Tree of Savior Forum

Steam rating dropping fast

Or rather, they prevent everyone to care for the dying.

To be fair steam reviews can be dumb as hell half of the time. The division got trashed in reviews by thousands of angry little boys because the servers went down for a whole three hours (or less) on release. The dlc’s got trashed in review because over half the people buying them lacked the level of intelligence required to know that you had to redeem the codes on uplay.

I mean that’s just a recent example but you see what I’m getting at…

TOS has some issues that need fixing if the game wants to grow instead of die slowly but TOS is a fun game.

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit more then that… Lets be honest here… If you’re playing the game you know the quests all break or don’t work when it’s lagging…

There is also no indication to the player on how they should be using XP cards in such a way to avoid XP penalties…

Or giving them a heads up about the XP curve resets. So they think they’re grinding so hard to get to 46! Then they get past it and they’re like… why did one XP card just give me 60% of a level? Most people are too stupid to notice those things… or bother connecting to the community or looking at a guide… That’s more reserved to the cultists of Kim. Not the average Joe.

I’d rather come to a games forum for the first time and see “The game isn’t as bad as it’s being made out to be, people are exaggerating. Just log into it and see for yourself” and see if it’s true, than “This game is ■■■■ and a complete waste of time with all the issues it has, it won’t last long.” in which case I won’t even download the game and go find something else to do.

That aside, that Steam overall review made me laugh. Not because the game getting bad rep is funny, but because IMC already went through a similar outrage situation in kTOS for a month yet they still haven’t learned their lesson in regards to the Trading and bug issues.

At least they’re making an attempt though. Let’s hope those attempts are enough to fix things before the game hits F2P, because if the Review Rating moves from Mixed to Mostly Negative before then, then the game will have lost its chance to ever maintain good playerbase numbers for the long run.

The game is great. All the drama can pretty much be summed up with one simple question;

Will IMC re-evaluate the premium bonuses or not?

Two things would make this game absolutely fantastic;

Re-work trading. (allow non-prem. users to trade, allow silver trading, remove silly -1 item potential penalty on all methods of trade) / level requirement on megaphones and/or instance yellchat by level (meaning after say level 1-10 you will never see what anyone level 1-10 yells ever again) Have fun advertising your silver to other bots!

There’s also one simple question we need to ask ourselves as a community;

What sort of company is IMC?

Either they will make their money through cosmetically-appealing micro-transactions (aka GGG / Path of Exile). Or they will continue to do as they do and TOS will sink much quicker than it deserves to.

5 Likes

Well , they should look at this:

Some fine tune here and there and it’s good to go.

Not a surprise.

PD: I forgot my negative review. (writing)

I’m just a bit surprised after all this time they didn’t put in dynamic channel allocation… Most of the NPC bugs are from lag… And from a programming stand point… Wouldn’t it be trivial to setup? Maybe there is some server nuances I don’t know about… But couldn’t it even be adjusted every few days with a short maintenance if it took that? We got 50 channels for the tutorial zone still and they’re always all white.

1 Like

That’s ok , cause when it hits f2p, they will need it.

It seems like. The game certainly has major issues, but who actually plays games based on their steam score?

Ironically yes, even tho the trade and market limitations are pretty bad.

Funny because I was sort of aware of that and went to City asap, and still, the god dann Gem disappeared.

My friend nearly smacked his screen and said was gonna ask a refund to steam thought.

Children complaining because an mmo is not running like a 5 year old bugfree service.
Get out.

1 Like

No, just no.

WoW ‘‘thrived for years’’ because they changed their audience to people that dont usually play games to begin with, they made it a ‘‘mainstream game’’. These people dont demand the same level of quality in a game, so the game was made ‘‘dumbed down’’ year after year.

FFXIV had a great base design at launch (crafting was amazing, the game felt like a real FF online), but it was rushed and instead of giving it time people bashed it so it was ‘‘remade’’.
The remade turned FFXIV into the same mainstream beast that WoW is, so the game (while it added a lot of content) become dumbed down.

Just because WoW and FFXIV bring in money for their respective companies doesnt mean the games thrive from the players POV.

Yes subscription based MMOs can be high quality, but ultimately its all down to the developers, not the method of payment.(if any)

1 Like

They should’ve just marketed this game as P2P, really. Things always go downhill when games are marketed as F2P, especially with some players expecting a completely free game. No such thing as free lunch, boys.

I seem to recall a time when Tera Online had mixed reviews. It did manage to right itself over time.

Mostly from people crying about not being able to boost multiple characters. I can understand why you WOULD want trading and the reasons why you WOULDN’T want it. Try to see both angles here. But yes fix your servers (EU at least), this is kind of foolish being offline for one of your biggest weekends.

Cant believe the amount of hc fanboys defending, bringing arguments which make no sense that they actually believe themselves.

YES THIS IS AN AWESOME GAME, just sucks donkey balls how they handle the bussiness, remove many of the basic elements to have fun with friends and dont give a rats ass about our opinion.

Those ppl dont care about this but complain about instable servers, tbh thats the last thing that comes to my mind, been playing from day 1 WITHOUT lag and barely had to queue.

5 Likes

PSO2 is niche game about dressing up your waifus with no PvP and is completely anime with tons of text, voice actors and other stuff that requires loads of dosh to localize.
Now think again, will PSO2 be profitable if localized?

I agree with that. Its very ironic when you realise how much flak immunity games get just for calling themselves P2P.

Can you write that in a way so it actually makes sense?

How can you call others ‘‘hc fanboys defending’’ when you make the ludicrous claim that youve been playing without lag since day 1?
Extremely lag and unstable servers isnt something to whine about on a MMO launch, but that doesnt change the fact its still extremely lag and the servers are unstable.

Something like this comes to my mind.