Tree of Savior Forum

Allow class resets please

Bad example they let you reset. That and most mechanics in WoW from when I last played back in Vanilla were pretty straight forward. Also to reset and test skills didn’t cost real money instead being done via in game currency. Most games I have played usually do offer a way of doing so either with in game currency or cash shops.

By documentation I mean things like patch notes and upcoming changes. It’s not the players who are being spoon fed but IMC since everyone is doing work for them by translating, making addons, and providing information they just don’t care to give themselves.

1 Like

Hmm didn’t IMC include patch notes for the changes they make? Upcoming changes are not in iToS yet why would they include it in first? If you are talking about things which are changed yet are not talked about officially by IMC, do google for “undocumented changes insert whatever game you want” and you will see a slew of changes are that not documented in their respective game’s official patch notes. Seems like an “industry standard” to practice that.

Addons are something which is in-addition to the original game, I don’t think it is fair to just lump it for this topic though.

chill sis~ @Nekorin

you’re on fire

here, teh o ice limau

3 Likes

I completely agree with this.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Because the topic is about resetting. The most common used phrase in it’s defense against is “do the research” and that leveling teaches you how to play your class. IMC/players expects you to know about kTOS at this point and hawk that forum thread made by a player to stay informed of changes making correct class choices. Right?

This is what I’m gathering everyone is saying. So when you go in the game and play you don’t make bad characters needing a reset. You’ll need to make sure you also read every forum thread over the past two years about everything ever in the classes history to know of any bugs or anything wrong about it. That way you can avoid wasting time in game leveling a “bad” character you’ll reroll.

Main problem is you’ll find people like me in there saying the truth about stuff which is bad going against a lot of same people in threads like these saying things are fine! It took people 4-6 months to figure out Sadhu was a bugged and wonky class that almost anything can fill the spot with better for DPS/Support. Does it tell you that in the game? No. In fact it even labels the class symbol as red which is typically for DPS and yet people would argue about that it had support options which are sooo bad you don’t even consider them.

There’s so much stuff like this you’ll spend either 100’s of hours on the forums or in game coming to the same conclusion. Then everyone will pretty much be the same class combinations anyways or “cookie cutter” because everything is bugged or bad. It’s just a matter of who figures it out first and gets to #1 on PVP and to that boss spawn before others. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reset debate is an beaten horse stopped only by people who want to remain themselves king of the cookie cutters. :cookie:

1 Like

Do research if you wanna min max… be it create 99alts learn by the hardway, or learn the “smart” way reading forums,asking people etc etc

If you play casually, just go for anything looks cool to you, if u like adventure, go rainbow build~
Dont like ur current build, roll another character with different build.

People cry for reset because people want to play just 1 character the first time and win all the time.

How many of you who ask for reset have atleast 10alts…

• i want class reset in anyway possible, i have 5~7 alts
  • i want class reset in anyway possible, i have 8~10 alts
  • i want class reset in anyway possible, i have more than 10alts
  • i want class reset in anyway possible, i have only the default 4slot

0 voters

I have deep impression for the few MMO i played coz i made more than 50alts different classes and build, learn it and test out the theory i read…

Sadhu case is just IMC’s fault, but doesnt grant you the rights to ask for Reset.
If you feel cheated by Sadhu, you either quit TOS or roll another different build/classes.

thats the problem, year2016 players just blindly follow anything and expect to TOP in everything…

how many of these noble guide writer senior forumer actually went through all the trouble figuring out the synergy/strategy, making lots of mistake along the way, learning and discovering, just to write a guide.

Swordman Thread @Cathexis had fun making lots of alts , exploring many things.
But he quit not because the game has no Reset.
Most people quit becoz of the core issue (fps, balances, bug/exploit, poor content)

MMO genre is dead.
Now its just a chat-apps with rich-feature and avatar walking in virtual world.

moba/first-person-shooter is the only competitive/fun genre left…

Because effort, i didnt play 99alts 9999hours so everyone in server can be as good as me

Nonetheless, TOS has lost its charm/illusion/chances to be the new great MMO.

