Tree of Savior Forum

Full Dark DPS Wizard Build: Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock explained in details

U cant be serious. Now the trend is to make all past ranks useless as they implement new ones. So u telling me Ele 3 will fall off when rank 8,9 and 10 are released LOL. What i truly believe is ur thoughts are too linear imo. Every single class u get matters in some extension, and Ele 3 is the MOST consistent build for damage right now, and i cant see a generic Sorc 2 build outDPSing an Ele 3, not by far. Summon damage scales terribly as the max level is 10 for ur cards and 1.3xINT is nothing compared to multi-hits spells like frost cloud + quickcast.

People say all the time sorc damage starts to get really bad past 200 and i think they are probably right sadly. Sorc isn’t meant to be a huge modafocker DPS controlling a boss, it is meant to be some hybrid/constant damage class, that’s why linker and even pyro goes well with it.

About earth tower, i’m afraid even if Ele 3 is not that useful against that specific boss u mentioned, it is still quite decent in Earth tower overall and if it is to be replaced i would probably put another heavy single target DPS class such as some archer builds, not a sorcerer for sure, unless u have something else to offer besides okayish damage (linker 3 or cryo 3 and so on).

I think u have a really good build (not sure about wiz 3, but may be better than pyro anyway) but u are spreading things that are just not true. Even being a rank 4 class Elementalist brings so much more to the table when it comes to overall damage compared to Sorc considering the long run (Ele C3).

And no matter how many ranks they put in, u will always be casting Magic Missile , frost cloud, Hail and so on due to skill cooldowns which are huge overall. That’s why u will never be sustained by only warlock skills as long as their cooldowns remain HUGE.

I play this build. Let me tell you why I don’t really like it.

1. Join Penalty breaks very easily. It will sometimes break after 1 cast of Magic Missile.

2. Hangman’s Knot was severely nerfed. It’s basically worthless at rank 5.

3. Invocation is not great for grinding on the move.

4. Pole of Agony’s AoE is small and it has a ridiculous CD. Nothing like casting it on a boss just as it moves out of range.

5. Summoning absolutely destroys your mana. SP pots aren’t cheap.

6. Attack Ground and Hold are essentially broken. After using AG, your devil will often disengage for no reason. If you use hold even one time your devil will simply stop ‘following you’ (even if you use AG). These might get fixed later.

7. Dismissing your devil in a group is impossible, due to how many buffs you’ll end up with on the second row. They may add a different way to dismiss him later on.

8. Salamion is a slow, uncontrollable idiot. The thing will often do nothing or draw unwanted aggro. It may get fixed.

9. Morph is broken, or basically worthless. Might get fixed later.

Misc. - Sleep is slow and doesn’t always ‘hit’ (and I don’t mean it gets resisted, it just flat out fails a lot, maybe due to lag). Surespell is basically worthless, though it might have utility past rank 7.

So, until they fix all the bugs and improve the AI, this build is basically just a huge annoyance. Even then, it won’t be as good as I’d hoped.

2 Likes

Would rune caster work with this build?

1 Like

@leowow

Yes, I understand your point, Ele won’t fall as hard as Pyro does, but as you said yourself, only frost cloud is truly good in Ele 3 path, also even a pyro 3 good under the right setup.

Every class falls off past 200, is that thing you feel when you can’t one shot things with meteor. I can still do 28~50k to a large area with templeshooter skill. Even better when I get another Templeshooter card (40 sec cooldown, 1 “overheat” for each card when morphing)

It is, Wiz 3 > Ele 3 is currently meta build for DPS Wizard on 7 ranks. It will always be solid because you have at least 2 or 3 good skills on each branch for your later ranks. The problem is right now rank 7 classes, when combined with Linker, can deal VERY high damage, even more with quickcast, that is not a doable build for a Wiz 3 > Ele 3.

If you’d like to know current kToS build of the future for DPS Wizards is Wiz 3 > Linker 1+, they generally take it to 2 or 3. All rank 7 DPS classes are multihit but singletarget, this build gives you a total of 750%/1200%/1500% in damage for singletarget attacks with quickcast att ON.

Very good build, if not the best for Sorc.

Don’t take pyro. Trust my experience.

Vilgear. Sorc 254 (pyro-linker2-sorc3)

Class: Linker
Difficulty: Hard

Class: Sorcerer
Difficulty: Hard

All the problems you mentioned are problems I used to have when I didn’t really know how to play the class.

