Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Plague Doctor Thread

Introduction

Plague Doctors are a rank 7 class of the Cleric branch. They focus on curing and preventing the status ailments of friendly targets, including themselves, as well as spreading and incinerating status ailments on enemies. The bird-like beak mask they wear has been treated with special chemicals that protect them against major ailments.

Skills

Healing Factor

Temporarily summons magic circle which grants hyper regeneration. When damage, this magic circle rapidly regenerates your or your allies’ health back to the point it was when the circle was triggered.

Youtube skill preview

• Cooldown: 45s
  • Level 1 (Duration 20 seconds) (SP. 72)
    Attributes
  • [Healing Factor: Attack] When enemies step onto Healing Factor’s magic circle, they will take continuous damage. The total damage is proportional to the current HP of the character.

Incineration

Incinerate enemies with status ailments. The duration of incineration increases depending on the number of status ailments on the enemy. The target needs at least 1 status ailment to be affected by Incineration. Each status ailment increases the duration by a fixed 2 seconds. Magic attack based (scales accordingly). Fire element.

Youtube skill preview

• Cooldown: 20s
  • Level 1 (Damage per tick 1051) (Base duration 5 seconds) (SP. 62)
    Attributes
  • [Incineration: Enhance Damage] +1% damage per attribute level (100 levels maximum).

Bloodletting

Makes you or your allies bleed to temporarily prevent from getting status ailments. While bleeding, one becomes invulnerable to status ailments under Rank 2.

Youtube skill preview

• Cooldown: 1 minute
  • Level 1 (Duration 35 seconds) (decrease 5 HP per tick) (SP. 67)
    Attributes
  • [Bloodletting: Bleeding] While Bloodletting’s effect is active, HP Consumption tick increases by 0.02 seconds per attribute level.
  • [Bloodletting: SP Alternative] While Bloodletting’s effect is active, 10% chance per attribute level that SP is drained instead of HP.

Fumigate

Spray fumigating clouds which cures you and your allies of status ailments. Allies within the range are cured of all status ailments under Rank 3.

Youtube skill preview

• Cooldown: 30s
  • Level 1 (Remove status ailments under Rank 3) (Applied up to 3 players) (SP. 60)
    Attributes
  • [Fumigate: Prevention] Fumigate causes a 10 second buff, which blocks ‘Level 3 status effects’ at a 5% chance per attribute level.
  • [Fumigate: Filtration] Using Fumigate causes a cleansing area to last for 10 seconds. Allies will have their Poison Resistance increased by 10%.

Pandemic

Spread all status ailments on the enemies to other enemies within the range.

Youtube skill preview

• Cooldown: 25s
  • Level 1 (Applied up to 5 enemies) (SP. 62)

Beak Mask

Wear Beak Mask. The front side of the mask has special drug applied which can block off status ailments under rank 2 from enemies.

Youtube skill preview

• Cooldown: 1m20s
  • Level 1 (Duration 25seconds) (Rank 1 and 2, 100% prevention) (Rank 3, 80% prevention) (SP. 58)
    Attributes
  • [Beak Mask: Resistance] While wearing Beak Mask, 5% chance per attribute level to block ‘level 3 status effects’, but SP consumption will also increase.
  • [Beak Mask: Poison Resistance] While wearing Beak Mask, Poison Resistance will increase by 5 per attribute level.

Credits: MaestroShim (original Korean translation), Riuna (skill cooldown and SP cost), Jaim (Youtube skill preview) and Disckzee.

Path Recommendations

Here are a few recommended paths to build your Plague Doctor:

• Balanced: Cleric 2 > Krivis 2 > Bokor 2 > Plague Doctor.
  • Offensive: Cleric > Krivis 2 > Bokor 3 > Plague Doctor.
  • Support: Cleric 3 > Krivis 2 > Bokor > Plague Doctor.
  • Mobility: Cleric 2 > Krivis 2 > Bokor > Druid > Plague Doctor.
  • Extra Mobility: Cleric > Krivis 2 > Bokor 2 > Druid > Plague Doctor.
  • Conviction: Cleric > Krivis 2 > Paladin 3 > Plague Doctor.
  • Priest Alternative: Cleric > Priest 2 > Krivis 2 > Bokor > Plague Doctor.
  • Discerning Evil: Cleric > Krivis 2 > Bokor 2 > Pardoner > Plague Doctor.

Vote for your favorite path: http://strawpoll.me/6251611

Tips

• Favored stats should be INT (main), CON (some) and SPR (optional, for Bokor’s Hex scaling, more Bokor’s Effigy spam, Paladin’s Conviction debuff scaling).

• Krivis’ Zalciai will be your best bet to quickly setup Incineration, as their cooldown, range and AOE radius are similar.

• The more debuffs your target has, the longer Incineration will last. Krivis 2 offers 3 debuffs (Aukuras, Zalciai and Divine Stigma), Bokor offers 2 (Hex, Zombify), Paladin 3 offers 1 (Conviction), Cleric offers 1 (Deprotected Zone), Priest offers 1 (Monstrance).