Despite my strong disagreement for any sort of reset, at this point, TOS just gonna be another Costume-p2win-social-sim MMO.

its just another The Sim Online that allows you to hit some monster, bitch-slapping players, abusing low-ai monsters

Class Reset definitely coming and everyone can play leisurely~

Big Question is, How is IMC gonna implement the said Class/Rank Reset

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

i’m starting searching new 1st person shooter game or maybe ill shall go back on Blacklight Retribution
Overwatch is BuytoPlay

or best mmo right now is path of exile, looks like population is raising now, last saw with this game is about 4k players same right now on TOS

hope TOS will rise population too as path of exile do now increase its playerbase cause of these new content added to the game…ASCENDANCY and these ATLAS OF THE WORLDS

Don’t use those path of exile steam numbers because they have their own client outside steam

1 Like

Are you just basically regurgitating what I said and spamming this thread with poll posts on alt accounts or what?

1 Like

my main forum account has been mute…

so… just my desperate effort to come back forum and write something
(sue me?)

regurgitating, maybe, up to however people wanna read it as

you are pro-reset, im anti-reset, know the difference pls.

but at this point onwards, since most reasonable “altaholic” players quit the game,
IMC has no choice but cater to whatever customer left, the cry-babies.

2 Likes

Some solution is better than no solution. Or even a solution which will take years to come when the game likely doesn’t have that time. Although again, even that’s assuming IMC is capable of class balance in the first place.

But hey, whatever. Continue decrying circle resets while hoping for this better solution of amazing class balance that will likely never come. Meanwhile, most other people will just move on to other games (or have done so already, obviously)

2 Likes

huh?

if you willing to pay for Class Reset, why dont just buy EXP Tome and dungeon reset voucher
lv1 to lv280 is just about 50hours play time or so

silver invested in attribute, welp, buy token and sell in market~

what, not willing to spend hundreds of dollar reroll,
want free event-based class reset?

good, but so far no official words from IMC yet

nekorin just giving her idea how TeamLevel and other aspect of the game can help to ease you rolling alt

nekorin just against 1click-reset-tp-item

u? whats your preferred Class Reset method?

1 Like

What about a solution where you fuse two charakters together.
Your destination charakter will keep all the achivement progress and stuff and your source charakter will be deleted.
Let me tell you what I have in mind:

• You choose a destination Charakter that you want to change some circles from
  • You pick a source charakter that has these circles you want to put on your destination charakter
  • All circles that has beed maxed (lv 15) are eligable for the fusing process
  • Now you can pick which circles you want to transfer from the source charakter to the destination charakter (all attribute from the source will stay in tact)
  • You will loose all attrbutes and what you spend for the circles you overwrite on the destination char
  • Your source char will be deleted and unplayable

That means that you have the possibility to fuse your charakter together as you like and you still playing the low level content to get there.

You wont loose any progress on your main charakter. And it’s much more appealing if you only want to reset some of the earlier circles until R5 for example.

I’d like that idea but I think that this is not that easy to programm. And you need some new interfaces for it.

Personally I read forums and do research then experiment. When I brought people with me we all split roles and classes to test things. The two I tested in Cleric happened to be Sadhu/Druid and Priest/Paladin which are bum classes because buff scaling sucks, bugs, and nerfs. When they added new areas there was a huge lack of foresight into mechanics for these things so damage is king aside from utility like invulns.

The game no longer supports freedom of choice and just stupid simplistic brute force. That’s prolly why the million alt and testers left including myself. When you figure out everything the “fun” in experimenting is lost.

2 Likes

I’m completely for Circle Resets and/or Rebirth system with 1000% increased exp up until to one’s original base level, with all class advancement quests reset and attribute investments retained.

I think the latter would be way easier for IMC to code into the game in a timely and effective manner ^o.o^

yes, but how is Class Reset of any sort will help?
when the flaw itself is balance and content

let me rephrase, when the flaw itself is IMC~ huehuehue

1 Like

Because when/if they do fix/balance things they -should- give reset options to the people who got screwed over so they don’t quit? I’m prolly never coming back because it is too late, but if they offered it many months ago maybe the game would not have lost so many people.

Almost every game has fail safes to cushion these types of problems except ToS because it is like that one special snow flake build destined to reroll from poor performance.

1 Like

because game was supposed to update major content after 1 or 2years?
maintenance was supposed to maintain the game, not change the game…

but TOS literally changing content every month or so

rapid changes caused disturbance

still, reset is a bad solution, but a solution any left over player would like to have.

3 Likes