Tree of Savior Forum

Neutrality is a griefing tool

3 guilds, all at max, is 105 people. The server will crash, burn, and form a singularity if you try to go more “massive”.

I was hoping they’d implement neutrality the same time they bring in the Guild battles system in Ktos…

https://fanoftreeofsavior.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/tree-of-savior-preview-guild-vs-guild-cross-server-mode/

neutral guilds shouldn’t be able to build towers.

In a massively multiplayer game, 100 isn’t enough, so they could at least say the limit is temporary while they work on performance improvements. That’s assuming performance is the reason, which is possible but only our speculation.

100 isn’t enough? Really? X_x Have you tried how “Enjoyable” such a fight is with that many people?

It was quite a rough slideshow but still enough fun to be worth joining. hkkim himself said they’re working on improving it, which will probably take a long time, but it’s something IMC wants to do.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

16 Likes

They declared war on every tower they saw and players in that guild were camping and killing random people who were in queue / lower level queue.

1. You’re going to make an r7 swordsman and spend how much just to put down a guild tower that can only be placed in channel 1. If they were really blocking NPCs we can just report it or just move to another channel.

2. This is basically feeding the trolls, if you really want to war with another guild because they piss you off then ask for a formal war “oh wait even formal wars before were just a disguise to hunt people in queues and grind spots”. If they decline then just don’t bother with them.

3. If your tower is up and is not in neutrality that means that you can readily defend yourself from enemy attack. You also have the option to just swap to your own alt guild that is also in neutrality if this is really even a thing.

4. A player doesn’t need to know if the guild is already on their limit in war to trash talk there will always be trash talkers regardless of what you do.

5. We will have guild battle implemented soon you can have all the mass battles you want there. If we say that all 6 guilds (say a mass war is going on) and all of them have 35 members, do you really think everyone is going to fit in a single channel? The way TOS is at the moment its not built for those kinds of events.

Half of the points you wanted to address are pointed towards those who want to be as.sholes and be immune to any kind of “punishment”. So what if I don’t join a guild? is it still the fault of neutrality because I can be an as.shat all day and not be retaliated.

War is pointless at the moment other than for the arranged ones simply for both the guilds enjoyment. Not every guild is going to set their towers to neutral so if you want to wage war ask it formally with another guild who also wants it.

7 Likes

Come on, we all loved how GvG and WoE works in RO, can’t we just implant that here haha.

Indeed, that has nothing to do with neutrality, and it’s another issue entirely. Probably introduced for performance reasons.

Anyway, neutrality is a good addition to the game. Who wants to fight can have their squabbles, and people that don’t want to partake on it can stay peaceful and retain their guild.
Guilds were never supposed to be a PvP only thing, anyway. I can’t see why someone would think so.

2 Likes

Totally agree with what you’re saying here. I’m really disappointed with this action, it pretty much makes the whole GvG system worthless.

Without any real means to GvG, no battlegrounds, and no instanced GvG implemented yet, I don’t really have much motivation to keep lvling. Might as well take a break until they implement it.

Your point about guilds pissing people off and hiding behind neutrality is 100% true. We’ve been building up to war a guild like this, as a proper means of retaliation, but it’s assured that they will just set neutral on, while continuing to piss people off in PvE.

There was nothing wrong with the tower system, as it didn’t really benefit a guild that much to leave their tower up. If you didn’t want war, it was easy to just not have a tower out.

This also, as you mentioned, removes the social PvP that exists in the game. There’s nothing social about queueing up for instanced PvP/GvG, the open world GvG was where that would happen. Now again, IMC is moving everything out of the open world and into instances, where social interaction is reserved to people complaining about how bad their team is.

Heck, a smaller group of guilds were bullied by two larger PvP guilds. And then they formed an alliance and fought them off, and we joined them too. Would we even have had a reason to talk or to come together if this hadn’t happened? People don’t understand that good things come from the difficulty of war too.

