Tree of Savior Forum

UPDATED FPS Improvements; Staff replied

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

You mean that the server should have chat options like “block” and “disable shouts” or “disable chat” saved in the database, and before sending out char data packets to the player the server should perform a true/false check if the player actually wants to recieve said data?
My guess is that checking a single true/false value for each player in range before sending the message is less work and saves tons of traffic than sending a 40+ character string to all players regardless whether they want the messages or not.
-> less network traffic and less work to do for the server

1 Like

Any option is likely better than we have at the moment lol And your idea is a good one. I think what I would do, server side, is have a list. Every player is on the “Shout” list by default, but when a player ticks the option to disable shout what they actually do is send an update to the server saying to remove their name from that list. When they enable shouts again they actually send an update to the server to be put back on the list.

Right now when we get a shout the server has to send the packets to every client online so sending only to a list sounds like it would take another step but it would actually take a little load off the server instead and the client wouldn’t receive the packets that way.

But I think it’s great that we can come up with possible solutions to help. If we can get enough attention maybe IMC will even pick up one of the ideas so the more the merrier.

I’ve seen Staff tagged in recent messages about silly little things though and they jump in the thread without hesitation and leave a reply. Bring up something important and they intentionally go silent. I’m hoping we can make it so they realize that if they choose to reply to any threads at all then it should be for real issues instead of spending their time in the forums replying to threads about one single person having trouble with a certain quest or an item not giving the full attack it should etc. We have a game full of past exploiters, current hackers, everyone and their mom being affected by FPS issues in GvGs and world bosses, and bugs and exploits that are still going on (Thaum transpose exploit, CC bugs in TBL/GvG via Snow Rolling and other skills, GvGs and TBL being crashed intentionally and accidentally, etc etc). These are the messages that demand attention. These are the messages that need replies. Not a Staff reply to an individual because that person misread an event or whatever.

I love the game a lot but the fps issues have stopped most of my game time.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be so bad if they’d only just communicate. If IMC were to stop what they’re doing long enough to say “Hey, this is what we’re doing, we promise it’s in the works, looks like 2 months away about!” we’d all be happy enough to deal with the FPS issues.

2 Likes

Still no word from any Staff at all in 5 days despite the several tags, likes, and replies all while keeping it on or toward the first page. Let’s take a look at what player posts that Staff members did reply to recently though as of the time of this message.

@STAFF_Amy: 300 Battle League points award Missing! 16 hours ago; Last Login: 8 hours ago

@STAFF_Ethan: Quest prizes not there? July 26th; Last Login: 11 hours ago

@STAFF_Ines : Login issues anyone else? July 9th; Last Login: 12 hours ago

@STAFF_Max: Lost Quarrel shooter 3 costume 15 hours ago; Last Login: 14 hours ago

@STAFF_John: ‘The First Fan Art Fest’ begins! 2 days ago; Last Login: 18 hours ago

Another notable reply from John from 3 days ago:

While I do love a good potato joke (and attached image of the spud in reference)… it does make me wonder why big-ticket issues like FPS concerns are left in silence.

Going on.

@GM_Sebastian: Hoglan Voucher Unredeemable 7 hours ago; Last Login: 24 minutes ago

@GM_Francis: Telsial Bot report at Downtown 14 hours ago; Last Login: 8 hours ago

@hkkim: I Love Tree of Savior; I Am Leaving Tree of Savior May 25; Last Login: July 31

Notably though the last time hkkim spoke about our FPS issues was: ! Please optimize the game, please it’s urgent! Apr 22.

How do my fellow saviors feel about the frequency and quality of our Staff/GM replies while bigger issues are ignored?

9 Likes

I have a simple question and it demands a simple answer (i believe):
Why does IMC treat this game as if they don’t care about it?

i played around 800 hours of ToS in the past 3 and a half months. what do i feel about the quality of staff in IMC? i feel horrible and pessimistic about the future of the game. Also, i feel depressed about the huge drop in player base.

And again, ill just ask a simple question: Why IMC? Why do you let this happen? do you enjoy watching a game die? its not like anyone will ever waste money in the cash shop when a game is so unstable, low populated and underdeveloped… so why? why?

3 Likes

I think they care about its future, for sure, but they don’t communicate it correctly.

To quote the Wizard of Oz:

“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!”

I feel it is IMC’s idea is to instead shift our attention toward other things while they pretend in silence that the concerns of a community are not substantial enough to warrant attention.

But you’re right. It certainly comes off as though they don’t care about its future. Or, at least, that they do not care about the players. It took @hkkim one day to come up with an acceptable, and lengthy, post to the concerns raised in the “I Love Tree of Savior; I Am Leaving Tree of Savior” post. One single day. Meanwhile he has not said one word about FPS issues since April, over a quarter of a year ago. I am not suggesting we all need or deserve immediate replies but one would assume that after raising a valid concern, and having it shared by many other players, that even a brief reply from any member of IMC that is tagged would help communicate to the players that their voices are heard.

2 Likes

Just for reference, Rust did something like this.

It took a year.

Fortunately people were happy to continuing playing that game in droves because the gameplay makes itself due to the game being a sandbox. The playerbase was too hugely affected, it took a significant dip but kept a very solid base.

1 Like

We’re currently working on the problem of FPS decrease.
it’s an issue we’re testing internally.
We expect our frame improvements to produce positive results concerning this issue, and we will apply them as soon as the testing process is finished.
Please wait for us. We are aware and currently working on them.
Thanks.

50 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You need to comprehend how important it is the FPS issue in this game and MMO’s in general. The first thing people check/notice when playing these kind of games is the performance. This is a problem that’s been dragged since 2015 and you simply put bandaids to it.
There’s no point going TBL or GvG when the first wall you or your group face, is the FPS drop, where the guy(s) with the most expensive computer wins.
On top of that, add the swordsman class, which requires, movility (dash), skills (hitbox),manual dodge and a bad skill formula to the entire tree which makes a horrible combination for PvP in general.

Population drop will speak itself nonetheless.

7 Likes

Thank you Amy for taking the time to make a reply. What kind of improvements are you testing? What kind of results are you at right now versus the expected results that you will be comfortable with releasing in an update? What is the time frame we are looking at?

In short it has been over 3 months since hkkim made a similar statement, that FPS was an issue that was being worked on, and you help confirm this now but with little more information provided on the matter and how it will be addressed.

3 Likes

Meanwhile IMC still won’t fix my weapon that disappeared due to a golden anvil bug Upgraded my item using golden anvil and it disappeared
@STAFF_Amy

4 Likes

Giving timescales to communities is universally a dangerous thing and are generally dodged until they can be completely certain of it themselves.

When nobody is willing to give a timescale it is a safe assumption that they simply don’t know internally themselves at this point in time. They might have some hopes and dreams, but there are a lot of surprises that can and almost always knock back timescales in dev.

Everything else however would be nice to hear, but I think it’s an unreasonable expectation to get a timescale if they don’t know themselves, and the only companies that ever admit to not knowing something are indie developers.

I can guarantee that when they know, we’ll know, because they want to be able to tell us that kind of information, but can’t. If they gave this community a timescale and then failed to deliver it would be a far bigger drama storm than ignoring the question, if they admit to not having a timescale then people ignorant of development realities will take it as evidence of incompetence. It’s just a lose-lose situation for them with the less impactful evil being to stay quiet.

Again though, talking about certain technical aspects would be nice, my assumption however is that in order to talk about the technical they need someone working on the technical to take time away from working on it to make sure the PR staff aren’t saying incorrect things and get the details correct. Often those staff in development teams are somewhat unwilling to do that compared to continuing to work on the problem.

But they should take the time to address the details of what they’re working on. It brings fevers down a few notches for a significant amount of time and relieves people’s worries knowing what is actually happening. It’s worth weeks of further quiet on the issue.

5 Likes

When one of your items in game does not perform as it should and it costs the player something that they invested their time and money in order to achieve, the staff should assist rather than saying sometimes it happens even if the result was unintended. Is this incorrect @STAFF_Amy

goodluck, i hope your team are aware of the current stats of the game.

http://steamcharts.com/app/372000

1 Like

In this case people with expensive computer still get crappy fps, so tos is not p2w?

2 Likes

Players have returned is that a joke?

I can’t imagine what kind of pc you guys are trying to run ToS on.

I got a 400usd cpu, from 4 years ago. Yet TBL runs without any heavy fps drop like World Bosses.

1 Like