Tree of Savior Forum

Early classes for Sorceror / Pyro damage falloff

So I’m planning on making a Sorcerer/Warlock once May 10 is here, since the two classes seem to synegize rather nicely. I know I’m going for Wiz1 > ??? > ??? > ??? > Sorc1 > Sorc2 > Warlock1 in terms of classes, but I’m not sure what to get for Ranks 2-4. Back in CBT everyone was picking Pyromancer, but looking over more recent threads the prevailing opinion seems to be that Pyro falls off drastically late game in terms of damage, and that any other class is better.

So, does Pyromancer really suck that much at later levels? I would’ve thought that the fact that Int stat gets applied to each individual hit of a spell would mean that the Pyro skills still manage to scale decently due to the fact that they all do many hits of damage over time, and I remember both Fireball and Flame Ground were great for grinding huge mobs and fighting bosses during CBT. Has the class been nerfed since then? Also, it seems to me that since I intend to go for Sorcerer/Warlock for my later Ranks, skipping Pyromancer for more utility-based classes means I won’t have many damage spells of my own with low cooldowns, which I’ll probably need for activating Invocation and for when my summoned Demon isn’t out.

My original plan was to use a build like the following:

But given the above concerns I’m thinking it might be wise to change it to something different. Anyone have any advice on the matter?

you could check this thread out

For pve, it’s pretty much playable. The main issue is that temple shooter is dealing so much sustain damage (1.7k dmg x 2) that you don’t feel like using rank 1-4 skill And hold and attack command need sp to cast. The sp management need to be very good. Flame ground drop off at level 170. The only skill scale well is just fireball… Which always get screw up by melee players.

My recommendations:

Try to use command skills for Summon the least possible, they walk following you just fine and if you can keep your maximum distance from your summon it will stay still and attacking even if you are jumping around. Hold and Attack Ground are for specific purposes like making the summon into a tanker or into a heavy turret for PvP .

This gives you more time to cast other spells, right now I’m using JP + HK + QC + MM + Familiar all the time with summon ON and using S skill from temple shooter as much as possible. I just don’t wast time on useless skills, try to compare the damage a Pyro skill will give you with the damage the amount of SP spent on that skill can give you.

One last point: Summon’s attack scale is huge, for 8 levels mine got 70 attack points since I started saving his attack data. He is still 6 stars so he should have probably got something around 100+ attack if he was 10 stars (doesn’t matter when you upgrade the stars, max stats is the same). Try to compare that on how your own wizard grows with INT.