and… I didn’t expect it to change as much as it did.

Right now, I’ve completed all the Inner Wall maps solo; I can actually grind things around with my Templeshooter, and of course, I need to take a lot of care, otherwise they just explode me, but it’s working.

I think that the old idea that ‘no spirit builds’ were the best is no longer true. You NEED those extra defense points, and honestly, 1 Spirit for 5 defense (or 4 with Sorc2, if I remember correctly), is a very good deal. If you add the extra spirit you get with the 315 Rod (or staff), you can get into a very safe spot, where you can actually trust that your summon isn’t just going to explode in a second.

Thoughts about it?

I think your SPR investment is viable if your objectives is to “survive” and solo play(well though Sorc don’t get much love in party play cried), since you don’t have much CC to assist your summon. Just more points in SPR also mean your expenses on SP pot increase as well…(SP drain % hurt).

Sorcerer in party play is all about linking mobs and abusing the fact that your skills doesn’t have an AOE Ratio (If you link 5 creatures and hit every one of them with your TS, you can easily hit for 50k+ each…), but well, it’s the same when soloing, though… =P

The increase on SP cost wasn’t really big, I think it’s because I use level 15 pots… Yeah, it did increase, but the survivability gain was WAY bigger.

The problem with those maps are that even if you have a lot of CC, you’re not going to be able to lock the monsters for long enough, as they all have 150k+ HP… You need the tanking ability imo. Spirit gives you that.

but keep in mind soccer summon grim consume sp by%
if ur spr too high ur sp will be much。same timing for duration after summon。if ur sp can be fill by lvl 10
sp pot is enough。but if ur spr too much u need lvl15 sp pot。

you mean with Linker combo is it?

Yeah…so it’s either we survive long enough to take them down, or kill them fast enough before they react to kill our baby templeshooter. :joy:

Salute to you by bringing Summon to 4 stars map!

Do not invest in SPR.

New gear gives TONS of SPR, if that’s what you want, go for it in your gears (yes, I’m was also thinking about tested how effective SPR gear would be for TS’s survival)

some SPR is surely the way to go solo-ish 280+ in a Sorcerer reliant build(IMO Sorcerer and Necro are the best wizards to solo after 274 due to high base damage) but, how stats work, I’d still go full INT and look for SPR items if that is really necessary.
Swaping to SPR items before Summoning should give ~50 SPR without endgame items.

max petamion, sage wall, holy smasher, protas trousers are a few of them

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought about fully depending on items, but sincerely? I think that getting something like ~80 Spirit from items is not enough. I prefer to get something like 200 total with the items, so you can easily handle things around

But yeah, the int loss really hurts, as the game benefits you for focusing on fewer status =/

The damage loss that I have is really acceptable as of now; when I get my lvl 315 weapon, I want to see how things are going, and then maybe I use the stat pot to get less spirit. But as things are right now, no way I am doing that

1 Like

I am not gonna give up on my class just because some dumb things happened =( I have 3 different sorc builds, and I really like the idea of the class, even though there is a lot of meh things about it (Evocation, I am looking at you… Just… WHY?)

3 Likes

Im still hoping they actually have a good plan for improving issues with sorcerer but still need time to finish them. (Due to not being a priority etc.) Also that the plan would involve evocation as well and what we have now is some dumb placeholder. :confused:

1 Like

I can’t really take Evocation seriously right now. I got 1600 Matk, and it hits for something like 4k damage… It’s a joke.

Yeah I refuse to believe it is working as intented. :sob: