Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Featherfoot Thread

Introduction

Featherfoots are the wizards that absorb the life force of the enemies or put curses on the enemies to make combat easier for your allies. Basically featherfoots are the blood mage of ToS.

I wanted to create this thread to promote awareness regarding the class and clear misconceptions about it. The class is restrictive in nature but it is amazing when the skills work in its intended target. Hopefully this thread would give an insight to those who wanted to build a featherfoot in the future.

Lore

A featherfoot is a sorcerer in Australian Aboriginal spirituality. A featherfoot is usually a bad spirit who kills people. In most traditional Aboriginal beliefs, there is no such thing as a natural death. Every death is caused by evil spirits or spells. It is usually because of an enemy, who wants revenge for something. A featherfoot is so named because they are believed to have supernatural powers, including the ability to fly. He wears special shoes made of feathers (usually emu) and hair, stuck together with human blood. Scholars say that the shoes leave no tracks (footprints).

Class Overview

• Rank 7 Class
  • DPS - Debuff - HP drain class
  • Magic dealing class but skills require to be cast in melee/close proximity of the target with the exception of bone pointing (ranged debuffing turret).
  • Skills have either narrow AoE or Single Target
  • Restrictive abilities - Some abilities only work specific monster types
  • Building a Featherfoot requires synergy from the previous 6 ranks in order to be efficient.

Class Abilities

Blood Bath
Description: Stab the enemy with a bone knife. If the enemy is a Beast, Devil or Insect-type, blood will spew out that recovers some of your HP.
Type: Magic - Dark
SP: 75 + (10 * Skill Level-1)
CD: 35s
Effect:

• Initial stab deals [323 + (83 * Skill Level-1)]
    Applies [Bleeding] if the target is Beast/Devil/Insect.
    [Bleeding] [323 + (83 * Skill Level-1)] per tick
    HP Recovery 30 + (10 * Skill Level-1)

Attributes:

• Blood Bath: Enhance - Increases the damage dealt on an enemy with [Blood Bath] by 1% per attribute level.

Notes:

• When mobs are linked, Only the stabbed mob will bleed (if beast/insect/devil) and create a pool of blood. Linked targets will still take both the stab + tick damage regardless of their race.
  • If the target is non devil/beast/insect only the stab damage is applied
  • The blood pool created heals allies as long as they are standing at the blood pool
  • In kTos, the heal of Blood bath is changed to be based on the % of the damage dealt. This can potentially be a pseudo heal for the party.
  • Hangman’s Knot debuff (-AoE ratio) allows blood bath’s stab to become a mini AoE instead of single target. This allows Blood Bath to hit all linked target making it easier to bleed the intended target. Needs more test to be proven correct.
  • Blood bath has a maximum of 13 hits. 1 hit from the initial stab then additional 12 hits from the debuff tick. The blood bath debuff lasts for 5s and ticks every 0.4s.

Blood Sucking
Description: Attack and absorb the life force from a Beast, Devil or Insect-type enemy while recovering your HP at the same time.
Type: Magic - dark
SP: 49 + (7 * Skill Level-1) per 0.4s
CD 40s
Effect:

• Deal 543 + (122 * Skill Level-1) per tick
    Drains HP for [10 + (5 * Skill Level-1) ] % of the damage dealt per tick.

Attributes:

• Blood Sucking: HP Supply Enhance - Increases the amount to absorb HP by 1 per attribute level.

• Blood Sucking: Enhance - Increases the damage dealt on an enemy with [Blood Sucking] by 1% per attribute level.