1. Joint Penalty breaks whenever: The mob you are casting it on dies before it finishes it’s animation. ANY linked mob goes away from skill’s max range. If you ever record a video of it breaking for any reason other than that try posting it here so we can try to figure out the problem. You can also miss your JP if you don’t know it’s range or how to aim it.

2. Hangman’s Knot was a skill that lets you pull all mobs together and making they stay like that doing nothing for longer than it’s cooldown at C3. Right now it’s not a supreme CC anymore, it has low duration but also low cooldown. Also the effect of bringing all linked enemies right in front of the caster is very useful, some sort of fast-food version of Frost Pillar.

3. Invocation really is not great for the grinding on the move, but don’t expect to be grinding on the move when mobs hit level 300~400+ and have 400k+ HP probably. That’s when Invocation will feel right, when you kill a linked pack with invocation active and is already able to “finish” another pack if link is available.

4. Pole of Agony works wonders with a combo: JP+HK+Sleep+QC+Pole of Agony. I still have to see it’s scaling and things like that but to me it looks like a 1-point wonder for Warlocks.

5. Summon destroys your mana for a reason, you don’t manage it well enough. Bonfires are 30 silver each, you take 15~20 seconds to recover full SP, not much longer than the time cat takes to buff you up, if you didn’t read the topic at sorc C2 I’m using Quest potions at level 200 and can cast all my skills + Templeshooter best skill 100% of the time for 3~4 straight minutes, then sit for 15 secs, and barely use any potion at all.

6. Control skills are situational. They really should be improved, but I don’t think they will put enough effort into that as it’s currently not so bad (again, if you know it’s problems, learn how to overcome them, if you read the topic and start to understand summon’s range you don’t even really need them if you don’t want TS to go ahead of you).

7. In a group is the on youplace where you can let them go and sit for 15 seconds when you simply get to 0 SP if we’re talking about dungeons. If you’re talking about grinding groups they already want you for Linker 1+, anything else is just a add-up.

8. Salamion is stupid, yes. It is a filler skill to recast every 60 seconds with chance to proc both Blind and Burn status. Also at least is one more hit. Getting aggro might be used to your favor. I’m learning ways to go around in maps that makes mobs aim for my summons/companion instead of me even when they’re following me in my back and not with control skills.

9. Not at all. Morph let’s you have another card with different Summon spells. Also they don’t share cooldown so you can have 2 Templeshooters to use 2 XBow skills (S skill) every 20~40 seconds (not sure on the cooldown). The current problem of morph is it doesn’t use the 1st cards stats as described on the skill, that really is wrong and I hope they fix it. You can just 10 star another card with a skill to your liking. But 10 star a templeshooter and when they fix it you can sell it.

10. Sleep: Sleep is very good and you are bad at using it, seriously. Every skill has animation time so you have to learn the timing of each skill. If you get interrupted before it lands you go on cooldown before it affects mobs, otherwise it lands, can only be resisted. You also have to aim correctly to make the best out of it’s range.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

@fitzfeliz

I like your build a lot and almost changed mine to one similar to yours.

• Wiz 3 > Linker > Thauma > Necro > Featherfoot. Necro would be your filler damage for featherfoot, linker is a class I’d only take at 1 or 3 for my build. Necro has flesh cannon and hoop for damage with good hitcount but bad scaling on later circles, that’s why I’d replace it on your linker rank.

or

• Wiz > Pyro > Linker 3 > Thauma > Featherfoot. This is more supportive, I like the idea of being able to share either huge CON or huge INT.

We cant stop saying lies please? Hail lvl 15 its fuking awesome the damage that have the skill, Wiz3-Ele3 with the combo Quickcast+Hail+Frost Cloud have insane damage.

And no, The Best part of Wiz3-Ele3, its a “late game” build.

Im curious where do you have information that ele3 gonna fall off with later ranks.

I understand that wizard have other builds apart from the wiz3-ele3-Warlock but stop lying about “things” that no one have information.

Wiz3-Ele3 is great for current “late game”.

Active spells, specialy ones with restrictions like long cast time will eventualy fall off in favor of the rank8+ spells, and become “filler” spells in the rotation.

Summons on the other hand will keep contributing no matter what since they require very little input.

Of course this is just theorycrafting since we have no info on rank8+, but still it is a very likely scneario.

