Tree of Savior Forum

[Palaquisitor] Advice

After asking around and reading some articles I settled for this build on my WiP Palaquisitor.

There’s still quite a few undistributed Skill Points since I’m not sure which skill to prioritize, specifically:

Cleric: Probably going to max Fade as Cure will be outclassed by PD’s Bloodletting.

Priest: Don’t think it matters what I max here as long as I have 5/5 Ress. I’ll be using Scroll buffs anyway.

Paladin: Restoration doesn’t seem worth upgrading since it’s only used for the SP regen anyway, debating whether or not I should put one point into Coversion and the rest into Turn Undead.

Inquisitor: The database doesn’t have specific information on all of his skill so I don’t which are worth maxing. God Smash is a no brainer and Maleus seems worth at least 1-pointing.

As for stats so far I’m going CON 1:6 DEX, debating whether or not I should ignore CON and go full DEX. Not sure which Armor type should I use, probably Plate or Leather, right?

Any tips?

EDIT: Updated the Build, still undecided about the remaining Cleric skill points. Is Unprotected Zone even worth considering?

EDIT 2: Alright, I think I’m set, thanks for all the input, guess it’s time grind :slight_smile:

1 Like

take 1 point out of safety and put it into cure, you will need it even with PD, plus it helps early game

and for stats, just put like 70+ con and rest DEX

Interesting, would you mind explaining why exactly I would want Cure when Bloodletting has an almost 100% uptime?

cure kills traps for 1 point, that exactly why you are ever gonna use it, not so bad as an utility point.

the other 3 unused points will go to deprotect zome (for the attribute, it requires 3 points).

10 heal
10 safety
1 cure
3 deprotect
5 divine
1 fade

has been the no brain build since beta basically, stop asking about this stuff ç____ç

Well, I’m relatively new to the game plus it’s my first Cleric character so of course I will ask ‘obvious’ questions.

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up, I think that finilized my build.

u only need level 1 Monstrance for the DEX buff, more level will give more magic circle but increase the cast time… better spend 4 point left for Aspersion…

also at PD, u should put at least 1 point at Fumigate, Bloodletting only prevent level 2 debuff… well right now there’s only a few level 3 debuff but it expect to be more later…

Oh? Monstrance’s cast time increases with it’s level? The Database definitely didn’t say that, I guess in that case I have no choice but to waste points on Aspersion.

I’ll think about taking Fumigate though I don’t feel I’d get much value out of it considering how few Lvl 3 Statuses there are right now.

Good choice, that is the Meta for Physical Inquisitor right now.

Well it is fine if you ask the Cleric class distribution, in majority people simply followed meta build and realized their skills are suck anyway…

But in honesty, I’m the one of Cleric that regretting to get Deprotect Zone and Safety Zone for my very 1st Cleric class I made (thankfully it’s just for experiment and only collecting silvers to buy both in-game pets, later it becomes Pardoner for skill scrolls). Deprotect really falls off in mid game on level 100++, wasted points and silver for an effect that only 10% of what Blessing does (so it’s fine to even drop it). Safety Zone already does its job with attributes so not maxing it was fine but leftovers can thrown here. Cure in other hand is really good DPS skill when you can buy attributes (so cheap and 50% damage boost is equal to Monk/Druid skills when combo-ed)…

That’s what I thought about Deprotected Zone, seems too gimmicky and insignificant on paper.
Also, how is Cure a good DPS skill? I’ve never used it so I wouldn’t know.

Only bother with Cure if you’re a INT-focused build.

You can still get it lvl 1 for utility of removing rank 1 debuffs or hitting stuff for 1 dmg quickly, but it’s not necessarily that useful.

Since you’re CON/DEX, you can ignore Cure completely.

Fumigate is mostly for PvP. In pvm you can pick lv 5 Bloodletting instead and have party-wide debuff immunity with nearly 100% uptime (no need for Fumigate). Still, in pvp you might want to only get it lv 1 and spend points into other debuff-prevention (Bloodletting, Beak Mask) instead.

