Tree of Savior Forum

Noobish Diev-Inquisitor questions

Heya. Lurked a bit the forum, i never really paid attention at cleric classes and i’m a relatively new player, so what i’m gonna ask can sound quite noobish, as the title says.
I created a Cleric2/Diev3 four days ago or so, supposed to go for oracle/pd2, int based, even if i’d liked the idea of a more tanky-utility-still cleric char.
Anyway, I noticed that one of the most spammed builds (290-330 chars in fed i.e) are Cleric2/Diev3/Oracle/PD-Kabba (matter of taste?)/Inquisitor. Looking at the database, people suggest full con for this specific progression.
Roughly figured out, reading a few posts listed here, that this build is mostly pvp/gvg/still decent in party pve oriented. May I ask which are the stats (full con i suppose? What about the damage, both physical and magical? Asking this 'cause a lot of builds are str/dex based, or take Paladin3/Diev1, etc), the itemizaton and, let’s say, the gameplay? I have a perma party, never joined pvp/gvg (yet! but i’d love to in a few weeks), so i’m not looking for anything oriented for solo-pve.

Already had bad experiences with tosbase builds, so wanted to gather more informations before using in 10 days the reset stat elisir.

i m seeing/reading the thing now for inqi is putting con at around 50-100 rest is dex with lil str and just use high lv gem yellow or red

most say high dex stat +yellow gem gives more damage than high str +green gem)

uhm, yeah, saw also dex/str builds with monk c2 or so, was just curious about the usage/gameplay of these diev3/oracle/kabba-pd full con inquisitors, but it seems they don’t read the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

well for spamming im thinking of doing c2/diev1/pal3/*/inq
and go for a 4-1-1 build dex/con/str

i really cant take out a diev(love laima slow and -cd) in any of my plan cleric build

im no pro maybe this thread [Class] Inquisitor's Thread will be more useful

This is definitely PVP build. It all starts with: what you want? PVP, PVE or a bit of both?

Builds with Diev 1 are very good for PVE, for PVP can’t really say it make such a difference as Oracle, PD or Kabba 1 would.

As stats, for PVP ppl have a tendency to go full CON as Inquisitors dmg is quite high without STR and crit for it. For PVE you definitely would need crit to abuse the dmg.

Even though Inquisitor has a magic type atk and so PD, you can go without int as both have high base atk and your weapon can compensate for it (of course you won’t havedmg as high as an INT user but don’t try to mix INT and STR builds it you require too many points that you don’t have).

Thanks a lot for the answer.
I started with a full pve char (and rerolled, thanks to tosbase builds which are often noobietraps), so now i’m aiming at a more pvp/gvg/ET versatile build, plus really like the idea of a tanky-utility/still decent dmg character.
I rerolled at 220 ca., so i never joined grinding parties in the 210-300 range, but i suppose a Healer/Diev3/Oracle/PD can be still good.

I’m not that good with formulas yet and I may be wrong, but guess a, let’s say, 50-100 Int (for heal and a bit of dmg as PD/Inqui?) and then full con should be perfectly viable for pve grinding parties and pvp/gvg. If so, i’ll just abuse the reset stat elisir in a few days!

If you go PD2 with Diev 3 you got nice dmg for PVE and the build also works well for PVP with Oracle as your 1 rank filler.

If you go Inquisitor in the last rank it is more of a PVP offensive (Inquisitor is very good at PVP atm in any cleric build). It can work for PVE still, PD2 would prob be more consistent dmg, however as mobs have higher mdef if your build does not have high INT I would not be surprised that Inqui would give you more options to deal with mobs being a physical offensive mostly.

Just keep in mind that hybrid builds, especially with magical and physical atks will probably not exceed in dps compared to others (I say probably cause incinerate is very nice even with lower matk and inquisitor is a killing machine - I have PD1 Inqui in my Paladin build). You are giving in some dmg for the versatility you are looking for here.

50 INT invested points will give you around 100ish converted points with rank 8. Not that much as extra matk, for heals it will boost for 300~600 your tiles with 23k~50k HP players from what i’ve tested. For higher HP abuse lvl 6 red gem if possible (they give you 1k HP in armor and pantsu) and yellow (750 in boots). But the misture in CON and INT is up to you. Usually 10 invested points in CON give about 1k HP in clerics. I have an Inquisitor lvl 318 and with 80 invested in CON, 3 red gems lvl 6, 1 yellow lvl 5 (500 HP), roxona gloves (300 HP) and virtov robe and pants (3k HP together), also dung 290 mace (20 CON) and Max Peta (14 CON), I have 29k HP. Like more than a third of my HP is not from invested points in CON.

1 Like

Think i got what you’re pointing out, guess, eventually, It’s just up to the players to choose what fits more their gameplay.
As far as I really understood the meaning of your suggestions, a full CON build is viable and quite good in gvg, still decent dmg thanks to high lvl weapons/gems (still equipment can give you a more-than-good base HP with just 80-100 CON).
Same goes for DEX:STR:CON progression, but didn’t even consider this build due to the fact i won’t take any Pally/physical dmg class circle, i won’t deal any real kind of dmg till rank 8, but that was quite obvious since the beginning.

So in the end i think i’ll just run full CON. Thanks a lot again, you were helpful.

1 Like