Tree of Savior Forum

Darkness Approaches [Steam Reviews]

Steam review isn’t a real good source of how a game is doing. All reviews are like that you have to take it with a grain of salt. If 100 people say its bad sure I can be bad. If 100 people say the company managing the game is bad, doesn’t technically mean the game itself is bad.

I mean there have been TONS of people who will down talk a game and call it trash but will still play it on launch date. This has been proven time and time again. It’s really hard to judge a person review if they will just constant put down a game and complain about everything but will keep playing the game.

That mean there is some side to it you enjoy? That or the person is just a closet masochist, who enjoys playing things they hate. I mean steam let you publicly see how often people play a game and if people give it a terrible review but still continue playing it I would have 2nd thoughts on that review.

Most of the review I see on steam now for TOS seems to just be rage posting. Not to mention the price change which introduce even more rage posting.

Steam reviews are for comedy and anyone who is searching for a proper analysis of a game should know that.

Comments like this are as bad as the ones on Steam. The damn auction house and dungeon instance servers didn’t even work properly for more than a couple hours a day in iCBT2. I’m sure you can find the old topics somewhere on the forums. So yes, I can actually blame IMC for not investing in proper servers.

I guess I can’t blame them for faulty coding either to allow exploits for auto attacks hitting the whole screen or people instantly leveling 1 to 200? Or like them making everything client side to allow simple hacks to easily work.

So because bots exist that’s okay to just ignore them for 8 months and put in a bad system that helps RMT and pisses off players while also making yourself more money. Then sit there and wonder why people have negative opinions about everything. And when I do flip the switch within a week people should all change their opinion instantly.

To say I haven’t played MMO or anything is the real stupid thing because I’ve been here since iCBT1 and why I’m taking time to sit here explaining why most real people are being negative not positive. But everything is fine though right? I’m sure if IMC did nothing the game would be great using flower power since bots are everywhere and normal! :smirk:

And that’s why they have a voting system to try and help filter out bad reviews. This game is very niche to begin with for most new people not being very friendly due to a complete lack of information or it being scrambled across multiple sources.

2 things you didn’t mention at all in your whining before, that are actually legitimate points.

You clearly have highly limited programming experience. I’m not even going to bother with this one.

What system would that be that helps RMT?

With that dribble you keep spewing out onto your keyboard, it was a logical assumption to make.

It’s posts like these make me decided to change my review to negative again, for the sake of being a scum.

In order to have more understandable feedback the company themselves need to present a sort of Mission Statement or Grand Vision of Tree of Savior.

Is it a grindfest Korean cutsee Diablo mmo? (Why so many linear quests then?)
Is it an end game raid kind of game like WoW? (Why such heavy limitations to instances then?)
GvG or PvP their aim? (Poorly optimized and position lag ruins this, especially with poor collision response)

Currently Tree of Savior is just the video game version of a ■■■■ in space probing around trying to figure itself out. It doesn’t excel at anything besides being nostalgic and cutesy and the typical overly sexualized anime theme. It’s hard to take serious, because the developers themselves have shown so little serious attention to detail.

More on topic, your review seems pretty accurate, and although there are some bogus negative reviewers/reviews on Steam, there are most likely just near as many positive reviews with no merit. Overall their Steam rating is an accurate reflection of their current state,Mixed, more accurately not quite positive or negative. “Meh” [quote=“Sixaxis, post:1, topic:211961, full:true”]
Now while I’ll be one of the first to say that this game certainly needs improvements in the most basic areas (Client optimization, Character customization, 180° head rotations) I’ll be one of the last to say that the game isn’t an enjoyable experience. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, many others don’t think the same: https://steamdb.info/app/372000/

^That’s our current Steam rating, which is 59% (Mixed). You might be thinking: “Well, the game does have problems, so 59% is fair until the important issues are fixed. People will still try the game out.” which I won’t agree or disagree with, but the bigger issue here isn’t where the rating is currently standing-- it’s where the rating is potentially headed.

This is the Steam rating percentages:
95 - 99% : Overhwelmingly Positive
94 - 80% : Very Positive
70 - 79% : Mostly Positive
40 - 69% : Mixed
20? - 39% : Mostly Negative
0 - 19% : Very/Overwhelmingly Negative

So at the moment, we’re 20% ahead of hitting the Mostly Negative zone, which is very hard to recover from. The decline hasn’t been a +/- thing, but a pretty much straight downwards spiral. What makes it even worse are the reasons in the Negative Reviews, which range from ‘Understandable reasons + not understandable reasons just to add onto the negativity’ to downright ridiculous such as: http://store.steampowered.com/app/372000/#app_reviews_hash

1. “No regional pricing” (Which is an understandable frustration, but doesn’t count as a review)
  2. “Game isn’t free yet”
  3. “P2W/Greedy”
  4. “Bots.” (After 2 banwaves of Bots)
    And my all-time favorite:
  5. “No WoE”

The point of this post, is that something needs to be done on both sides. IMC already started their part with the announcement of re-working the 1:1 Trade for non-Token users, optimization improvements, Botter/Exploiter banwaves, and pushing the release date for F2P back a bit so they have more time to improve these things:

Trading restrictions rework:

Optimization:

Banwaves:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/news/annoucements

The other part, is for these people making the negative reviews (And for anyone who was thinking of making one). If you disliked more things in the game than you enjoyed, then that’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with expressing that-- as long as it’s reasonable. If you make a negative review yet still play the game, then at least take 3 minutes out of your time to correct the negative review after they fix the things you were complaining about. The ones who aren’t happy are always louder than the ones who are.

Hopefully the actual relevant issues are fixed before the game opens to F2P, and that’s a big hopefully, because these reviews (Both legitimate ones and nonsense ones) play a big role in whether we’ll sink or swim.
[/quote]

2 Likes

You come here to try and bash me acting dumb then gripe in other threads about tokens? Everything they’ve done with no trading and the auction house in general with auto price fixing I.E - Digele is horrible. It’s only helped sway more stupid people to buy silver and frustrated everyone else.

Please give me a link to those threads. I’m clearly going all over the place bashing tokens for being too good, right?

Or are you just massively exaggerating AS USUAL and referring to ONE COMMENT I made in single thread about how the future potential buff of tokens might be too good? You wouldn’t do that though, right? That’d be just downright stupid and childish.

I think the problem is people writing reviews don’t want to rope people that don’t fit ToS’s audience in. They don’t want to get down voted by angry vanilla players that got mad cause the Gorgon one shot them, or that they ran into the Sadhu bug. ToS is crack cocaine if you’re the right type of gamer but it’s doesn’t hit a wide audience. The people doing the voting are the joe shmoes… They aren’t the little cult playing this game. We did our voting back when the game first released and we voted it above 90%. The little cult this game is going to run on is what maters.

You want legit reviews at the top? Vote up the reviews that talk about why they’ve been playing the game for 200 hours already but with warnings… The game is what a lot of people want but it’s got to be the right people. There are more cultist waiting to join. We’re like the Big Lebowski you either really like it or you don’t. Doesn’t make us bad… Makes us better if you ask me. Means we’re serving a niche that needs serving.

Have you read a lot of the reviews? IMC is literally getting direct physical threats from players. It is absurd. [quote=“Raspy, post:44, topic:211961”]
You want legit reviews at the top? Vote up the reviews that talk about why they’ve been playing the game for 200 hours already but with warnings…
[/quote]

I have been doing just that. I think steam should automatically remove reviews with a thumbs down that receive over 100 more hours of playtime after the review. That’s just absurd. I’m not saying they should have to change it to a thumbs up, but you shouldn’t be able to thumbs down a game and then play it obsessively. 95% of the time that just means you’re being bitter about something.

How is being bitter but still engaging it contradictory in anyway? There are shades of gray, this isn’t love it or leave it America (I’m a Chinese-Mexican American in California, cultured as any may come to this lovely land). A blanket policy of not properly giving credit where credit is due (negatively as well) and then being forced because there are other redeeming qualities (or in many cases people trying to "get their money’s worth) to give a positive review is narrow minded. It’s not all white and black

From what I have gathered on the negative reviews

1. IMC announcing the founder access after they announced the OBT
  2. Lags
  3. Bugs
  4. Technical issues (fps drops, game crashes, etc)
  5. Clunky controls
  6. Low spawn rates
  7. Commanderloadfail
  8. Bots, RMTs
  9. Exploits and/or hacks
  10. The many many restrictions placed on this game
  11. Class build not flexible/no resets/horrendous scaling
  12. Lack of character customization
  13. Boring story, boring boss fights, boring quests
  14. Linear game play, maps
  15. Inane token benefits
  16. Regional pricing
  17. IMC’s lack of/ignoring/slow response to players’ feedback

I am sure there are more, and yes I know a few of them’s already fixed, but it is just not enough to bring this game out of the “mixed” reviews.

Only time can tell if this game will succeed or fall. :slight_smile: Step up your game IMC!

Oh my goodness! Heavens no, these are just over exaggerations about the game. Back in my days of FFXI people grinded for years to get things and it was awesome competing with RMT for named monsters! We need more of this stuff and I couldn’t understand why anyone would review the game negatively in any way because IMC has done an outstanding job.

It’s all these spoiled meme spewing millennials fault that want everything given to them. They have no idea what a true grind is or bad customer service where you waited in queue for a GM to tell you sorry they can’t help you. Anyone whose spent $100 expecting some server upgrades then wrote a negative review should just be banned! :joy:

1 Like

Still waiting on those links, or are you just a spoiled little millennial that exaggerates and makes things up to try and prove a point and seem smarter than they are?

http://i.imgur.com/wb2dPre.png

I don’t even know what links you’re talking about but you sure do seem to be pretty mad so here is one.

Since you conveniently forgot very quickly after you got called out for making up things.

This is like a failed attempt to drag me into some pseudo arguement over tokens after being called out. You knew damn well what was wrong with the AH/trade system before asking me. There’s no debate or anything to be had with you because all you’ve done is come in here attacking and trying to discredit everything I’ve said.

It personally makes me feel better that at least I get upset over legit things like server instability and bots where you get talty over being called out on a bluff. :point_right::ok_hand:

No, it’s like you keep dodging the subject because you were making things up to try and prove an argument. You know damn well what you’re doing, kid. No need to be all salty; just fess up.

If they will return regional price for token (+ I’m absolutely ok if it will be untradable or ewen auto-activating on account) I will change my negative review (which I wrote after unannounced price rise) to positive. Simple as that.
Wrote more here:

1 Like

MMO reviews usually don’t mean anything because players are so salty and they say they hate the game for the stupidest reasons. Just look at the negative reviews with 100+ hours played. Some even have thousands of hours yet left a negative review. If you truly hate a game, how can you endure for so long? I would’ve quit within a few hours. If you’ve spend over dozens of hours. you liked it, even if you’ve quit for some reasons. If you put world of warraft on steam, it would be mostly negative to mixed even though it’s the most successful and popular mmo of all times. People just hate because they are haters.