In pvp, Bloodletting will have it’s duration reduced so Fumigate / Beak Mask becomes more useful to use during Bloodletting’s downtime.

No. It’s absolutely garbage for any build.

Also, don’t even bother using it as a debuff for PD’s Incineration. AoE is too small and mobs will lose debuff if they walk outside it.

Yes. I believe it’s 0.2 or 0.3 seconds per skill level. At high levels (above 10) it’s completely impractical to use because if you get hit by a mob while it’s casting the skill will cancel. It’s a very bad skill at higher lvls, you can keep it lvl 1 for DEX buff.

Just a little hint there: with new rank 8 content where mobs hit really hard, Fade became a lot better. I regret not maxing Fade on my Paladin/PD because it helps a lot to do quests where you have to collect stuff on the ground and such. Deprotected and Cure (without INT) becomes pretty useless by rank 8 so your points are better spent with Fade (in my opinion).

Restoration has a hidden mechanic to boost the healing from your Heal skills. That mechanic however, works basically doubling the INT bonus to your heals. Since you have no INT in your build, Restoration will be pretty bad even to boost healing. It’s also a bit annoying to work since people need to be near you once they get healed.

I would rather spend those points into Turn Undead. It becomes pretty useful when mobs start getting 100k+ hp and it still insta-kills them. Leave Restoration lv 1 if you’re unsure, the healing mechanic will be the same and the SP regen attribute (from lvl 3) is pretty garbage anyways.

Also, I believe Turn Undead’s description for Targets hit is wrong. I’ve had moments where Turn Undead would only hit 1 or 2 mobs (not sure) at skill lvl 1 even though it should hit 4.

well, for me its perfect like this, id get more fade if i had spare points.
now u go DEX/CON and be awesome =)

Alright, revised my my build according to your feedback. I’ll happily skip Cure, Fumigate and Unprotected Zone sicne I have no interest in PvP. My build is intended for PvE exclusively.

Brought Turn Undead up to lvl 4, maybe I’ll take your advice and go for lvl5 ignoring Restoration. Still have some time to decide as I’m only level 100.

4 unused points on Priest because there’s no other skill I’d use, rather save those points for possible future changes.

What about armor? Which would work better with my build, Leather or Plate?

That’s up to personal choice.

In a high DEX build like yours, you’re likely to hit the 80% dodge rate cap in pvm situations given you are using a proper boots.

However, if you are using sub-optimal or lower level boots, a leather set will help you get back up to the dodge cap.

I personally really like the Shade set (top and pants only) because it gives both evasion and critical resistance. People tend to overlook on it but crit resist is actually very good against physical attacks in pvm. Reducing a crit hit back to non-crit is much more damage mitigation than what 100~200 physical defense can give you (again, in pvm) in higher lvls content.

The biggest drawback to leather, however, is the fact archer mobs will hit you (when they hit you) for 50% more damage (due to Leather weakness to pierce). This makes a big difference because you can prevent melee mobs dmg by moving around but not archer mobs.

Plate gives you a little more hp from the attribute and the 10% damage reduction from physical. It’s obviously the best choice if you’re capped at evasion but not quite optimal otherwise.

Just to give you an idea of numbers to tweak on, against level 270 mobs, you need around 1k evasion to hit the dodge rate cap. If you can get to that with a plate set, awesome. Otherwise, leather might be better.

Dodging an attack (in pvm) is worlds better than mitigating it through physical defense. Your gears won’t lose durability from dodging and mobs dmg happen to scale imensely on later content which makes physical defense quite lackluster.

IMC announced they will be changing the way equipment physical/magical defense scales so maybe things will be changed in the future.

EDIT:
Although I’m not a big fan of it, you can even use Cloth armor to reduce 50% pierce damage from those pesky archers. You can’t dodge archers in pvm by moving around so reducing Pierce type damage is much more valuable than reducing Bludgeon or Slash.

