Tree of Savior Forum

Solution to silver seller, botting, and trade restriction

So iTOS is trying prevent players from buying silver but putting a restriction on player to player trading. This will just kill the game in the long run. RO was successful because it did not restrict the in-game economy, and gave the player the FREEDOM to buy, sell, and trade as they like. What iTOS really care about is players buying in-game silver from a 3rd party.

iTOS needs to look towards Guild Wars 2 for the solution. iTOS needs to undo trade restrictions and implement their own TP for silver and silver for TP trading system. Because players can buy TP and trade it for silver (without the fear of getting ban), they are less likely to buy silver from a 3rd party seller (and risk getting ban). This way iTOS will get a big piece of the “buy silver for $$$” market. Also because players are buying silver with TP from iTOS, demand to buy silver with cash (from 3rd party) will go down. Hopefully this will also drive down non player base botting as well.

Just saying, this approach worked for GW2 and they are a big success.

Thats my 2 cents. Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

just FYI, this game has been released with nonworking login procedure, pretty sure the ‘suggestions’ forum is just a joke. And btw, game is not free, so even 1 admin can ban all sellers by few working days, but who cares

I’ve suggested exactly the same thing in this thread. So I’m with you, dude.

You do realise that this is the literal definition of “Pay2Win”. Last time I checked, that wasn’t very popular here.

Not necessarily.

Pay2Wiin refers to players who pay real-life money will be better/stronger than players who don’t. This normally refers to cash shop items making paid players stronger at end game.

If there is a system to trade TP for Silver and Silver for TP, even players who dont spend real life money can obtain cash shop items and hence everyone gaining access to the same cash shop items.

Yes, it is paid to play now but it wont be for long.

You are suggesting a quick fix that does not address the root cause.

Example: 1 admin can block/ban 50 spammers a day, but 60 spammer accounts are created everyday. Put 2 admin on the job, and the spammer account increases to 120 a day.

Its a loosing battle. MMOs are a living thing, and iTOS is a living economy. If you kill the demand, the supply will drop.

Do you see any one selling poo in a can? No, because there is no demand for it.

I believe not only those so called “gold sellers” should be banned. Buying stuff from them should be considered as a crime (eula violation) too. And be punished with ban. That is a part of “killing demand”, as well as free trade for TP shop items.

Yes but in the current state of the game silver makes you win more than TP.

Enhancing weapons, armor, buying gear from market and levelling up attributes are currently the way to get stronger.

I know perfect solution - make them legal. ANd make new branch on this forum dedicated to bot sotware, where to download, how to use etc. Those fuckers from IMC wont be mind because more accounts more $, less rage…