Notes:

• The channeling for this skill lasts for about 7.5s dealing about 19 hits for the duration.
  • Channeling is easily cancelled by a single hit. Requires enemies to be cc’d or have sure spell up.
  • Cast is cancelled when knock-backed or knocked down regardless if sure spell is up.
  • Blood Sucking works on the mobs that were within the area of effect at the beginning of charging and continues to work on them even if they ran away as long as the charging continues

Bone Pointing
Description: Summon a carved, pointed bone called a ‘Kundela’. The Kundela points towards enemies in range, attacking them with bone shards and cursing them.
Type: Magic - Earth
SP: 64 + (8 * Skill Level-1)
CD 50s
Effect:

• Bone Pointing Duration 35s + (5 * Skill Level-1) [Curse] Duration: 7s

Attributes:

• Bone Pointing: Enhance - Increases the damage dealt on an enemy with [Bone Pointing] by 1% per attribute level.
  • Bone Pointing: Summon Time - Increases the summon time of [Bone Pointing] by 1 second per attribute level.

Notes:

• The summoned bone can draw aggro from the mobs acting as a pseudo tank.
  • Curse Duration is refreshed every time the target is hit by the bone’s attack
  • Hex is applied across all linked targets.
  • Bone has its health and can be destroyed by mobs if hit long/strong enough; also is susceptible to sleep/freeze/stone curse/knockback from AOE.
  • Bone’s curse works on bosses.
  • Damage formula is currently unknown.
  • Amount of Mdef reduced is unknown
  • Bone Pointing attack is considered earth type as its damage can be boosted by the JP attribute.
  • Bone Pointing’s attack rate is 1 attack / 1.5s

Ngadhundi
Description: Stabs an enemy with a cursed knife carved from a bone. An enemy stabbed by this bone fragment will be afflicted with [Decay]. Enemies affected by Decay receive additional damage from Missile attacks.
Type: Magic - Dark
SP: 45 + (7 * Skill Level-1)
CD 12s
Effect:

• Deal 1132 + (237 * Skill Level-1).
  • Decay debuff duration 13 + (3 * Skill Level).

Attributes:
Ngadhundi: Enhance - Increases the damage dealt on an enemy with [Ngadhundi] by 1% per attribute level.

Notes:

• Decay debuff increases missile damage by 100%
  • Decay debuff is shared across all linked targets
  • Decay reduces max HP by 3.75% per second
  • Decay lv1 lasts for 13 sec and reduces max HP by 50%
  • Decay lv5 lasts for 25 sec and reduces max HP by approx. 96% (i.e. a group of linked mobs with 140k hp debuffed with Decay in 25 seconds will have approx. 3-4k HP left, making them easy to kill, even works offscreen)
  • Decay even works on shielded mobs like Confined Firent in 2nd Demon Prison, making them easy to kill after the shield is removed
  • Decay doesn’t work on bosses
  • Damage dealt to a monster with Decay debuff does not speed up HP reduction, Decay works independently of the monster’s current HP

Kurdaitcha
Description: Put on shoes made of mixed hair and blood. Walk while leaving bloody footprints on the ground, temporarily cursing any enemies who come into contact with it.
Type: Debuff - Earth
SP: 71 + (10 * Skill Level-1)
CD 32s
Effect:

• Kurdaitcha Maximum Duration: 6 + (1 * Skill Level-1) seconds
  • 15 movement speed to self [Curse] Duration: 7 seconds.

Attributes:

• Kurdaitcha: Enhance - Increases the chance to hit with twice the normal damage to enemies hexed by [Kurdaitcha] (or any other methods) by 1% chance per attribute level.

Notes:

• The attribute can be learned regardless if Kurdaitcha is learned. The hex effect from bone pointing can also trigger the double damage from the attribute.

Class Synergies

Wizard C2/C3: The most important foundation for featherfoot is in your base class. Wiz C2 grants access to Sure Spell which allows an uninterrupted Blood Sucking channel. Wiz C3 offers the quick cast attribute which multiplies your damage by 50%. Wiz C3 is optional but is almost mandatory to be an effective DPS class.

Linker C1: Linker is a class which literally binds the skill set of featherfoot. The skill Joint Penalty turns the single target skills of featherfoot into a potent aoe AoE damage. Linker also allows the featherfoot debuffs to be shared across all linked targets. Featherfoot builds may have difficulty in dealing with multiple targets if no linker circle is taken.