Got it, guess I won’t worry about Armor for now where I’m still in the process of leveling.

Hi ! First, sorry for my poor English, so i read this post and it was really helpfull for me but i need advice : i want to replace pd by kabbalist.

And for priest, if i drop it for diev i’m useless in party ?

My goal is to clear the PvE as dps player, i play a lot alone so i need some semi-support skills for soloing but i want to be competitive in partyplay; as dps( i love dungeon so i don’t play alone always :slight_smile: )

I made a build like this cleric 2 > diev 1 > pala 3 > kabba 1 > inqui 1

Test C2>D1>P3>K1>I1

So maybe priest 1 is better than diev 1 ? And what about C3 ?
( i search the good synergise with my goal ^^ )

And for stats i think it’s DEX/con ?

Good days !

1 if your main goal is DPS and you want Paladin 3, take monk on rank 7, so you will have something a DPS must have, a “rotation” in this case, DPS skill rotation, because paladin and Inqui skill has cooldown, some are soooo loong, and Double Punch will fill those empty time while other skill is on cooldown.

2 if your main goal is DPS, monk 2 / monk 3 will serve you better than Paladin 3

3 From the videos I see, there is almost no way Inqui could be “competitive” especialy with Drag2, Fen3, Dop3, the current DPS God, but maybe you can, if you follow point number 1 or 2 :wink:

4 Diev will be better when soloing, and you have Carve Attack skill, believe me it will be good once you have a good gear. It also help to fill the “rotation”

5 Priest is only better on ET, or if you play with some noob that have 0 CON and have no Crystals. Or if you play with Heavy DEX character

6 Cleric 3 is somehow unique and from the new KToS Patch, Guardian Angel will be usefull, so its viable now

7 Kabba is better for PVP, but on PVE it offers less than PD, even than Monk IMO

8 Yes DEX with some CON, but keep in mind put Blok Pen Gem on Hands, and look for STR equip for more Blok Pen if you feel you need it

Hi,
Thx for our advice, it was really helpfull.
I think i take monk 2 / 3 ( but i learn the m3 is just for cooldown ? )
I know at r8 they’re some advantage at doing swordman but i love the support part of cleric ( for soloing or party ) and my goal is pure PvE so i take off kabalist.

I think of build like this :

• Cleric3 >(diev or priest or ? )>Monk3 ( or Monk2 with Plague doctor1)>Inqui

• Cleric2 > ( Priest 1 diev 1 or Diev 2 )> Same as above.

The two build is similar, the 1st i take Cleric 3 for Guardian Angel, better heal etc…, so diev 1 or priest 1 is preference like solo for diev and support for priest, but, just one level in Priest is enough for ET ? ( with Cleric 3 and maybe monk 2 plague doctor 1 ) ? ( ET is not my pure goal, but i love PvE so i wanna be able to clear them one or two and don’t want to be useless in .).

I really love the idea of the Cleric 3, so i love my first build ( is like a futureproof build ?), but maybe take just 1 rank in priest or one in diev is useless ? ( maybe if i monk 2 plague doctor 1 i’l will be a good dps and a good support ? )
I don’t have my final build, but in head i love Cleric 2 or 3 > Diev 1 P1 ( Or just Priest 1 / diev 1 if i take Cleric3)> Monk 3 > Inqui sound :slight_smile:

Good Day !

As me who take Kabbalist, it’s seriously wrong when Kabba do worse for PvE. Sure it’s only 2 skills matters with Ein Sof and R7F but they both got situationally buffed when PvE becomes harder in rank 8 maps… If you take math skills then yeah that Kabba is suck…

you ARE the heavy dex char that need as much crit rate as possible.

Do yourself a favor, at rank 3 pick priest for monstrance 1 + ress and be super happy with it :slight_smile: