Tree of Savior Forum

! Please optimize the game, please it's urgent!

What he is saying is just a band aid (i do hope so) so they can concentrate on other major things right now (unstable connection from client to server which cause high ping and random disconnections), but later on they can’t avoid to optimize the engine or it will be too much of a trouble.

@hkkim I do hope you guys will add support to x64, i mean, it will increase well the performance and make a better use of the memory.

Not only mouse but controller too, it is a mess right now.

As far as i remember you can change to fullscreen changing the user.xml file Resolution mode=“1” to Resolution mode=“0”. Unless they removed that now, on iCBT we could do that.

Maybe decreasing the amount of pieces when they die could help also, or changing the animation to something else.

That’s not optimization. DX11 or Riot.

2 Likes

You can go start the riot in front of your house right about now.

can you give monk fist weapons?

1 Like

Are you serious?

Since when turning off graphics details is optimization?

And even disabling all the stuff, it’s a pain play the game.

3 Likes

Yes, I say with experience in the subject, and by suggestion of many other users, it’s a thing that you discover with years of play on Windows. If you do a little web search you’ll find out. It’s related to permissions on the directory, Windows rights system is a tricky thing.

So much so that if you buy a game from GOG (and others), when you are installing, the installer will automatically suggest that the game be installed in C:\GOG Games\ (or something).

And I said that you avoid problems with games by NOT installing on Program Files folder. Can be any other but this. For example, you can do like me, I have C:\Games\ folder, on this one I have all my games, like the entire Steam and Origin.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the problem of the game, but I wanted to include this to the knowledge of who plays on the PC.

less graphic options is no solution; game use ONLY 1 CORE CPU!

doesn’t use the graphics card at all!

RIP ToS

4 Likes

dude, this is so lame

1 Like

You can avoid permission related bugs (settings files that won’t save) and those kinds of issues by installing in proper directories, but under very little circumstances will installing outside Program Files actually boost your performance or resolve graphical or netcode problems, such as is the case here.

That’s why I said:

Just a bonus tip” and “Anyway, this has nothing to do with the problem of the game, but I wanted to include this to the knowledge of who plays on the PC.

It’s kind a off-topic.

Anyway, I do not know if it is only “permission related bugs (settings files that won’t save) and those kinds of issues” that this procedure helps. But the fact is that games should not be installed on Program Files. Never.

Just a guess: I think it started on Windows Vista. I remember of Windows XP (that system was the last good O.S from Microsoft), you could install a game on Program Files without any problems. In fact, Windows XP never showed problem.

I never had any problem with games on Program Files except some old games that didn’t saved settings even running as admin, other than that, all is fine, but i did prefer put all on a slave drive in case my OS or main Hard Drive decide to die on me, at least i have a backup and don’t need to download 40+GB all over again.

It is for the most part an old wives’ tale. It’s a bug that was present solely on Windows Vista, and not on 7, 8 or 10.

@hkkim Thanks for your answer. But “At least more graphic option”? :confused: We need real optimization, not more options to turn off the graphics. GPU/CPU Optimization. The game Barely uses the GPU.

2 Likes

The game runs smooth when i turn off my computer. Stunning graphics, real time physics, lot of players around…
Wait thats real life, damm.

The bad thing is that i could enjoy tos with my laptop i3 and gt740m almost same as users with gtx970 and those i5, 7 etc and tons of RAM

Thats not good.

2 Likes

thats not a dev. thats the CEO i believe.

well, if they cant fix the 2 fps in GvGs, they better close the game.

2 Likes

even better – twenty characters

The simple solution on FPS drop for World Bosses: Add an option to hide players, just showing the ones in your party. Done, the problem is solved until the real optimization is done.

1 Like

I think Tree of Savior is the new Crysis, they fooled us. It’s Crysis 4, because no PC can run this ■■■■ :joy:

this, game freezes worst bcause of the scattering pieces ):