Thaumaturge: There is a hidden synergy between featherfoot and thaumaturge. Swell Body + Ngadhundi produces a gimmicky effect which will wittle down your target’s HP from 100 to 0%. Swell body increases the maximum HP of the target while Decay from Ngadhundi reduces the max % hp of the target second. The decay debuff snapshots the max hp of the target under swell body. When Swell body expires, the % reduction per second from decay still takes into account the swelled max HP therefore reducing the max HP according to the % of the swelled HP. For a clearer demo check out this VID.

Necromancer - The decay from Ngadhundi and Necromancer skills stack together lowering monsters HP from 100% to almost 0% in only 10s. Would be very powerful but has limitations as it only works on normal monsters. Some monsters may also be resistant to decay effect. Link

Chronomancer - The debuff from Blood Bath (Bleeding Effect) will continue to tick even when the monster is stopped. This might be effective in the future if we get the % heal from blood bath allowing the team to heal in the blood pool safely from the stopped mob. Link

Cryomancer C3: [details=Removed]Removed Cryo synergy as alot of people pointed out that Ice Tree isn’t a hard disable and would still allow mobs freely attack even if they are sucked in. Cryo 3 -> FF is only effective for low level contents where mobs aren’t resistant to debuffs (Freezing).[/details]

Builds

Sorc + Featherfoor - my own build
Rune Caster + Featherfoot by stalker.rick
Necro -> FF by @rhenan_d

Gameplay Videos

Solo Grind
Thauma’s Trail Solo
Storage Solo
Featherfoot Skill Combo
Thauma + Featherfoot demo
Sorc + Featherfoot SP Regen
Blood Bath multi-hit

Useful Links/Featherfoot Discussions

Featherfoot Synergies
Featherfoot PvP Balance

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do featherfoot skills drain life in PvP?
A: No, players are not classified as either devil, insect, or beast.

Q: How do you manage SP with the Sorcerer + Featherfoot combination
A: Level 10 SP pots, Cat buff + Bonfire will quickly recover my SP. Also, proper usage of blood sucking helps in managing my SP. More detailed reply.

Credits

Added a lot of details. Thanks to @stalker.rick
Added build by @rhenan_d
Added Necro synergy by @avventera
Added Chrono synergy by @GHDrake

11 Likes

Reserved for future post

1 Like

Done - Feel free to discuss, correct and add details. Will add more of my gameplay videos

There is also some hidden CON-based coefficient that increases the HP Recovery. Chars with high CON get more HP per tick, but the amount is still negligible. My FF has 182 total CON and gets 47 HP per tick from BB lv1.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that too I have 100 con and getting healed for 44 hp from a level 2 blood bath. Not sure how to compute the extra heal though

• Bone has its health and can be destroyed by mobs if hit long/strong enough; also is susceptible to sleep/freeze/stone curse/knockback from AOE
  • Bone’s curse works on bosses
  • Blood Sucking works on the mobs that were within the area of effect at the beginning of charging and continues to work on them even if they ran away as long as the charging continues

Unless some of the linked mobs are immune to Decay. Have no idea what makes them immune/super resistant to it.

You may probably also add this:

• Decay reduces max HP by 3.75% per second
  • Decay lv1 lasts for 13 sec and reduces max HP by 50%
  • Decay lv5 lasts for 25 sec and reduces max HP by approx. 96% (i.e. a group of linked mobs with 140k hp debuffed with Decay in 25 seconds will have approx. 3-4k HP left, making them easy to kill, even works offscreen)
  • Decay even works on shielded mobs like Confined Firent in 2nd Demon Prison, making them easy to kill after the shield is removed
  • Decay doesn’t work on bosses
  • Damage dealt to a monster with Decay debuff does not speed up HP reduction, Decay works independently of the monster’s current HP

Thank you for the inputs will add them. Decay seem to be a very complex mechanic. Makes me wonder if it is worth to include thauma in featherfoot builds to take advantage of the swell body + ngadhundi in wiping mobs without much effort

I’ve been thinking about starting a wizard eventually, but the only rank 7 that interested me was Featherfoot. I’ve been perusing the forums trying to find information about about them with little luck. Now I’m mainly an archer player but I wanted to try my hand at an off meta wizard build.

