Tree of Savior Forum

*** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

If I cannot teach stupid people then I will learn to co-exist with you instead. Rather you accept help when its right in front of you or smash your face into the keyboard and complain broken keyboard repeatedly it makes no difference to me.

Those that lack knowledge are also the ones that lack awareness on their short comings. They also tend to see themselves above others. In your case, being above all others that argue with you here in this forum. Amazing how you could not even give a single valid point to me and resort to escape. Sad.

1 Like

The whole thread disagrees with you. Even kTOS patch notes disagree with you.

1 Like

He lost in the moment he decided to put trump meme here as a response for your arguments. I’d tell you to stop bothering with him but sadly he will continue his bs.

I have already played one MMO where one of classes was marked as “you are supposed to lure mobs only, you cant build damage because you are not designed to do it” by community - and devs never changed that. I didnt change class by that time because i liked playing as i wanted to. Thankfully i had group of friends who didnt care about meta and let me join anytime i wanted for group activities.

I dont want to be a victim of meta calls by other classes once again, who see only with me a swash and nothing more. I strongly support all those Swordsmans who are struggling because of being marked as punchboys, no matter what their build is.

@Abel_Orihara, do us a favor and leave this thread if you cannot provide anything that makes sense, because so far you are trying to enforce a role on us while… I dont feel like retyping everything that previous users wrote, scroll up those 300+ messages and you will find answers. Unless you are closed-minded.

1 Like

See its obvious you aren’t looking for help or improvement just pushing nails into your coffin. No facts, no proof, no experience. Nothing but “Everyone that failed at their role agrees with me” garbage that is serving as nothing but blanket statements.

You are just making lies now. Not only to me but to yourself but read the thread. Plenty of current swordsmen have explained to you how to play even as the noob you are with no difficulty at all. But everyone’s attention to you has expired because you are ceaselessly stupid to obvious avail.

With your ending being a push & push & push then repeat, repeat, repeat. And while you continue breaking your keyboard not taking in any of the knowledge bestowed upon you the rest of us have gotten ill of your plague and left.

To name a few. You, my friend, are the only one blind here. Burn.

Side note: Still no counter argument and only insults. Sad.

4 Likes

Jack’s getting hammered downnnnn!!!

aaaandddd im still eating salty popcorns here hahaha

That trump troll meme lol

The sad part is trump still get more supporters than him

1 Like

Boy, you are trying to force your view on the Swordsman class as the absolute truth and saying that everyone who doesn’t feel like playing a tank is wrong. Get real, if you don’t agree with the idea of dealing DPS as a melee (mainly the reason for the 2H weapons classes to exist) you don’t need to argument with anyone here at all.
Show me one phrase said by an actual developer in which he says Swordsmen are meant to only tank, preferably with him explaining why they did make so many offensive circles for the class then.
It’s your opinion, and by the looks of the thread and how everyone is reacting to you, it’s not the majority’s opinion, almost no one here agrees with anything you say.

1 Like

Now I understand why jack hates shieldmen good thing jack is jack :slight_smile:

He must have only experienced simple games where you only have one job to do. He gets confused with versatility. I hope someday he can digest that idea.

1 Like

Is this your first time playing MMOs (or any video games)?

HP is not the defining factor of whether a class is meant to tank or not. I will point you back to an MMO called Ragnarok Online, which is likely one of the inspiration of this game. OR more recently, look at Final Fantasy XIV and look at all of the variations of the so-called “tank” classes most if not all games that feature a swordsman archetype include variance for DPS…

This game is actually guilty of not staying true to its own concept of variety, where it seems as though you are not needed or at all wanted if you don’t take the one class for the one one skill that everyone else seems to only care about. The developers promised that you could make whatever you wanted and it would be viable, except that does not seem to be the case judging from what everything in this thread.

This is all coming from the guy that almost religiously plays a swordsman job tree on his first playthrough of any game.

1 Like

Did they ever promise that? I’m curious, tbh. Because viability is more in the eyes of the community above all else, so that doesn’t sit right if they try to make everything have equal viability from the standpoint of a dev.

That said, it wouldn’t hurt to give Swordsmen more utility along with their DPS. Right now I feel because all of our damage lack oomf, that having utility will set us different from the Wizards and such. Highlander has some of the right approach to a utilitarized DPS character, and Corsair has pretty decent party support.

Let me put it in terms that follow your logic.

From what I can assess of this topic (I can’t give me own opinion on this since I haven’t moved that far ahead), once you hit the 200+ level mark, if you do not have the one class for the one skill that the rest of the party cares about, you’re are useless to them and therefore not worth keeping in the party. That alone tells you that this game has a very broken game design element with regard to one class archetype.

And yes, they did say that you could play any class in any combination of advancements without it being a hindrance to your experience. I have trouble finding the dev blogs where this was made mention of, but I am certain they said that much was possible, and right now, the opposite of what they said is the case (“can’t lure? you’re useless”).

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The world isn’t as black and white as you pretend it to be, not to mention as deluded.

Becoming a professional in law is more and more becoming a “burgers and fries” type of job because the sheer amount of people that are graduating as lawyers and from similar law degrees. The same is happening to engineers. This day an age a truck driver and a fisherman job can earn you significantly more than the civil engineering job or the fickle law profession because it has become a race to the bottom… so your analogy doesn’t work.

If one skill is the only thing that is needed of an entire class in this game, then the problem is with the game’s design and not its players.

1 Like

What’s the point of have 80 classes, if not the viability?

1 Like

That’s a community-driven thing though. “If you’re not a Peltasta then gtfo” is more or less the community because nobody else has an CC mechanic that actually spans beyond the screens and can quite honestly spam it.

What the issue is the Swordsmen who want to become the glassy close ranged DPSers can’t even hold a candle to the ranged and magic DPSers at all, despite being in more danger than them indefinitely. The ones that don’t want to be a bruiser or a tank want to deal pure damage, but because of the community, how Pelt 1 is designed, and how generally the other classes preformed; they’re shoehorned into the role of being at least a bruiser. Also huh, Must’ve missed that post in the dev blog.

I’m not sure. When you get to that level of massiveness, you need entire teams to even document. Like, look at League and it’s constant influx of Champions versus ones that don’t even see the light of day in trade of the ones that are played simply becomes overtuned.

Honestly I don’t expect every class to be viable. Because viability is quite dependent on what the game wants from it’s players; In our case Saalus runs and Earth Tower being the current meta shaper. It just depends on what happens when new content comes out presuably with Rank 8.

You pretty much only need a decent healer for saalus, if the party knows what they are doing. Such as:

1)Bring first boss to statue, kill it there while AoE the waves at the same time.
2)Kill teleporters
3)One person can kite the turtle away from group, just within its reset aggro range.
4)Know what AoEs to avoid eating

It’s pretty easy.