Tree of Savior Forum

► UPDATED: 18/12◄ kOBT Preview - up-to-date patch notes, new classes and skills, Orsha town and more! [BIG POST]

kOBT information

Source of the text: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=402
I added myself the videos and information I found in different places to keep all the information in one place. Respective sources should be posted above/below the info.

I took a lot of information from the following topic: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-kcbt3-changes-summary There are over 1000 posts there, therefore I chose the most interesting ones. Most of them were written by DiscKZee and Riunia.

Changelog
18-12-2015 // Added patch notes and new changes tab “Cash Shop”, also added the information about the monetization
15-12-2015 // Added patch notes, skill descriptions for Musketeer, Cannoneer, Warlock, Templar and Dragoon.
13-12-2015 // Added Shinobi, 13/12 patch notes, extra Musketeer stuff, video of Cyclone attribute, cooldowns of Plague Doctor and Warlock.
12-12-2015 // Added 12/12 patch notes

PATCH NOTES

18/12 patch notes: http://pastebin.com/hYpDrpWA

kCBT3 // kOBT patch notes archive: http://pastebin.com/jzB7Mwt6
author: DiscKZee

Unless stated otherwise, all of the below information has been provided by DiscKZee (ToS Community loves you)!

Click on to read patch notes/changes for a given class!
they’re in separate posts, will unfold when clicked

Last updated: 18/12

General

Cash Shop

Archer

Wizard

Swordsman

Cleric

What do we know already about the paid features?

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3xa00i/what_we_currently_know_about_tree_of_saviors/

TP (Tree of Savior Points) is a premium currency used to buy special items and services. TP can be obtained in two ways:

• Accumulated over time. Any time your current TP is less than 5, you’ll recover TP at the rate of 1 TP every 2 hours, with a timer shown in your inventory screen. You also don’t need to be online to gain TP, it will recover automatically while offline up to 5. You won’t generate TP on servers that you haven’t created a team name on though.

• Purchased for real money. At the moment the real world cost of TP is unknown, but you’ll be able to purchase TP boxes for your character, which can be opened to add to your current TP total. This means that you can leave the boxes unopened to continue to gain free TP until the time when you want to make a purchase.

You won’t be able to purchase TP until the game officially launches, so for now you’re limited to only free TP.

Here are the current costs of items in TP (will likely change in the future):

• Resurrection Gem (2TP) - If you have one in your inventory, you can resurrect in place if you die. Doing so consumes the gem.

• Megaphone (1TP) - Allows you to send a shout message to the server.

• Warp Scroll (1TP) - Allows you to teleport to any statue at no cost.

• Character Name change (9TP)

• Team Name Change (150TP)

• Unlock new lodge skin (64TP)

• Expanding Warehouse Space (20TP to add 10 additional slots)

In addition to these items, we know for sure that buying additional character slots will cost TP (you start with 4 slots and can add to a max of 12), and you’ll also buy Tokens for TP.

Tokens

One of the items that will be available for TP is called a Token. Using the token will give you a series of premium benefits for the next 30 days. The token effect applies to all your characters on the server that use use the item. The token itself can be put on the market, which means you can purchase it from other players for silver. Playing from a participating netcafe in Korea gives roughly the same benefits, which don’t stack.

Here are are how tokens change what you can do:

Interview about how TP and monetisation will work

article: http://tos.nexon.com/community/tosnotice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=817
translation: DiscKZee

What is TP?

• TP is the ‘Premium Currency’ for Tree of Savior.

• You can acquire it for free (up to 5 TP), and can purchase more (unlimited).

• Free TP will be gained every 2 hours, includes offline time. Once you have 5 TP or more, you will no longer gain free TP. You will begin acquiring free TP again when you go below 5.

• You must have a Team Name and a Character on the specific server you play on to acquire TP. (i.e. If you want TP on other servers, you’ll need to at least have a character on there.)

What is it used for?

• Character and Team Name changes (Costs 150 TP to change Team Name, as seen in the screenshot.)

• Housing skins (i.e. Barrack skins)

• Nothing else listed at the time, but there is a TP Shop which will most likely contain other premium items, i.e. EXP Boosts, Potions, Cosmetics and Tokens.