I’ve been tweaking builds for a few days and came to the conclusion that linker c1 really is one of the better synergistic classes for FF, though a few people swear linker-Featherfoot is garbage.

I figured that because CDs are kinda long that you’d need to incoporate
more different types of cc to make sure your spells connect properly. Also wiz c2 lends itself to lvl 5 sure spell for bloodsucking if somehow all your other cc skills are on cd.

You opened up a really informed thread and I appreciate all the info you’ve shared here. If you have some time, would you spare some to take a look at my rough draft of an FF build?

Mind you, the rank progression and skill allocation are just shots in the dark as I have only limited experience with wizard ranks in ToS.

For your build, I’d take Bloodbath 4/5 (for extra damage), Blood Sucking 5/5, Bone Pointing 1/5 (it’s just a temporary distraction for mobs, no need to keep it for long), Ngadhundi 5/5 (max Decay effect) and Kurdaitcha 0/5 (I can’t see any reason to use it, since Bone Pointing does the same, especially when you can link mobs).

I’ve made a few builds of my own and I feel good about them but I gotta tell you this one’s got me stumped. Kurdaitchi really that useless eh, I can understand it doesn’t have much place. Thanks for the info, I’ll go back to the grindstone.

Is the effect of Swell Body shared to all linked mobs? If not, it’s probably not worth it, you can just link several mobs and wait for 25 seconds instead of casting Swell Body + Ngadhundi to each mob several times after cooldowns.

Also, I watched your video and noticed that you’re using JP+HK wrong too, you’re losing a terrible amount of potential damage after HK. Actually it should be JP+HK+ (immediately, within 2 seconds) Blood Bath, this way it’s going to deal A LOT more damage.

I’d suggest you watch my solo Abby grind video to see how it should be done to maximize damage.

I’d actually just advice the same as with stalker.rick or alternatively you can do 5/5 Blood Bath and 4/5 Ngadhundi. For you Wizard tree, you can get 1 point into lethargy to get learn the attribute. At max level, lethargy attribute will boost strike type damage by 100%. This can be useful for party play. For Psychokino, most builds take max raise for more targets.

I think it will share across linked targets. I will have to ask the thauma thread about it. I also found another video showcasing thauma + featherfoot VID.

I am mostly doing the blood bath after JP just to ensure that I stab the correct target. There are countless of times that I stabbed incorrectly making it useless. For mobs with the correct racial type I probably should try your suggestion. Thanks again.

Thanks for the insight guys, my guild also just alerted me to wiz 3’s quick cast allowing for 100% uptime on the 50% damage boost from it. I was misled by the text into thinking that quick cast was like final fantasy xiv quick cast in that it is a self buff that is consumed when you cast your next spell. I did not realize that it is a persistent self buff.

In this case, if I still wanted to go psycho 3 I’d have to drop linker. Otherwise I could drop psycho 3 to go wiz 3 psycho 2 linker FF but psycho 2 isn’t amazing since you lose gpole and raise… A bit of a conundrum if you will. Dropping linker and going wiz3 kino3 FF makes for a pretty strong pvp build, however single target as it may be.

FF is not so good in pvp because Blood Sucking does not restore your health and Bloodbath only hits once.

I’d still suggest investing 5 points into Ngadhundi as the difference is 11.5% of total mob’s HP, which for a 130k HP mob will be almost 15k HP, which is much more than the damage increase from 1 extra point in Blood Bath. But that’s up to you guys, I’m trying to prove my point.

UPD: Updated the image, longer Decay does not kill the mob, just leaves it with 1 HP left.

I just tested again JP + HK -> Blood bath. Due to HK’s debuff (-AoE Ratio), does it mean that Blood Bath’s initial stab actually hits all the target gathered in HK rather than hitting a single target?

I think so, yes, and Magic Missile works in the same way.