Tree of Savior Forum

In-depth Comparision to Ragnarok Online

Everytime RO was compared to ToS, people kept screaming and saying that ToS is not like Ragnarok and should not be compared to Ragnarok because it was its own game.

I pretty much agree with this post, Tree of Savior’s potential is there.

One concerning thing is that 5 people to a party is just not enough, especially since chronomancer buffs only affect party members.

Also, I’m in the video you posted.

4 Likes

Yes there could be some changes made, I’m hoping they will change this set up for the upcoming GvG battle. Also nice dude, I didn’t get to play on GG-RO because I playing other games, but it died fast so no regret .xD

If ToS is not like ToS then what ToS is?
https://oldimpactpanda.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/confused-gif.gif

4 Likes

ahahah my bad T.T thanks for the save.

Yeah, I didn’t really play there. Just hopped on some SPP chem 'cuz someone asked.

If “party buffs” become “guild buffs” then I think we’d be pretty well-off. This game’s GvG mode has an interesting design.

Regarding FPS drop, hkkim himself made a post about it. So there’s some hope:

Yes hope, Im also hoping it wont be like 35 v 35, too much of a cluster ■■■■ for a game like ToS, I think optimally it should be 15-20 v 15-20 so we have to pick and choose our classes carefully, theres so many classes in ToS that has the potential to be great in a GvG scenario.

I believe they will fix it, but not like in weeks as people want and keep complaining, in a year or so and this game will be awesome :smiley:

I agree with your numbers.

RO has a lot of balls-to-the-walls design. Pretty much everything in that game is fundamentally overpowered. Land Protector stops all ground target AoE, pneuma stops all range, full strip strips all gear, dispel removes all buff/debuff, etc. Spike damage and spike healing are the name of the game. It leads to the game being extremely fast paced.

We don’t see this type of design to the same extent in Tree of Savior yet, but skills like Sterea and Counterspell excite me. The problem is of course that some of the more powerful skills in ToS have extremely long cooldowns, even with pass and laima up…

I’m very excited to see what rank8+ classes bring us. I almost did not play this game because of weird limitations they put on classes, but when rank 7 came out, suddenly Pass existed. If they keep going in that direction, the game will really be something.

Nice post, thats all.
SomeCharactersHereHello!

I agree, In ToS guild battles will be much more slow paced, I pretty sure ground control with frost cloud/Carnivory will be a thing, counter spell is like the equivalent of DLP/OLP not to mention skills like Sterea Trofh. Cool downs will matter in ToS, guilds will have to manage their cool downs in a way so they don’t have an opening and be very cautious before pushing up on them.

Its gonna be different and interesting, which is basically why we are here xD other wise we’d still be playing RO. :stuck_out_tongue:

The feeling I get when I think about organized PvP is like a modern GvG game like GW2 but with RO elements mixed in. So hyped even though I know its gonna be ages til they release that.

Yes, this is what people needs to understand, the Meta in RO didn’t develop for a very very long time, it was mostly just everyone rushing.

Thanks!

havesomecharactersback! :o

1 Like

I think the biggest thing that will determine the success of ToS will be if IMC can finally address the dreaded “optimization” as our slideshow versions of GvG/WB pale in comparison to any expectations RO may have created.

2 Likes

You people at least have slide show, mine is static and freeze lol.

Besides the style, this game have more common elements to Granado Espada than RO. Well, this should be normal considering that GE was Kim Hakkyu’s dream game.

Gotta believeeeeeeeeeeeeee, RO had some pretty bad optimization during the beginning of its days, WoE was unplayable competitively as if they didnt want to lag they had to turn of ALL effects (Meaning you couldn’t see AoE’s) but that meant not knowing what skills was flying about. It only became viable as a competitive PvP game when RCX or custom modification to the effects files was available.

never played GE, heard it was pretty bad tho xD

I really think it’s fine to compare games people do it all the time and it’s not a problem however you shouldn’t compare something and aspect it to change the game your are playing. It would be like me comparing Tree of Savior to Ragnarok Online and saying well Tree of Savior has this how come Ragnarok doesn’t.

All games have it’s own methods of and systems which make the games so much different then other games even when the games it self are squeals and while you can compare it to a game in the past it doesn’t always mean the future game will be the same or share the same ideas and systems such as Ragnarok Online and Ragnarok Online 2.

You also need to let a game grow as over time it will change with feedback Guild Wars 2 has even changed a lot over the years due to such feedback from the players which isn’t bad but you shouldn’t aspect things to change right away.

This game also has a lot of Granado Espada into it.