• Most of these debuffs can be spread using Pandemic. Bokor’s Hex will be a core debuff to use with Pandemic, as it will allow Effigy to hit numerous targets easily.

• Pardoner’s Discerning Evil will extend a target’s debuffs duration. Best used before spreading them with Pandemic.

Links

9 Likes

It seems krivis is needed for this path since you need status ailment. But 1000 base damage at level 1? Seriously?

That’s IMC’s (strange way) of balancing higher tier skills. It’s the same with Druid’s Carnivory. Basically their reasoning is that they wanted higher tier classes to possess strong skills as soon as you unlock them, so your character doesn’t feel “weak”, regardless of your build.

I don’t agree with their reasoning, but that’s how they did it. Hopefully things will be better balanced in the long run (I’m still hoping they replace all fixed damage values with percentages).

3 Likes

This is going to be funny because PD counters itself so were going to see a lot of PD not getting their full potential Incineration procs with their debuff combo because of Bloodletting and Fumigate.On the other hand Oracle’s Prophecy can do the same thing also and re-apply before the Prophecy effect finishes.

1 Like

I mean
 Fumigate only works on allies. Bloodletting can be used for incinerate, but it’d be silly for a plague doctor in a party with another debuffer to ever use it, I think. Bloodletting looks kind of hard to use, if you use it on allies, the bleed tick would cancel casting and be a pain for certain classes, and using it on enemies makes them immune to further debuffs.

That being said, in solo play it should be possible to bloodletting -> pandemic -> incenerate. Even then it’s a 1min cooldown, so you’ll likely rely on an earlier rank classes debuff ( maybe Krivis Zalciai would be the easiest to use ).

so with healing factor you could go full con and deal a ton of damage?

It’s not clear exactly how the attribute works, but going full CON just for one skill is not going to be viable regardless.

Plague Doc will definitely need some CON, since its spells have limited range, but investing mostly in INT will be better, alongside maybe some SPR (optional) for Bokor’s Hex’s scaling, Effigy spam or Paladin’s Conviction debuff scaling.

According to Jaim’s skill preview, contrary to a regular Bleed status ailment, it seems like Bloodletting HP drain ticks do not make your character flinch (doesn’t even show any visual damage number), so in theory it should not cancel your charged/channeled spells.

I believe Bloodletting bleed is not consider a abnormal bleed but a condition that must be applied if your under the Bloodletting influence.Because let’s say you do bleed and flinch wouldn’t Bloodletting cancel the bleed,after all bleed is a rank 1 abnormal status effect.Furthermore, what would be the point in giving Bloodletting a bleed if the skill description says it cures it.

Interested in Plague Doctor as a potential choice next path,thank you for all the info.Bookmarked the thread.

1 Like

Let’s jump on the krivi-bokor bandwagon :joy:
Anyway, thank you for the organized info :+1:

1 Like

Nice topic! :thumbsup:

When I discovered the game, I wanted a class that works with debuffs, and there it is. ‘0’

1 Like

Exorcise is also a debuff btw (or at least was during icbt2), might be very nice if pandemic does spread it around. Doubly so if discerning evil also works with it.

True. I didn’t add it because going Priest 3 for a Plague Doc build seems quite a bit of an investment just for Exorcise, which doesn’t do much damage to begin with. It looks like a multi-hit skill, but the damage is actually divided, unlike Cure or Zaibas. It’s basically a very weak version of Cure. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Cure only hits one target per tick, the same as Zaibas until you get Circle 2.
But well, personally I don’t like Exorcise, before watching the video for the first time, I thought it would be a large AoE skill, damaging everything inside it (size of Barrier, lol).

I am still thinking which build to make for PD
 I want Pally, but I am not sure if IMC nerfed Conviction’s SPR scalling

All of which is irrelevant because that’s not how exorcise works.

Exorcise places a square on the ground that remains for 10s, when triggered by a enemy it applies the debuff to a single random enemy within it’s range. But it can be resisted.
It hits 15 times during a 10s window, of which the initial hit is slightly larger. (was a 100 dmg difference at lvl 5 at least, roughly)
And it still is holy dmg, scales with magic attack and needs to bypass magic defense ofc.

If pandemic and discern evil work for it then it’s a very strong combination to have alongside incinerate.

When I said divided, I meant the damage. I was not talking about the hit count (see in the video how all the subsequent hits only do 5 damage). It’s basically a single-hit skill that masquerades itself as a multi-hit skill, but unlike Cure and Zaibas, it doesn’t deliver in the damage department. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Is Paladin Conversion work with Pandemic?

Where did you get those Path Recommendations? You’ve created them or
?

@ashita_fortune
It should, yeah. Any debuff showing an icon on the enemy shoud spread using Pandemic, unless it’s bugged. We’ll have to do more testing in kOBT to confirm.

@keowarw
Created some of them, some other have been suggested by other players. These are theorycrafts and we’ll have to see how well they work in practice. Will update after kOBT. Surely some builds will suck, and new effective builds will be discovered. The point is to give people a general idea of the class until we get more refined informations.

2 Likes