Tree of Savior Forum

How to tune the token/shop system and make it more "westernized"

I’m not really into the speeches right now, so without any babbling, here are my suggestions about the shop and etc…

Token system

I think we all agree that the curent token system is flawed. Who wouldn’t think that? Of course, we all like Tree of Savior, but only hardcore fanboys/girls and some of the very rich guys will buy that token, cause let’s be honest:

• The price is too high. Not even FF XIV or WoW is asking for that much money. Those games are superiors in almost every way compared to ToS. Why would I pay that much? Even subscription based game would be better then…but still not for 18$.

• The benefits are meh, why would someone even bother buying that token? I honestly don’t see the point to buy one. What for? 3 place in market? More dungeon runs? I can live without the small bonus, not even bother to not have those.

Token system rehaul

1. Cheaper tokens
I mean honestly, it’s price should be dropped more than half to be acceptable. That would make it on pair with the other mmo’s.

2. Better benefits
While market should be used by EVERYONE along with 1-1 trading, token users should have bonuses like:

• 10% tax instead of the 30%.
  • Instant delivery into the mailbox, no wait time.
  • Maybe a mobile AH, or items should be able to list into the AH from anywhere. Just right-click and it’s done.
  • Mobil mailbox, accessable from anywhere.
  • Mobile storage on a 10-15 min cooldown.
  • Learning 2 attribute at once.
  • Premium spells to teleport back to towns.
  • More dungeon runs than f2p players.
  • Shoutcasting (or whatever is that thing on the top of the game, used by goldsellers) should be only used by token users.
  • Generate 1 TP / 4 hour -> unlimited number no restriction.
  • A Token with the same price as the current one, but this one can be traded in AH. The cheaper one is only for personal use.

These benefits wont make the game pay to win, but they are pretty handy. It serves the players nicely and these are real premium features. Maybe even the 10% XP would be ok too, I wouldn’t mind that. However when you are looking at the western market mmo’s, we need these kind of services , which are making our life easier.

Free to play system

There only a few problems here, these things can be solved very fast.

• 1-1 Trading for everyone

• AH use with 30% tax + 1-2 hour wait for money. /A normal AH in every mmo/

• Learning only 1 attribute

• Limited dungeon runs

• No shoutcasting

• Free TP generation should be removed. Honestly, if you want TP buy it, or get it during an event. No need for that…

Cash shop

• More cosmetic items

• Honestly, just reasonable prices. It’s ok to pay 100 Tp for a hairstyle which goes to each of your character, but not ok for only one.

Restrictions wont convice people to spend money on the game. Shop should be here to be appealing. Players love to have have unique characters. Everyone would drop the money into your pocket with 10-20 TP priced hairstyles and costumes.

All you have to do is copy-paste popular game hairs. Cloud from Final Fantasy, Mohawk hair, Saiyan hair…not to mention beards.

These would generate more than enough money. The only problem is that you have to work with these.

So basicly market and trading shouldn’t be restricted by anything. It is essencial in every game. Do not restrict , just make it better for token users. 1-1 trading is a core function in each mmo, taking it away is silly.

I think these changes would help the game to be more western tuned and less annoying. One thing is for sure: The current system is bad and will leave the game only played by fans on the long term.

Well I’m not whining , cause it’s playable for me and I can herp-derp with the current system too. Tbh I’m satisfied except the lag and gold sellers, but I know that it could be better than this. The only thing I’m really waiting for is more hairstyles.

However if I want to be honest, I wont spend more money on the game like this cause I don’t see the point, not to mention that there is nothing to spend on.

Cheers

26 Likes

I totally agree,

the market thing is very important and the vips are really too expensive for so useless bonus

I support all of your ideas

1 Like

It would be too expensive even with these bonuses. :smiley: The current pricing is a joke.

And see this is the difference between a good developer that respects its player base, and one that treats them with disrespect and expects them to accept whatever crap is handed to them.

Your ideas on top that you came up with are great NEW features that are being added that are worth paying a little extra for. The ones on the bottom that IMC has done are the modification of existing gameplay to force payment or else suffer the consequences.

Now I’m not saying that IMC is the devil and doesn’t care. it’s only day 3 and they have time to read these responses and take action on them. And for the sake of the game, I hope they do.

I agree, the Token system needs a major overhaul.

• 1:1 Trading Restrictions
  • +3 Movement Speed
  • +1 Max Buff Count

Should all be removed from it. These 3 things make the game too close to P2W.

I think those 3 bonuses should be replaced by a +10% increased drop rate boost. I think that is a good enough incentive for players with lots of disposable income to buy a Token.

I actually quite like the idea of free TP regen. It makes me feel good when I see that I got some TP for free. So personally I wouldn’t want this removed.

I agree, normal player feels like demo

2 Likes

Actually that is kinda true. It has all the same restrictions of a “free 14 day trial” for any of the subscription based MMOs.

The game isn’t F2P at all atm. It’s a trial.

4 Likes

Westernized as in “theme park” games? Or a new console fad of “cinematic” games where you can beat them without pressing any buttons at all (you will get less “points” but you will beat the game)?

Maybe add that Buy-In Shop that we had in iCBT2 in the vip list

1 Like

The problem that it feels like a demo as a player with Token too, cause even if you have one, you can’t use it benefits, cause …well, they are useless if others are not paying?