What are ‘Tokens’?

• A ‘Token’ is an item which, when used, applies a certain affect to your entire Team on the same server for a duration of 30 days. (i.e. Affects all of your characters on one server.)

What are the effects of a ‘Token’?

• Enables the use of 1:1 private trading. Unsure if you can trade between a token character and a non-token character.

• Enables the use of the Buy-in Shop feature.

( Market fees and tax reduced (same amount as Nexon PC Cafe bonus)

• Can list 5 items in the market at once (same amount as Nexon PC Cafe bonus)

• Can learn 2 attributes at once (Nexon PC Cafe players can learn 3 at once)

• Movement Speed increases by 3 (Same as Nexon PC Cafe)

Extra Questions

Q) When can I purchase TP?
A. Nexon will announce when you are able to in a later announcement.

Q) Do Tokens and TP apply to the entire account?
A. TP balance and Token effects apply to all characters on the same server. For example, if you apply a Token on Vakarine, all of your characters in Vakarine will have the effects, but your characters in Ausrine will not have the effect. TP balance is also on a per server basis.

Q) Can I gift TP to someone else?
A. No, you cannot purchase TP as a gift or trade it to other players.

Q) Can I sell ‘Tokens’?
A. Yes, you can sell Tokens on the market, but not via 1:1 trades or buy-in shops. There is a limitation on the amount of Tokens you can have listed in the market at a time. (?; might need someone to double check this, selling tokens via market is clear, but the limitation wasn’t too clear.)

1. Players can now choose the starting point.

In CBT version, players started their journey on Klaipeda after getting the divine revelations from the goddesses. In OBT version, however, players can start their journeys from the new city “Orsha.”

The Orsha route will largely be the same as the Klaipeda route. Both will have Rank 4 advancement, the storage service and etc. However, the Orsha route will provide players with new areas to explore and new quests to complete. The players from both Klaipeda and Orsha will join paths in “Femidian.”

▲ When creating a character, one can choose the starting city. This choice does alter the early quests and progression.

Orsha City Tour by Eka Gim

Orsha City Tour by Steparu

2. The level cap will be raised to Lvl. 280.

In CBT3, players could only reach the lvl. 200 and progress up to Petrified City. The new version will allow players to reach lvl. 280 and new areas will be unlocked.
New areas mean new boss monsters and new soundtracks, not to mention new collection for each area.

▲ The current highest accessible area

New World Map

FULL MAP: http://toscamp.com/map/map3.php

3. Each area has its own rank.

In the previous version, the fields and dungeons only had names. In the OBT version, ranks will appear with their names. (E.g. Field ★★, Dungeon ★★★)

As the rank goes up, so do the overall difficulty and the penalty. The rewards will suit the challenges, so don’t worry. Some monsters in the high-ranking fields might be capable of pre-emptive strikes like those of the dungeon monsters. So, you need to stay alert.

▲ Field ★★★, the monsters will attack first.

4. Rank 7 Class will be added.

Now your characters can advance to the rank 7 along with two other circles for Rank 6.
Let me introduce our new classes in the following.

Shinobi

source: General kTest Thread

• Shinobi is confirmed a Hidden Class. Under the ‘HiddenJob’ parameter, ‘YES’ is listed. Every other class has a NO listed.
  • Shinobi is a Rank 7 Swordsman class, which is confirmed.
  • Here’s the class description (in hangul):

시노비는 인법을 사용한 특수한 전법을 펼치는 전사계 클래스입니다. 길고 힘든 수련을 거친 소수의 사람만이 시노비가 될 수 있습니다.

Shinobi’s skills

Click on to read the information and watch the videos of the skills!
They’re in a separate post, will unfold when clicked.

Dragoon

Dragoons are elite spear-wielding soldiers. They will gain more bonuses if they use two-handed spears instead of one-handed ones.

Dragoon’s Skills

Extra Dragoon Stuff

Templar

Templars are the commander class that can form and manage guilds.
Only the Templar classes can be the guild masters and choose the path a guild could take.
For more info on the Guild system, please read the subsection below.

Templar’s Skills

Warlock

Warlocks use the power of evil spirits. They can summon or control evil spirits by defeating the enemies.

Warlock’s Skills

Featherfoot

Featherfoots are the wizards that absorb the life force of the enemies or put curses on the enemies to make combat easier for your allies.

Featherfoot’s Skills

Extra Featherfoot Stuff

Cannoneer

Cannoneers are the archer-type class. The cannon they use do have some shortcomings such as leaving windows of vulnerability before and after firing a shot and cannons might be troublesome to use from time to time. However, you can trust its firepower and the range of area it can cover.
Cannons, just like the pistols, fall into sub-weapon category and can be equipped along with crossbow items.

Cannoneer’s Skills

Musketeer

Musketeers are the gunner class that uses a rifle. They cannot wield it along with a bow but the musket has high attack speed and effective close-quarter combat skills.

Musketeer Skills

Extra Musketeer Stuff

Plague Doctor

Plague Doctors are the cleric-type class that high expertise in curing abnormalities of the allies or incinerate that of the enemies.

The bird-like beak mask they wear has been treated with special chemicals that protect them against major abnormalities.

Plague Doctor’s Skills

Extra Plague Doctor Stuff

Kabbalist

Kabbalists are the clerics that practice the ancient magic known as Kabbalah. They either support their allies with infinite power or analyze the enemies’ names to aid them in combat.

Kabbalist’s Skills

5. Guild System will be added.

Click on to read more info on guild system!!
it’s in a separate post due to the character limit, will unwind when clicked

6. Magic Amulets will be added.

The magic amulets that have been distributed for testing purposes in the CBT version will be made available from the lvl. 220.
When a magic amulet is attached to one’s shield or weapon, it will grant special stats.

The charm attached on the shield is a magic amulet. It can also be attached to weapon.

7. Skill changes for Rank 5+ classes

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3vxevh/skill_changes_for_rank_5_classes/

[Sorcerer C2]

• Attack Ground
  • Riding
  • Morph
  • Hold

[Chronomancer C3]

• Back masking

[Necromancer C2]

• Disinter
  • Corpse Tower
  • Raise Dead

[Alchemist C2]

• Gem roasting
  • Magnum Opus

[Fletcher C3]

• Singijeon

[Monk C3]

• Golden Bell Shield

[Druid C2]

• Sterea Trofh
  • Chortasmata

[Oracle C2]

• Death Sentence

[Rogue C3]

• Burrow

8. Custom and 8-9 Rank Costumes

Moved to separate post due to the post character limit. Click below to expand it.

9. Open Beta Trailer

31 Likes

Great to see they still update the english blog.

2 Likes

would be greater if we can get this aswell qq

1 Like

The mini guinea pig is so cute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Custom and 8-9 Rank Costumes

source: http://www.tos-db.com/classmodels
animated models: http://tosdatabase.com.br/vejamais/conhecaasnovasclassesqueestaochegando

Appraiser

Pied Pipper

Hackapell

Chaplain

Shepherd

Mimic

Daoshi // Taoist Priest

Centaurion

Shinobi

Murmillo

Archer Female

Wizard Female

Swordsman Female

Swordsman Male

4 Likes

Hey- Thank you for your announcement.
Just to clarify - is OBT starting date you mentioned above (Dec 17th) for global/US server? I heard that Korean Server will open on the same date so I’m just wondering if you are opening up the US server at the same time as Korean’s.

Thanks!

1 Like

The aforementioned Templars can form and manage guilds.

▲ First, go see Knight Commander Uska and pay handsomely to create a guild.

Then, invite friends to your guild.

Initially, a guild can accommodate up to 20 people. The max capacity can be increased as the attribute level increases.

If you have joined a guild, a Guild tab will be added to your Chat UI.

All the discussions both minor and major can be done on this tab without using a mic.

Guild masters can raise a guild tower on a field of their choosing.

The tower can perform even more functions depending on the guild tower skills the Templar in charge has.
Guild members can use the tower to warp, use the guild storage or enter the private area.

