Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge C3 - The Buff Slave

Yes it does. It helps me a lot in questing as Thaum 3 support.

Transpose is situational though, it’s not something you will use all the time.

I did have transpose3 for awhile, as a full INT thaum. with higher lvl transpose, its just so much more relaxed, you can wait to reset until an opportune time. the jump from lvl 3 to 6 is huge, I intend to go more.

It definitely helps to have more on Transpose as a full INT Thaum. I have it at 10 at C2. 2min30sec of “tank buff” is quite a big deal considering i can regen at a bonfire from 7k HP to 15k HP in 15 secs if there’s no cleric around. Still waiting to hear what IMC has planned to “FIX” Transpose…

Just made it as a full INT Thaum2 Link 3 at Rank 7 last night. Lifeline everyone with 50k HP or 520 INT is kinda awesome lol. Unfortunately it’s only 50% uptime…

Sadly now I’m stuck for R8 progression as the 2 new R8 classes seem to both be support based… was looking forward to a R8 DPS class. :cry:

I’m partially considering Thaum3 for R8 to make use of swell Brain for more INT to lifeline with. But wow… R6 class for a R8 lol…

1 Like

Very nice to know, guess i’m goin for 10 transp then :slight_smile:

skill description says it now provides additional magic atk, is that an extra line of dmg or is it just flat +matk?

Just like 22 matk. Useles…

lol how does imc even think 22 matk is remotely acceptable for a 3rd circle

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:
On the bright side, Swell Left and Right scale with INT on Ktos…and Swell Brain gives INT, so it is some free stats.

and dont forget about the new 315 weapon that gives 400+ dmg and status like 80+ int… I just want to know what IMC will do with thauma.

2 Likes

Just throwing out my 2cents here. Kindly correct me if I’m wrong. But IMHO Thauma truly shines when buffing for Multi-Hit builds. Each hit is given an additional Swell Left(304 max attribute) Swell Right (271 max attribute), which gives a total of an additional 575 damage PER hit. I’m taking the old formula as a baseline as the new one is stat dependent, which can go higher.

Well, indeed it is at early game, but Thaumaturge have many embarrass situations in the game.
OP buff, Priest/Enchanter can simply Blessing/Lightning Enchant with 500+ damages per hit and longer duration.
OP Transcend+Gem, each lv8 gem can easily obsolete Thaum’s buff.
So, the damage value Thaumaturge offered is pretty isolated and swell both arms limited to 1H-weapon + Dagger, if not it the dmg looks nothing to what above mentioned, and swell brain pitiful 50INT and limited to INT class.

Then, other role: -
Swell Body - Have fail chance, small range, and at high level map with 200-600k hp x2 monsters is impossible to kill in 10-15s, somemore the exp bonus is negligible and not worth for effoty.
Shrink Body - Debuff atk/dmg, not very important skill
Reversi - Nothing for you to perform, except stealing teammate’s AoE spell which is bad
Transpose - Be tanker? there is not really need tanker in the game

1 Like

I have yet progress that far into the game to have any context of how much a well gemed transcend weapon would be as compared to current Thaum’s Buffs. From the looks of it, I guess Thaum’s buffs really needs a full rework. Or their entire skillset in general.

As for swell brain, the only efficient way I can think of now is to combo off Transpose with a Full INT build for the additional 12k HP. Or 6k with equilibrium. Assuming that’s worth anything at end game lol.

Yup, I think Thaum whole concept need to rework, make them more useful and fun to play, it is not neccessary higher damage value but for more interaction with other classes.
If IMC see this, I hope

1. Swell Body able to enlarge Fireballs/Firewalls for larger AoE / Icewalls for longer duration and hit count
  2. Swell Right Arm (when using 2H-weapon) able to grab deployment and throw for high blast damage. (Fireballs for explosion/IceWalls for freezing field/Dievdirby’s Statue debuff/QS’s Pavise for stun)
  3. Swell Right Arm also add attack for Pistol/Cannon (or any future new off-hand)
  4. Able to enlarge summons like, Sorc’s salamons/Necro’s skeleton for x2 damage.
  5. Able to shrink summons like, Sorc’s salamons/Necro’s skeleton for x2 attack speed.
  6. Swell Brain also add +50% Experience or 30% Magic Defense
  7. Swell Body reduce the x2HP to x1.5HP
  8. Swell Left Arms, Swell Right Arms, Swell Brain extend buff duration to avoid become a buff slave.
  9. Attribute that able to equip 2H-Staff into 1H
2 Likes

I like it. My main is Thauma and the class need to rework >.<

hi :smiley:

is this also the case in the current game ? what is the scaling like? I’m looking for a bit more accurate information

Swell Left Arm
○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.15

Swell Right Arm
Defense bonus when wearing a shield has been changed:
○ 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 14.6 + [INT] × 0.13
Attack bonus when wearing a dagger has been changed:
○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.13

Swell Brain +150 INT when maxed attribute and +22.5 Matk, but it still in bad shape in term of content of the game.
Although I have a full INT thaum3 at level 320 with 1000INT, left arm +505, right arm +430, swell brain 150+22.5 total 1100 matk, but still far from transcendent, and it have low duration and is busy to rebuff, moreover enchanter able to sell its scroll.

Thaumaturge is in embarass situation with meta content, which need a big concept revamp.
Eg:
Swell Arms +Atk/Matk/Def/Mdef = Gem and Transcendent weapon shadow it
Swell Body = Impossible to kill at high level with 400k+ hp monster, which become 800k, and bunch of +exp% items isolate the use, the skill is not very good as well, fail chance / melee range / small box
Shrink Body = Damage Mitigation > damage reduction

Ultimately it isolate the role of Thaumaturge

2 Likes

This is so saddening. I just wanted to build a thauma3/FF 2 myself :frowning:

Wouldnt featherfoot help a lot? Combo swell body with ngadhundi to get the enemy to 0% HP.

Yes it would. It’ll get the mob down to 1hp. not 0% lol. Still, it’s not perfect.

• You’d need a JP+HK to gather up the mobs due to the pitiful range of Swell Body.
  • You’d still have to wait for the duration for swell body to end before the “Mega Decay” takes effect. Which can be quite annoying to work with in the long run. (as of right now though, that’s the bread and butter of my Thau3 FF build.)

swell brain + rune of giants = giant with NO BIG HEAD
WHHHYYYYYYYY
this means I really did have no reason to go thaum3…