3 Likes

IMC has an arena type pvp system they didn’t bring over to the international version yet and they are also in the middle of making a type of WoE GvG system.

If you are a Templar you should be allowed to build a tower and have a hang out if you want to. Why do you care if other guilds that don’t want to go to war have a tower?

You can also do like what my guild I belong to is planning. We’re trying to organize arena type battles with another guild for practice and for fun without having to wrap up our other members that don’t want to participate or aren’t ready yet due to level difference.

You could also plan arenas or fighting contests among your own members of your guild and fight in the guild tower hall or wherever else.

This isn’t the end of pvp. It’s the end of people forcing others into pvp that do not wish to participate.

1 Like

@PrinceMark Re-read the OP, which answers most of your questions already. Guilds which don’t want to participate in PvP don’t have to leave towers out, and I already suggested a compromise safe zone for hangouts. I explained some methods of harassment in the OP.

Without neutrality, other guilds can remove the quest-obstructing tower right away. Reports won’t cut it; they’re too shorthanded to police existing issues like shops blocking the Orsha statue. Since you didn’t read the post and you’re asking invalid questions, I’m going to stop right here.

Then they should make the areas around queueing points count as towns to prevent this. Neutrality alone isn’t a complete solution to lowbie queue camping.

1. If a guild declines a formal war, there’s no cost with neutrality, so they’re going to go with the “you’re a griefing scumbag preying on weaklings” routine you can see from PrinceMark while they hide from all PvP. Attackable towers provide objectives to fight over and move things to the battlefield instead of empty insults. An example of this happened recently when certain people started making those kinds of accusations towards guilds they didn’t like, and the “weaklings” supposedly being “bullied” won on the battlefield while the accusers failed to support them and ran away. Nobody took them seriously after that.

2. Towers can be attacked in the middle of the night by surprise, so you’d need several times more members than are allowed in one guild to defend a tower all the time. This makes alt guild hit and run tactics easy, and the problem is when you show up and try to launch a counterattack, they’re already neutral by then.

3. The amount of trash talk and how serious it is depends on what happens in game. From ToS so far and other games, we’ve seen the situation improves when a game facilitates decisive battles.

4. We don’t know when the guild battle system will be in or its details. Some speculate it will only be 5v5. If they put guild battles in (or even arenas) before making these changes to guild wars, that would’ve been better than what we’re looking at now.

If you don’t join a guild, you lose out on the benefit of being in a guild, so there’s a cost to that tactic. Status symbols matter to most PvPers. As for formal requests for war or organizing arenas between guilds, the 3 war limit restricts that. It’s a really low number.

Yeah, this is the kind of solution they should encourage.

1 Like

They didn’t implemented it yet on Ktos, they pushed it back.

Agreed on all points.

IMC. Look.
Do you want your game to actually succeed?

Stop placing limitations on avenueus where players can have fun.
Protect the carebears for all I care and allow them to have a place to be safe.

But rewards for being a sucessful world PvP guild should be there.
The fun of being a world PvP guild hould not be limited.
Why even impliment a 3 war decleration limit?

There are no rewards to the current GvG.

They do plan to reward guilds that participate in GvG. Please take a look at the link I provided in my previous post.

PvP in this game is just bad players with psychokino, cataphract, scout because they can’t handle the possibility of an opponent being able to fight back.

Oh and killing people during loading screens for the same reason- also during dungeon queues.

Towers have so little hp that they break before a defender can even go through a loading screen. Tower breaking consists of leaving people at the spawn to grief would-be defenders while they’re loading.

Basically pvp doesn’t matter at all until they make psychokino raise and gravity pole not work on player characters and fix loading so I couldn’t care less.

they should do this:
neutral guild can not join the guild battle.

[pt]
Eles deveriam fazer isso:
Guildas neutras não podem participar de “Guild Battle”.
[/pt]

[offtopic]
Aceito sugestões de tradução…
[/offtopic]