Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

I’ve only seen a couple of sporadic topics on this class, so… Here we can (hopefully) discuss the Sadhu class in more depth!

Class Information (Features full list of Skills and Attributes)
http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/class/sadhu
Skill Simulator

General Class Listing [Korean] :
http://info.tos.nexon.com/community/job/list.aspx

BUILDS
[WIP Utility Sadhu Build][1] - Just a quick build I will be trying to see if I could use certain skills in OoB mode,

There’s only one other public build and it is outdated. Let’s make some!

A few previous discussions on the Sadhu Class:
[Sadhu Class Questions][2]
[Sadhu OoB and other Class Skills][3]

Some current KCBT3 notes on Sadhu brought to you by @xxforbidden405

[quote]To summary stuff for circle 1

-OOB have no cd and no cast time. You can use it whenever you want to. -OOB base dmg from INT/MATK. For now skill level only increase moving range of spirit form. -You can't move body while in OOB state. -Spirit form can do normal attack (z) only. One hit will do 3 times damage and attack can also spread to any nearby targets. -There's an attribute to have 10% chance to reduced 30% of target Phy Def per attribute level while attack with spirit form. Max is lv5. -All skill should be able to use while in OOB state include skill that's not Sadhu skill, Exception is skill that's not require to be in an OOB stat (ex. other job skill) will be use by body not spirit. You can use skill at the same time while pressing z to attack with your spirit form. -Skill that require to be in OOB stat to use will be use at your spirit form (ex.Prakiti, Astral Body Explosion, Vashita Siddhi) -While in OOB stat. Your phy def will turn to 0. -Spirit form can't be hit by anything. -OOB will cancel if body got hit any anything. -Please note this information are from KR 3rd beta. So stuff might possible to change in future.
[/quote] ----------

Feel free to add any notes you’ve made on the class as well! Share builds, whatever! If you feel something is worth throwing into the OP I will gladly put it in there if it’s relevant.
[1]: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/1n2uroz91t/
[2]: Sadhu class Questions
[3]: Sadbu Out of Body and other class skills

13 Likes

*I personally plan to play Sadhu during this upcoming iCBT1 to test some things such as the build stated above, and will keep this post here updated to my personal findings as to avoid clogging up the OP with things that might not be strictly Sadhu.

So, reserved!

Sadhu gains insane attack speed and movement speed during his astral form.
But since you are int based, you deal high magic damage per second if you just autoattack. You’ll melt most enemies within seconds if you specialize on your autoattack(=ectoplasm) damage.

The only problem you have is that you draw enemy aggro easily and just one hit is enough to cancel your astral form. That’s why fade and safety zone are great for sadhu.
Your body while in astral form also gains an evasion bonus in % afaik but your armor drops.
Since that’s the case, I’m not sure if you couldn’t also just build INT+DEX to increase your evasion instead of having to rely on Fade.
The evasion boost seems to already be noticable even without DEX.

I would go for cleric 3 sadhu 3 maxing safety zone, divine might, astral body, Prakriti, astral explosion and possession.
Rather straightforward/boring build but ridiculously strong.

If you go sadhu 3 it’s kind of suckish that you rely on astral form so much though. It might actually be smart to invest into a good damage/cc spell from another class that you can use in case you can’t switch to astral form for whatever reason, so that you at least got a trick up your sleeve in case someone or something keeps interrupting your astral form.
Maybe zaibas from Krivis or Hexing+Effigy from Bokor. Going sadhu 2 instead of 3 like in your build is another option to counter that problem.

sadhu need str?
you said he needs to AA…

so you think sadhu rank 6 doesnt worth?:

send planar… transfer abilities? int? you lose all your int points? x.x

Your AAs in astral form are Int-based.

Imo sadhu rank 6 is very strong. But it’s easy to see through.

When a player sees that you use astral form, the enemy knows exactly what you are up to and how to counter you.
An archer could for example just stay out of your astral body range, then shoot at you with kneeling shot from the other side of the arena.
The predictability of your moves is not a big weakness if you are flexible in battle tho.

I personally wouldn’t invest into Send Planar, I’d go with sadhu in rank 6 just to maximize the earlier skills like astral explosion to their full power. Not that send planar seems bad I just don’t know where you’d use that skill.
Give it to buff characters before they apply their buffs? Not sure.

Wha? I thought Sadhu’s attacks scale off of STR. Very interesting. Where did you get this info from?

From a sadhu who’s currently playing in CBT3.

I didn’t find more info about Send Planar (last sadbu skill) x_x
Maybe its better to switch to Druid, in last rank…

I made this build a while ago, but I’d change some things now: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/43immx1vdy/

I’d invest more points in Possession rather than Vashita Siddhi, maybe allocate all VS points to Possession and OoB. I don’t know if VS will be effective since it reduces stats (except CON) by 1 point per level.

My biggest doubt is related to Aukuras - since I opted by Cure instead of Heal, I’d like to have some kind of healing. However, 5 points in Daino can be really useful to increase max buffs.

I’d like to read your opinions. XD

PS.: Send Planar = TransmitPrana? :frog:

last sadhu skill (circle3)

Ah ok, they didn’t change the name in Skill Simulator, thanks.

@EDIT: actually they did, but in my build it’s still TransmitPrana. XD

OoB needs to be high in order to increase your astral body’s range away from your real body as you know.
As sadhu you are in a sense a high-range turret obliterating anything that comes within your range, that’s why I think the more range you have, the more room for play you have.
If you just want to use the astral body in order to use ranged spells from a safe distance lvl9 might be enough since you get additional range from your spells.

But getting safety zone only to lvl5 is a great mistake imo. It’s like Kyrie Eleyson from Ragnarok just that it has no drawbacks and it gains +2 extra hits it can take before it disappears for every level you invest into it.
But lvl5 is better than nothing. I watched one sadhu leveling completely without safety zone. He kept getting interrupted and couldn’t do much without playing extremely hectic. It was no big problem during boss fights but against a mob of enemies it was a pain to watch.

If you’re already going down the Krivis route then Zalciais might not be a bad choice but I don’t think I have seen anyone using it. Later in the game Archers and Swordsman classes hit for like 2k damage and 10k when they crit (at least if they have a decent build). You really don’t want the latter to happen. You really don’t.

When sadhu attacks with OoB … the monsters will only attack the real body?

TransmitPrana still a mystery u_u

So… how many points worth spend with safety zone?
I was going to choose krivis path…

1 Like

Yes they only attack the real body. Which is why you need to protect it somehow.

Thank you for your input @kill5link!

Zalciai also have the function to lower enemies’ critical hit. I don’t know if it plays a big role endgame, but I prefer spending points there than Aukuras or lv5+ Daino.

I’ll definitely allocate points from Aukuras to Daino, we already know how beneficial Daino can (and will) be with more buff slots than having more HP Regen from Aukuras.

About OoB, I definitely agree with you. I still don’t know how far the spirit can go since I didn’t play any CBT (and I won’t play this iCBT). Those points allocated in VS is too valuable to be in there, so I’ll probably MAX OoB and reallocate the rest to Possession.

Following my build, both Safety Zone and Deprotected Zone are fated to be LV5 max, so their benefits are surely limited, especially when we talk about endgame. Heal can be useful to heal (d’oh) and damage, so I may reallocate 5 points from either SZ or DZ to Heal, I think my gains will be greater than just increasing/decreasing enemies DEF.

@II_JoJo_II - in this case monsters will attack the body, not the spirit. About SZ, I still don’t know. XD (at least to use in my build).

Great discussions going on in here, I’ve been away most of the day yesterday but thank you for all the input @kill5link!

Also @Celov, I think http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/skill/transmitprana is a more accurate description of the last Sadhu skill. I prefer the wiki over tosbase when it comes to the skills, plus the wiki provides changes in skill steps as well.

Thank you, @meanie!

Both websites have skill improvements according to level (if I get it right). :blush:

I wasn’t aware of that skill name change, but at least skill icon remain the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also to further the discussion, is it possible to use Possession while in the Astral Form? From the video, I don’t think it is and the fact that it is a flat 5 second lockdown makes me believe it isn’t worth it to max out just for more added damage… (especially if you’re already a higher DPS in OoB form with auto attacks)

I do love CC but it doesn’t increase time with ranking so I think I’d put the points elsewhere, personally…

Possession may be useful in Group PvP, making targets easier to lock for your allies.

I’m considering its damage scales pretty well, but I don’t have numbers to help here.

I also don’t know the answer for your question. :confused:

Yeah, I do like the lock down for PvP of course. But it also looks like you have to be using it from your actual body which limits its functionality for me as well… I guess since Sadhu is seemingly mainly a DPS, it would make sense to rank it for the damage. But because it’s lockdown time doesn’t increase by ranking the skill I would put it into the spirit debuff or something else most likely…

I went into Sadhu thinking that I’d make it the support/lockdown class I wanted to make for PvP, but learned that Out of Body has very little synergy when it comes to using other skills and functions more like a DPS type of thing…which is a bummer overall for me, I had no intention on working on a DPS at this time haha.