Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

Well yes, that’s what I said. The attribute doesn’t work on things that can’t be knocked back. Which is what this patch mentioned. I suppose elites and bosses are coded to be “Structures” since they’re immovable by any means, hence the lack of collision damage from Cartar (and Gust/Smite too by extension)

Because it really is. LOL.

TYVM! /20charactersssss

I was just trying to detract from Cartar Stroke being a shell of its former self. :wink:

I think it is not a privilege to test new contents before most of the other players, but kind of a sweet burden, if you really devote yourself to testing with the development team. It is like you raise a child, hold his/her hand, and watch your child growing up bit by bit. :open_mouth:

And I have no guarantee that every single new content will be implemented and tested on test server first. I am just saying that this server will still be open, always ready for some test, if needed.

Mmm, I’m not arguing that it is unfair in the perspective of favouritism towards the kToS testers or anything. Really, people have done a good service for the community, and I agree that it is more of a burden to continue, rather than playing on official kToS servers which have some definite permanence to it.

I’m just bitter that I am still at the mercy of others’ generosity of knowledge, when I am strong enough to figure things out myself if I had the opportunity… It’s equivalent to me being a nameless human who is helpless to find their own way through this game, and needs to leech off of other players’ efforts, no?

I guess some self-sufficiency in kOBT, if I’m willing to grind at normal rates without Kuu, Aqua or Necrover being constantly around… I just have big plans, but I still feel one step behind, myuu… Anyway that’s all irrelevant in this thread.

1 Like

##kOBT Installation Guide

Hopefully, this should guide you to installing kOBT. You will need a Nexon Korea account which has been verified. I can’t help you with that, so refrain from posting about it. Sorry!

I believe you’ll need the account verified, but I’m unsure. Some Nexon games need your account to be verified before playing, but some do not. However, verified accounts aren’t automatically locked out from 12am to 6am KST though due to Shutdown Law.

• Make sure you log into Nexon Korea first before anything!
  • If you’re having trouble downloading, disable your antivirus first then download, they can cause disruptions with the download.
  1. Once you’ve logged into Nexon Korea, click here to get the downloader.

2. Open the downloader.

Click the first purple button to begin downloading. If a pop up appears, click the left button. It should begin downloading.

• You can click the second purple button to pause/resume downloads.
  • The black button (폴더변경) allows you to change the download directory. By default, it will usually be C:\Download\TOS.
  1. Once the download has finished (feel free to close the downloader), go to the download location and open tos.exe.
  • Nexon Game Manager notifications should pop up, accept the notifications (the ticks: ✓) to begin installation.
  1. Once the installation’s finished, you can then begin the game by navigating to the main site and clicking the Game Start (게임시작) button! That’s the giant blue one which is animated.

####Note, you can’t start the game until 15th of Dec, 20:00 ~ 23:59 (KST) or 17th of Dec, 15:00 (KST)

Hopefully this should help with the installation.

Note: We’ll have to wait until we can access the client before I can give instructions on how to apply the translation files. I’ll make another guide for it though when we’re able to do so.

14 Likes

I would like to make an addendum. Many antivirus should be turned off so that the download works, otherwise the antivirus can disrupt enough.

Thanks, I’ll add that in. :smile:

Here’s a question.

Are Schwarzer Reiter and Musketeer compatible in any way? The female picture for Musketeer looks like she’s holding a normal Pistol rather than a 2-handed Rifle.

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure. From previous screenshots, Musketeer skills only show the Musket icon. I’m also not sure if SR skills are compatible with Muskets now.

@tomgo32000 would know more about that, since he has a Musketeer. Tom, do you know if you can use Pistols with Musketeer’s skills or if Schwarzer Reiter skills can be used with Muskets?

I’d wager a ‘no’ though.

That’s even worse then.

Normal Cartar (with knockback off) is supposed to hit 4 time, in fact that’s the change they made when they change previous Cartar to the icbt 2 one. (old one was adding 1 hit per skill level, then icbt2 cartar is fixed to 4 hits default)

If so, I hope it’s another case like Dragoon and Cata where they’re just working on the animations for now ;x;

Else SR2 it is~

Anyone can help me translate this warlock’s attribute ?

인보케이션: 전달
[인보케이션]으로 생성된 악령 근처에 있는 동료들은 어둠 속성 공격력이 특성 레벨당 5% 증가합니다. 악령의 주인인 시전자는 2배의 효과를 받습니다.

상세효과
어둠 속성 공격력 5(+5)% 증가
시전자는 10(+10)% 증가

최대레벨

If i’m not wrong: Increase dark property attacks by 15% (max) for nearby allies and 30% for caster when [Invocation] is active ?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Invocation: Deliver

Allies in close proximity to ‘evil spirits’ produced by [Invocation] have their Dark Attack increased by 5% per attribute level. This attribute’s effect is doubled for the caster.

Effects:
Ally Dark Attack +5% (+5% per attribute level) increase
Caster Dark Attack +10% (+10% per attribute level) increase.

Note: Dark Attack is how it’s shown in the stat screen. It refers to Dark Property Attack, similarly to how Arde Dagger gives Fire Attack.

Quite a lot of attributes are percentage based actually. (i.e. Enhance attributes, Hoplite’s ‘Finestra: Physical Damage’, Sadhu’s ‘Out of Body: Evasion’, etc.)

It’s not uncommon. But yeah, it means it boosts your current Dark Attack by a percentage value.

So, Cartar Stroke doesn’t do 4 hits anymore =/? Only 3 hits?

At level 5, looks like it. I’ll go clarify that when I have the client (still redownloading the kTest client), since I can also get it to Lv 10.

2 Likes

Oh thanks, i’m disappointed i thought just need invocation in active for the dark buff effect.
Its kinda useless at boss since the spirits only summon out after a monster is killed. But that make sense XD. 30% dark dmg boost at all time would be too op…

At lvl 1 I’m able to hit 4~5 times with cartar, no problem. I’ll get a video when I can.

Also no cooldown on skyliner is broken as hell. I just run around sky lining everything for 4k’s at lvl 110 lol.

1 Like

Yeah, as far as I know it should do 4 hits and that shouldn’t have changed, which is why I was going to check it out. I think damage numbers might just be overlapping.