Tree of Savior Forum

Community Review the Week of 5/10/2016 - "F2P...is only the beginning": SA Server Issues, World Boss Control, Circle Resets, Optimization, Mob Spawn Rates, Swordsman Woes

A highly discussed topic is still a highly discussed topic. Doesn’t matter if more people are against than are for it. Even minorities get a voice, this ain’t a dictatorship.

I know you’re angry that I’m madly sociable and over-qualified for this role, but let’s keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

Haha, yeah sure. I’ll leave you to your delusions, have fun.

2 Likes

Erhm…community representative should first communicate with the company (in our case with IMC) and never ever nominate or select himself. Not to mention that it should be picked by the company if they think that they need one.

However IMC is on a clear path with a clear message toward the community. Just look how they get rid of CM Julie here…

Now look at my previous topic which was answered by a staff member.

The answer I got was only a polite “ok - ok, you put some work into it, here is a bone”.

Because IMC itself doesn’t really want that part, that means we wont have somebody like “community represantitive” in our community.

While I’m amazed by your work, your post is nothing but an opinion summarizing all the “popular” topics.

So what do you think? If Julie is gone, why should IMC bother with anything? I mean it. Julie was ok, since she had infos from the other side (at least more than us), but if a regular forum member takes this role…it’s nothing.

2 Likes

Well, communicating with IMC these days seems to be like trying to contact alien life.

I definitely support it but the chances seem small!

Give zipzo the job

And fix swordman. Thanks

1 Like

Hi, Zipzo. First off, I’m sorry for my english. It’s not my first tongue. :frowning:

Let’s get started, I’ll not put in place any argumental fallacy here. I find your thread quite useful to sum up almost every hot concern, specially with so many garbage threads and repeated subjects around. As for the points you listed, my OPINION™:

1. Thankfully the improvements over the SA servers are on the works, apparently. As tonight the staff started to make some tweaks on the server to improve its stability. It’s been working kinda nice, except for that server-side delay. For example: 20 trying to speak to certain NPCs, completing collections, receiving rewards or repairing items. Teleporting. At some points, all channels got closed.

1. The world bosses remind me of the MvP in RO. However, it happened ot me in a private server, a large one btw, which was AtlantisRO (hispanic). Some guilds monopolized certain MvPs and claimed all the kills. As they did so, they became stronger because of the items they got. So the issue worsened.

-If they want to keep this model, so be it. It’s awfully unfair for a lot of people. Let’s remember the gaming crowd is not the same one than the one 12 years ago.

-Suggestion: Either drops for everybody or implement a token system. Kinda like either FFXIV or BnS or both combined. You dealt enough damage to take 1% of the boss’ HP away? grats! Have a token.

However, you need X of these for the recipe/item you want. The more damage you do, the more tokens you get. However, this might be an issue for full support classes. They dealt with his in XIV because healers can generate aggro and it was a shared effort (party contribution).

1. As far as I know, when it comes to optimization, they were working on a 64 bit version of the client. I’m having some hardcore stuttering and FPS loss where I shouldn’t. My PC is and high-end build and I was surprised how this felt worse than Batman: Arkham Knight.

Here’s Kim talking about this, roughly 20 days ago:

1. Swordman issues: I’m 100% affected by this, since I always have been a “swordy”-based player. So many variations and you end up being a tank with no dedicated/competitive DPS, at least PvE wise. I can’t talk about PvP because I don’t care about it.

Sure, people can post videos of ONE SINGLE LONELY KOREAN player doing an amazing job as Swordy, but lots of players are still getting issues with it. Still looking forward for some feedback in regards of this subject.

In the meantime, IMC remains silent about this subject, while the Koreans are actually doing something about it, addressed certain issues with Barbarian/Rodelero and they possibly have some changes on mind for the future of the game. No idea why things move so slowly here. <- Speaking out of ignorance, I really don’t know.

1. The idea of the Circle Resets is like opening a can of worms. It was debated long enough, but we’ll see what the F2P players think in the future. Their feedback will be more than welcome. Since they are going to possibly become the majority (omg, have you seen how the channels got FILLED with LOTS of people when F2P was launched? lmao).

Hopefully IMC gives a straight answer about this.

I lol’d so hard at this. Are you politician or something? You have a golden tongue for speeches and stuff like that, imo.

1 Like

I’m just saying that they don’t want to contact us and etc. Honestly, whatever I see, they are just ignorant and don’t care. Sometimes they show up saying that “yeah, we care…” but on the honest side…they don’t.

I mean that I see that you want this game to be good, you want to help out the community just as much everyone who cares about the game. I wouldn’t say anything else, cause I see that you are not just praising the game, but also bashing where you should but let’s face the fact:

We are not needed.

Look how many Staff posts are on the forum and how much they change in patch notes. We can cry till we are out of tears but that wont change anything.

Yes, we need a CM, but neither you, neither me, neither any of us could do the job.

Simple as that… For a CM you need a company and you need detailed information about everything so you can actually say something and you can form the information into something which can be handled by the community.

Like people ask you that if you guys are having plans for swordmans?

Of course you know that there are some work is going on that place. No exact details , but you know that it will got buffed here and there and blabla…

However you can’t say that as a CM , cause these things can change and you just can’t spread false information, but you can say: “Well, I can’t share any details yet, but we do have plans with that class on the next patch!”

This is what a CM or representative should do. This topic is well developed, but not needed. Everyone can search for these topics and see much more out there. I see your work in it, but this is not the thing the community needs.

I don’t mean to discourage you, just saying the truth. This of course doesn’t mean that you worked for nothing. It’s good for us to see the actual hot topics.

2 Likes

Okay I stopped reading the whole post after this line.

No.

2 Likes

You missed out! It was better than Batman VS Superman!

only SA server issue ? WTF
all server is lag/issue

1 Like

where 's the magic class need nerf ? where 's stone skin nerf ? :frowning:

All around good write up.

Being unbiased is rather difficult at times but it’s good to see someone making an effort and being mature regardless whether myself or others agree with what you “personally” might want from devs.

Just saying, appreciate the efforts.

So you could make ToS great again? :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m starting to like OP
At least the general idea is good, that is summarizing the main issues and trying to get the message across to IMC.
Now of course the content is and will always be debatable but at least it’s something.

Where is SEA Server problem?

i see this as a try of OP to give his opinion more weight than it actually has.
And tbh most of these problems are so obvious, no need to recap.
Other things like circle reset are NOT demanded by the community. everyone who followed the discussion can see that it is a bunch of very vocal guys who just ■■■■■■ up their build and don’t want their 200h playtime wasted. But the majority likes it as it is now.

So PLEASE stop trying to represent the community when it is just your own personal opinion you are trying to get across.

1 Like

I have to defend him here. All he did was summarize other topics. These are neither of his personal ones. He picked them, but these are absolutly not his opnions.

Btw, I would be really interested in an ingame survey about circle reset. So let’s say, if the majority would agree…that would mean you agree too, right?

1 Like

New to game? Hi? Just started reading the forum?

Go to check out what Cathexis said at the current stage of swordsman status in PvP.

Community Rep? You “elected” “yourself”? Lol just because of this I won’t even bother reading. Just because you want attention doesn’t mean you must go through these lengths. The idea itself is alright but the way you’re going on about it is wrong not to mention that it’s IMC’s choice to elect one, not yours, nor the community’s. It doesn’t matter where or from whom this comes from so long as IMC won’t recognize its value. So point is it’s all worthless and a complete loss of time until it is OFFICIAL.

Also if you want to be our rep. Give us your complete CV/Resume. I don’t want a teenager or a jobless/degreeless person to represent the community.

1 Like

Hello. First time seeing you here, welcome.