Tree of Savior Forum

! Please optimize the game, please it's urgent!

System

• CPU : i5 4460 3.2GHz

• RAM : 8GB (I’ll buy more 8GB soon)

• Graphics Card : GTX 970 SC

• Mainboard : ASUS B85M-E/BR

• Storage : HDD 500GB

• Internet Connection : 10Mb, 1Mb

• Country, Region : Jundiaí-SP, Brazil

• GPU driver updated, DirectX updated, game installed on C: not C:\Program Files… (so it’s installed on the right folder, to avoid bugs, Windows don’t like games being installed on C:\Program Files…). Just a bonus tip for all gamers ^^

Please optimize the game, the game have some awful fps drops, big and constant drops, even outside citys (because in cities it’s almost unplayable)

I know about the ping, it’s high because I live on Brazil, I’m well aware of that, but I’m talking about the fps. The lag I can handle.

***sorry my english

5 Likes

Optimization wont happen I guess. They are already done with that part of the game. Sadly, I agree… the game is very badly optimized, but that will remain like that.

You don’t avoid bugs by installing games on Program Files folder, mine is on F: drive (slave) same with all my Steam games and all work fine there.

My rig is lower than yours and i don’t have it that bad except on world bosses with too much skills being cast (5 fps), there was an old thread explaining about some tweaks to do on the user.xml file:

DrawActorPersent=“5” DrawMonsterPersent=“50” (note that the default values are 99, i changed mine to these, well not sure if they help in anything).

Go on Steam open the Bibliotca right click on the game go on Propriedades and on Definir Opções de Inicialização add -dxlevel 11 and press ok.

In game, disable all the FX on Settings, use the Low Graphics option and i would suggest you to turn off Show other Players Name.

We are working on optimization recently. At least there will be more graphics option to enable better fps, sacrificing graphics detail. It will be useful on some occasion s such as Boss battle or GvG battle.

73 Likes

Some more on/off FX switches would be nice, specially for other players skill effects.

whoa a dev nice to hear

Options to turn everything off except self stuff, heals and buffs

1 Like

But optimization is =! turn off everything so we have stickmans. :smiley: I mean, I love the game as it is and I would love to play with my graph like that.

Is there any chance to have this game optimized that we can expect pc conf and game graph in balance?

Btw, it’s off topic, but I just want to ask you, since you appeard: will there be shinobi fixes in the near future?

Oh, and another question: Mouse control. Improving too? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

True fullscreen would be lovely

Thats nice to hear. I hope this “at least” will be really “atleast”. Because this game needs optimization, and not only possibility to turn everything off.

Thanks for this response~
One request that would help a lot of players is to have an option to disable effects of monsters dying. If you could please look into adding that option in the future that would be great!

1 Like

Its good to hear that you dont ignore this matter, but just more options to turn things off is only a work around… did you perhaps start with a engine that is simply not meant to be used for a game such as ToS? I love the game, but it seems the engine cant handle this.

I want an option to hide every other player sprite so town loadings doesnt take forever!!!

Oh , and I’m very glad that we see one of the developers here. This is a pretty nice and huge step toward the community and I appreciate that. I would love to see a weekly developer Q&A topic.

1 Like

@hkkim

Are you working on netcode optimization? It seems the main source of FPS loss on both bosses and PvP.

Thank youuuu :heart_eyes:

Dear hkkim, please take a look at this thread - I checked my GPU load during terrible city framerate loss. Here's what I discovered

There A LOT of investigation on the FPS problems. May be it’ll be usefull !

1 Like

From what I could tell the graphics aren’t the main source of the fps drops, its the netcode when you have to many people around. So giving us stick graphics wont actually help that much except for the few people playing on actual toasters, but even then they will still see no improvement in large boss fights.

2 Likes

Indeed the game lacks on optimization. Sadly the workaround being used is to disable features from the game which will lower by a lot the fun that players can have with the game, since the wonderful details potential that the game has will all be disabled. A thing I can’t stand is that for every gameplay on Korean servers that I see on Youtube for example, are all clean and no stuttering due to FPS. I know that there were some changes to adapt the game to the platforms such as Steam, although instead of rushing to launch the game, these details should have been exhaustively worked. It’s been 4 weeks that I don’t enter my game account, and the main reason is that I have no reason to stay on a 2D game that seems to be have much more CPU usage than games that I play like

1 Like

pls mi lord. my potato pc need some love.