High-level guild towers can function as a hangout spot. The spot consists of an inside area and a farming garden.

In this hangout spot,

You can plant crops and harvest them,

Or raise unique companions.
The crop materials and companions can be obtained from various guild events.

A guild master can choose in which guild events to participate. The events will consist of boss raid events, raid missions for guilds, GvG events.

Guilds can grow their guild towers by feeding them talt items obtained from those events. As guild level increases, points will be accumulated and you can use those points to grow your guild.

There are many ways a guild can grow. A guild can specialize in agriculture or in combat.

Guilds can declare war with each other. Warring guilds can destroy each other’s guild tower or PVP the enemy members on fields.

There aren’t many things that can be obtained by winning this war so it would be good for everyone to get along well each other.

1 Like

Yup, that schedule is only for KR (Nexon) version …and not Steam version. If you read the the latest maintenance post, the staff mentioned that there’s no date schedule for steam version yet. They will annouce/tell us about it once the steam version is stable enough.

you can refer to this:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/regular-maintenance-notice-dec-8-completed/124039/16?u=merru

1 Like

Now I’m wondering, if I chose Klaipeda as my starting area, will I still be able to do quests in Orsha later on? no?

1 Like

nothing about character personnalization

1 Like

In CBT version, players started their journey on Klaipeda after getting the divine revelations from the goddesses. In OBT version, however, players can start their journeys from the new city “Orsha.”

The Orsha route will largely be the same as the Klaipeda route. Both will have Rank 4 advancement, the storage service and etc. However, the Orsha route will provide players with new areas to explore and new quests to complete. The players from both Klaipeda and Orsha will join paths in “Femidian.”

▲ When creating a character, one can choose the starting city. This choice does alter the early quests and progression.

Orsha City Tour by Eka Gim

Orsha City Tour by Steparu

1 Like

I know right… I hoped for some fancy headgear, costumes, hairstyles to be introduced. I like getting silver in mmorpgs mostly due to the fact I can spend it on awesome customizations :frowning:

What about the cash shop? Since it’s a F2P game, there should and will be some introduced. What kind of stuff will be buyable? I hope we learn it soon.

However…

You will be able to change your haircolour/hairstyle for 100 coins. The only extra colour besides the basic ones or obtainable via quests is blue… I really hope they do something about it, I want a cute character!

2 Likes

well… i m ok with that

if we have only to pay for custom skin like league of legends

its a great game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually found the answer to your question. Both posts by DiscKZee.

A bit more info about Orsha and Klaipeda link.

I used a Warp Scroll to access Klaipeda, and talking to Uska allowed me to accept the main story quest for Klaipeda, but it’s at a recommended level of 65.

You’ll be able to go to the other region around that level I presume.

So to update about Orsha and Klaipeda quests.

Like said before, you can access the Klaipeda region from Letas Stream to Gateway of the Great King. However, Saule’s portal doesn’t work so you’ll have to run through Sunset Flag Forest. You can pick up any sidequests though.

If you started in Orsha, you’re able to go back to Klaipeda and start the main quest. However, the quest basically jumps back down to Level 7 and rewards you Level 1 EXP Cards, but you can continue with the story and get the Revelations. Eventually, you’ll have access to both main questlines, and I expect Orsha’s questline to stop around 115, but I still have to check that out.

The Level 65 map is where the Orsha Main questline continues, and where I was when I took the screenshot!

You also have access to every side quest. Heck, I even went to West Siauliai Woods and I could do the entire tutorial.

I’d expect this is the same for any characters beginning in Klaipeda as well.

source: General kCBT3 Changes - Summary

2 Likes

Thanks, unlocking revelations was my point there really. Good to know I could still do them later on!

1 Like

seems like we’re getting two hidden rank class for rank 6 :open_mouth:

1 Like

Doesn’t it mean just a C2 and C3 of the current rank 6 classes? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is just C2 and no C3 for rank 6 yet. That will come with rank8 obviously but rank 5 did get its 3rd Circle with rank7 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Will you update this when skill details come out for the other rank 7s?

1 Like

If I come across any relevant information, I will make sure to add them to the main post :smile:

1 Like