This build is actually legit. Thanks!

1 Like

If meteor doesn’t one shot at 200, think of lvl 600.
Summon works as a filler damage in the late game to compliment your damage, and btw it has scaling unlike the rest of the skills which are flat.
You can upgrade cards to make them scale better I believe.
Linker will never not be useful, let’s be real.

Yeah i know linker is GREAT with the current rank 7 classes for sure. The thing is if u want to optmize party play u will always have a dedicated linker 3 in your party , giving huge efficiency and stats/buffs. So maybe in a soloing perspective every wizard that gets linker c1 will benefit ALOT for sure,but u dont always have to get it all. That’s why the ele 3 path helps alot with the AoE skills for filler in the future, and some utility with hail freezing mobs, rain to boost lightining damage (future class maybe), and frost cloud melting stuff.

In that matter, that’s why wiz 3 - linker 3 - warlock for example is REALLY popular in ktos, but we gotta say they didn’t get any nerf on linker so this build is a BEAST there. So if they party with some High INT, STR and etc characters, with lifeline they will do so much for the party and also deal lots of damage due to leeched stats from lifeline.

But ur build is legit and i was thinking of running something simmilar in the future, to test out the summoner path. Good job, it’s the best build for a sorcerer thinking in the long run for sure.

care to elaborate? what’s the difference between the ktos build and the one suggested by OP?

This combo you are talking about doesn’t have great damage because of Hail, it has because of Frost Cloud. As I stated, Frost Cloud is very good, the only Elementalist 3 skill that you will really be using as much as possible to the end of the game probably.

Hail is good against bosses and every elementalist nows that. It also deals some additional damage so people put it above frost cloud but any Ele 3 should be honest on how it’s useless on PvP or general PvE considering you have no Linker.

I have that information because I can understand the mechanics and calculations this game is based on. Here’s one challenge: Take a pack of mobs and make videos clearing it with different skill combinations using your Ele C3, just don’t use Frost Cloud, that obviously need to be on at least 100k+ HP monsters.

Honestly, I don’t have a fixed party and when it comes to random dungeon setup this is how it goes:

• I have not seen even ONE Linker 3 in the whole game since I started playing it, some Linker 2, some Linker 1, not one Linker 3. Also as long as the linkers know how to play they can just setup subsequent links when mobs die instead of using it over linked mobs.

I’m pretty sure Ele 3 will give you good fillers for late game, there’s a reason why it’s current meta DPS build for Wizards, even if I say it will fall off it may get buffed or ranks can simply take too long to come out.

My point here is not to say my build is the best available, as I stated it’s an alternative to Ele 3 build, simply because I don’t like to go for such a simple and overused build and wanted to build something with good damage but also a nice set of situational spells for PvP, solo grinding and such.

Actively playing the game past level 220. Compare an elementalist’s skills at rank 6 versus the damage they put out in dungeons after hitting rank 7. You’ll see that their skills are still strong, but that they are already beginning to be effected by scaling.

Frost Cloud -in a similar way to fireball stacking- relies on its hit count(well, limited by number of targets now), tick speed, and duration to counter scaling as it slowly takes the backseat to skills that will arrive at rank 8 and above. Its not a “lie” its the way the game itself is set up. Dps skills have shelf lives. Typically a class’s damage skills start to fall off a couple ranks after branching away from said class.

So more to you’re point: elementalists have a quality skill set for their level range but that fact of the matter is that every single one of ele’s skills is inevitably subject to scaling.

lv 280 not feeling the scaling yet
140k hp monsters melt under frost cloud

That being said, a wiz3link2-3 build will not be useful till like class circle 9
Its not a good idea to wait that long imo, maybe have it as a secondary character

@yyang_umd

Under frost cloud or under all your deployment spells?

It’s damage won’t get much higher, monster’s HP will.

280 is still the range from 200+ when it comes to monster’s HP, we don’t know when they get their next HP bump.

Also, can you provide video of your spells acting alone on monsters pack?

With frost cloud we dont really look at the flat damage but rather how much int (matk) you have.
As with all multi hit spells, you can pretend that it scales with #hits*(%matk/hit)
Lets say frost cloud is 200% matk/tick, then 33 tick = 6600% over 10 seconds. Thats pretty good.

Other spells like meteor I can understand. Meteor sucks anyways and I hate it.