Tree of Savior Forum

Poor optimization will make us quit

hope my solution can help ur guys , gd luck

Give optimization! Please!

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie any comment on the matter of bad performance? Is this something u guys gave up on?

1 Like

It’s running so much better now, most of the time it’s locked on 60fps, in cities it drops sometimes but nothing game breaking like it was before

that comment doesn’t help with anything and has nothing to do wit this. so what do we do now, buy a 980ti to play tree of savior?

this game runs like crap.

1 Like

Just so you guys know, hkkim himself made a post about this.

This is one of the few issues with the game that can understandingly take awhile to resolve. While the insane level of poor performance baffles me to begin with, unwinding it may be a lot of work.

I’d like to add that going to user.xml and change colour from 32 to 16 bit helps alot with fps performance aswell.

Personally gained 20~fps

The game is running better now since they add those new graphical options and the changes we can do in the user.xml. (thanks to the community)
But still I havent seen any optimization at all.
Even with those changes the game still runs like ■■■■ in dungeons and in very populated areas, plus it looks ugly.
Such a shame :frowning:

I quitted already, It’s been a while.

I’m not stupid IMC, sorry.

TRASH GAME.

An i7 2600k with a 960 and 8gb of ram can’t handle town? I’m sitting here on an i5-2500 with a gtx 560 and have 40 fps in town, maybe you need to close your browser tabs and do a defrag once in a while.

Please fix this IMC. It’s worth the time and effort.

Guys. Any guides how to optimize game performance don’t help at all. This $*it should’t be so heavy for my PC, overwatch with much better graphics works absolutely better on high graphics, but ths TOS works awful on low. WHAT A HELL? How this isometric 2d game could be so overloading? Tons of my friends have left this game because of lags on powerful PCs, because of glitches every 3 seconds. Nobody will play this game and I’m thinking of quit it too.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Fedimian server 1 i get around 10~20 fps with bitperpixel =16 and everything else maxed out.
Tell me whats your miracle, because i have tried everything.
Anyway my computer isnt the problem, the real problem is with my gfs notebook witch isnt really strong but should handle the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know, depending how the game is programmed and which engine they’re using and so forth, a fix to your FPS issues may be impossible.

It’s likely not that they don’t care or that they haven’t looked into the issue, it’s much more like that either:

a) They have looked into it and discovered it is impossible to fix without recoding the game and/or engine from the ground up, which could take years and money they don’t have.

or, and probably the more likely,

b) They are looking into the issue and simply cannot decipher why people are having FPS issues.

or of course some sort of combination of the two.

Worth noting:

• I do not have any FPS issues whatsoever except when my area map is opened and I lose or gain a buff, which tends to freeze the game for about 2-5 seconds. As frustrating as it is I can work around it.

• This game actually pulls a lot of data from the drive that it is saved on, more than most MMOs. That being said, one of the most important pieces of hardware you could invest in for this game would be a solid state drive. For people interested, I would recommend a ‘Crucial MX200’ brand SSD, either 250 or 500gb.

Disclaimer:

I have no bias for or against IMC. I do enjoy the game and though I do not have FPS issues I think it sucks for those of you that do. I also realize most of you don’t want to spend $100-200 on an SSD that may or may not help with your performance issues. Please don’t hate me.

1 Like

Pretty likely you have not participated in World Boss fights with 20+ players or any other large scale activity in the game yet if that’s the case.

Dungeons and general questing are fine, the other stuff is not. I don’t know anyone who gets above 15fps in world bosses with 3+ groups fighting it.

If you do actually get 30+ fps in world boss fights with a lot of people I’d really like to see a video of that to see how the game is meant to look.

1 Like

I’ve done plenty of world bosses, Dullahan, Cerberus, etc. with 30-50+ players on the screen. I suppose there is likely an FPS drop in those situations but not one that has even been noticeable or impeded my gameplay (staying at 30+ I’m sure).

Oh! Though I do recall getting some FPS issues during a 3-way GvG battle on the Sventimas Exile map. It was fine (45+) until all 3 guilds were simultaneously spawning and spawn camping the same entrance and there were probably 40 people or so AoEing the same spot.

I believe it probably spiked down to 5-10 at points during those shenanigans. So I suppose I can’t exactly claim to never have had FPS issues but I honestly assure you that’s the only situation I can remember where I had such problems.

Interesting, you’re literally the first person I’ve found who hasn’t had the significant FPS issues in those situations. Everyone from my guild has had really bad FPS and a lot of them have top of the line PCs with 30ms ping to the SEA server.

Wonder how yours is so different an experience…

Could you take a video of one of those so I could take a look at larger scale boss fight with good FPS? Can just use F12 in game to record.

Sure but I’ll have to PM it to you in a day or two when I get a chance to record it. Also, worth noting, I might not be able to get more than 20 people on the screen any more. I’m on Orsha server and even Dullahan, usually the most crowded boss, only tends to have 2-4 groups killing him nowadays.

Alternatively I could send you a link to a private stream and just run around the cities or something lol.