2 Likes

I see no issue with the EXP bonus provided by the token. I have a job and dedicate most of my time towards projects and other hobbies so a small experience bonus provided to potentially keep up with everyone else is one of the major reasons I am willing to subscribe to a monthly token.
I am less worried about its price as money is plentiful but my time is the limited resource here so I am glad that there are ways to boost my progression.

1 Like

What you are saying now is basicly “I’m fine with the p2w” things. You just said that you want to buy progression with money. That’s never ok.

You are clearly confusing skipping progression with P2W. Latter includes, but is not limited to, buying exclusive premium weapons that are clearly and objectively better than anything obtainable through regular in-game progression.
If the two terms are ambiguous enough for you personally to be synonymous then I cannot help you and I am sorry.

1 Like

This sounds like a fair system for premium users and free ones. I definitely think Tokes are too expensive to pay for now, even if I had an income.

I am however not bothered by the EXP boost either. I am poor at the moment but that also means I have more time to level. Whereas I imagine people who do pay to subscribe are people with an income and less free time.

Obviously there are exceptions.

It still does not excuse the current trade system.

Wait… do u guys want to put more violence and less panties too? :v NOOOO…

I hope that by “more westernized” you refer to the cash shop, not the gameplay. I was disappointed enough when I started playing to find so many quests and them being almost mandatory (because let’s face it, the ammount of xp they provide is so much better than the average grind) that I felt like RO, which is the reason why I looked at this game in the first place, was for some aspects some steps ahead.

The tokens needs to be sold instantly

As a reference look at WoW’s token or GW2 gems. One of the reasons why players go to those sites on ToS will be that, when the decision to spend real cash is impulsive (look at that cool chupacabra ears! I want them!) they want the silver asap. Having to list the token and wait 48 hours to get the cahs discourages that type of transaction.
The auction house has to serve as a buffer, buying the token and give back silver right away. Think of it as a pawn shop, you go there with your token and come out with the cash, the shop holds the token and has no profit for now, but as soon as another player goes there to buy one, they sell it for a profit. Trying to explain feels a chore, as I mention this system is tested and is working perfectly in those 2 games I mentioned, and I’m sure there are more examples out there I am not aware of.
Also the token price is based on supply/demand and given by the server. This prevents whales from abusing token trading mechanics to get an even greater advantage on the rest of the populace. Pair that with forcing the buyer to USE the token by making it account bound and that would, even if only marginally, help reduce inflation on it’s price (not that slowing tokens price’s rising is in IMC’s best interest, but so far on the internation version they seemed to be reasonable).
To make it even better have the token exchange be cross-server, this would be especially helpful for the latin server since the difference in market ebtween US/EU and latin America. EU/US would have more supply of tokens than Latin America, and with a shared token exchange that commodity’s price would no go out of control on that server. I’m sure there are drawbacks to this that I can’t think of right now though…

There are functionalities within the game, increasing daily dungeon runs to name one, or to buy teleport scrolls, that rely on this option. Removing it would require a major overhaul of other asepcts of the game, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort.

You didn’t mention accessing team storage in your post, but since you suggested 1:1 trading for everyone I assume you want team storage for Free players aswell, since they could bypass the restriction by asking a friend to trade things.
I think that this is more of a grey area and personally I’m not sure how I feel about it. Free players are something hard to handle, they need to be groomed, need a bit of stick but also enough treats. Give them enough benefits and there is no point for the rest to pay for the token, give them too many restriction and you lose them, with repercussions on the paying players aswell: as IMC mentioned few times, for a MMO to strive you need to have the right ammount of active players. Let’s just not forget that along with the active players, you also need a softwere house behind the game to make profit. A game where everyone enjoys everything free of costs is both an awesome game but also a short-lived one.

Concerning trading and restricions though, I would say that as it is now, I’m not sure I want to bother with the token because of the limited ammount of trades, it is mostly my fault I’m sure, but knowing that I only have 30 trades each month, I would never know when it is the right time to use one “charge”.
This pairs especially well in ruining my social experience within the game with the untradeable potions (I know why they made them untradeable, but as I mentioned, I belive that you don’t fight gold sellers by crippling your game). If I group with someone and he’s runing out of helth and has no potions, I WANT to help him out by handing over a few, the same way I like to give away items I don’t need to players I like playing with.

Amen to that, although there is no way to buy TP yet so we can only speculate on their price (keep in mind that those calculations about how much each EA package is worth were based on KTos TP prices afaik), if the price is indeed confirmed, paying players retention will be a huge problem for this game.

I renamed the topic according to your concerns, cause it’s title maybe confusing. The gameplay is ok so far, that’s the Ragnarok we used to know. So yeah, I’m only talking about the token/cash shop system.

IMC should read this! It’s everything they need to make the game less pay to win.

The mistake here is the restriction thing. Restriction is never the right answer, premium and appealing bonuses are the answers. As I stated in my first post, we need something to see in the tokens, which worth money. Making our life easier is one thing for sure. Lets see: 80-90 Tp for a Token (which can not be bought in AH) is REALLY worth it with these kind of comfort things.

I updated my idea with that. So basicly: You can buy a token which can be traded for the same amount of TP like now, but you can buy a Token with the same benefits for personal use.

@felipesouzart You didn’t read a word, right?